• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelvin Sheppard at Middle Linebacker Position?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that some of the Fins personnel staff would like to see Kelvin Sheppard have a chance to win the starting MLB spot. It makes sense to me. I think back to the Pats vs Fins second game. It could be easily overlooked because the Fins got crushed that day but Sheppard played well. He had 10 tackles, 7 solo including a tackle for a loss. (In 11 games Misi had 66 tackles with 50 solo) I remember one play in particular when Blount got stopped in his tracks by Sheppard with a solo tackle. The Pats had 108 total rushing yards that day which isn't too bad for the defense. Maybe Sheppard has been underestimated by myself and others. He wasn't a star LB in the NFL before he got to the Fins yet I remember him being a good college LB. He was a part of a championship team at LSU in 2008 and his last year before being drafted 2010 he was First Team All SEC. This is no knock on Misi. He just may be a better OLB than a MLB. Also, he has one year in his 5 year career when he played 16 games. At the very least Sheppard deserves a real chance to compete for the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have Tripp. This is having me lean more towards G in the draft.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan,

I think guard would be a good choice for the next pick unless you see a very talented/productive player to add to the secondary at either CB or safety. With good blocking the Fins' offense could be special with Devante Parker now on board.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan,

I think guard would be a good choice for the next pick unless you see a very talented/productive player to add to the secondary at either CB or safety. With good blocking the Fins' offense could be special with Devante Parker now on board.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as they haven't solidified the G position whereas they have some vets at ILB, FS, CB, RB and DT. G seems to need a quality player although nothing is a sure thing a 2nd rounder is better than a 4th. There was a run of CB's taken and FS seems weak I could add some depth there in later rounds. I'll update you as we're on rd 2 pick 8...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as they haven't solidified the G position whereas they have some vets at ILB, FS, CB, RB and DT. G seems to need a quality player although nothing is a sure thing a 2nd rounder is better than a 4th. There was a run of CB's taken and FS seems weak I could add some depth there in later rounds. I'll update you as we're on rd 2 pick 8...

One thing good about having multiple positional needs is that the team can pick best player available at a number of positions. If you see a potential starting ILB that could still be a wise pick for the Fins. I see that the Falcons just took ILB Stephone Anthony. I think they got very good value for him in that spot.