• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelly

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think him throwing a big shit fit is to get the playoff committee to notice? Notre Dame clearly was the better team on Saturday and the outcome was determined by the officials.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think him throwing a big shit fit is to get the playoff committee to notice? Notre Dame clearly was the better team on Saturday and the outcome was determined by the officials.

I think without question, he's lobbying, although I wouldn't characterize it as a "shit fit." He's answering the questions asked of him by the media. He's not taking the high road on it for sure, but that's his perogative. If he doesn't keep the emphasis on the call being "questionable" nobody else will. We're not going to get any favors from the media, least of all ESPN, which got to set the narrative early with their broadcast, and holds entierly too much sway over college football as it is. Winston played a hell of a second half, but you know what, so did we. We dominated every statistic except the final score. It seems there's a lot of "redemption" type stories out there for FSU, and Jimbo certainly tried to play that up as much as possible. "We have character and integrity on this team." (puke). BTW, I didn't hear much in the way of congratulations from Jimbo on the game or effort by ND. It was all about him, his players and his punk ass QB, talented as he is, still a punk ass. I thought it was kinda classless, especially given he had to know they got away with one (more than a few FSU fans I know acknowledge that they did).

There's going to be a lot of one loss teams, and this is the first week of the committee's poll I believe. Time to jockey for position.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss now means that Notre Dame can no longer just escape games like they did against UNC.

Now we have to decisively beat the teams on the remainder of our schedule. Yeah, tough games on the road with ASU and USC, but we'll still be favored, and if we want to be noticed by the committee, then we have to win and look good doing it.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can totally understand where Kelly's coming from, to be honest I thought 'they' threw us a bone already in only dropping us a couple of spots. I kind of think of it as an 'except for that penalty your team played the better game" nod. I said prior to the game that all the Irish really needed to do was play a good, close game and even in losing we'd be fine.

We might still be on the outside looking in depending on how things shuffle out but we'll see. I'm still sort of just smiling to myself over here... it's nice to know we can play in those top-ranked type of matchups and not just tank it, we've not been up to the task of late. There's a few things I dislike about Kelly but you can't really deny he's been good for the program, certainly not like Davie, Willingham and Weis were. This might not be our year, we might luck our way into a crazy matchup, but as far as just outright being able to say 'we're the best team in the country' and having most everyone agree with it even despite how they feel about the Irish isn't the case THIS year. Now then, the future does look bright...

As far as Jimbo goes... dude has to laugh his ass off when he looks in the mirror. How else can he say the shit he says and still keep a straight face?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can totally understand where Kelly's coming from, to be honest I thought 'they' threw us a bone already in only dropping us a couple of spots. I kind of think of it as an 'except for that penalty your team played the better game" nod. I said prior to the game that all the Irish really needed to do was play a good, close game and even in losing we'd be fine.

We might still be on the outside looking in depending on how things shuffle out but we'll see. I'm still sort of just smiling to myself over here... it's nice to know we can play in those top-ranked type of matchups and not just tank it, we've not been up to the task of late. There's a few things I dislike about Kelly but you can't really deny he's been good for the program, certainly not like Davie, Willingham and Weis were. This might not be our year, we might luck our way into a crazy matchup, but as far as just outright being able to say 'we're the best team in the country' and having most everyone agree with it even despite how they feel about the Irish isn't the case THIS year. Now then, the future does look bright...

As far as Jimbo goes... dude has to laugh his ass off when he looks in the mirror. How else can he say the shit he says and still keep a straight face?

That was the most complete coached game that Kelly's had that I can remember. He outcoached Jimbo. Even that last call, which was set up perfectly, but for the flag, was all by design. Remeber they checked into that play. It was set up so that if Darby or Ramsey played Robinson, then either Procise or Fuller would have been open. That was why it wasn't a pick or a rub. Fuller's first move was TOWARD Robinson, which if you're trying to pick your guy, you don't draw him toward your intended receiver. He faked right and then slanted, if Darby broke off to pursue Robinson, Fuller should have been wide open on the slant. Instead, Darby moved inside to take away that route, leaving Robinson wide open. The only head scratcher play, and I say that Kelly's good for a few of them each game, was the 4th down call in the first half. The turnover on downs that led to 3 points ultimately was critical.

We do have to give credit to FSU's second half adjustments. They got rid of the ball quicker to negate the blitzes and Winston's passes were on target. We could have been better underneath, but we owned the line of scrimamge on both sides, even when they went up, I wasn't too nervous.

As to your last point, I didn't really dislike Jimbo Fisher before. I loathe him now. His cheesy, for the cameras speech to Winston after the game was pathetic. The fact that he even has to tell Winston not to be an ass says that he is, in fact, an ass and Jimbo knows it. And Jimbo saying his players have integrity and class is an insult to the collective intelligence of everyone. Yes, they have class, except for the QB that steals crab legs and jumps on tables shouting vulgarities, and players that steal scooters and then lie about it, and then players that destroy property shooting bb guns, that's before we even get to the the allegations of r*pe and selling autographs. The program is run pretty far from class and integrity and Jimbo would have been well served to heed the advice given to his QB, be humble. Instead, he tried to defend these miscreats, which some might say is noble and what a coach should do, but man alive, if the Title 9 investigation finds wrongdoings or code of conduct violations, or we find he was selling his autograph, Jimbo's already on a shaky limb saying "he didn't do anything wrong." He already looks foolish claiming his players perform with integrity and class.