• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the cap situation bc they of the players Lebron wanted. It got them to 4 Finals and won one. I will gladly suffer for the next two in a rebuild. It’s better than a 7-8 rebuild paying a guy +30M when he is past his prime and having no chance an earlier rebuild LOL

DO keep invoking the past. that should help ease the pain that's coming...:rolleyes2:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have a point there.

Despite how things end, you won a championship.

So it was totally worth it.

With that being said, I don't think a late 30's LeBron will be washed like a late 30's Paul Pierce.

It's never ideal to pay a older guy max money, for max years....

But, if you had to....LeBron would be the guy you make an exception for.

Cp3 is a whole nother story...

That 7 year rebuild paying a 30M washed up guy was a shot to Kobe lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13 ....

Leonard put out word he wanted to leave San Antonio, ideally for the Lakers. He met with Gregg Popovichthis week in San Diego, reportedly directly telling the president-coach he wants out.

What are the Spurs doing now?

Report: Spurs hearing out Kawhi Leonard trade offers, including from Lakers

It sounds more and more true BUT come out and say it like most guys do. He is trying to act like the good guy keeping it within the organization but it is backfiring imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds more and more true BUT come out and say it like most guys do. He is trying to act like the good guy keeping it within the organization but it is backfiring imo

He is not trying to act like the good guy.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't speak publically. He never has. It would be nice for him to call a press conference and explain what is going on, but that does not fit his MO. Silence absolutely does.

Kawhi deserves criticism for lack of communication with his employer, but he owes the public nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawhi Leonard doesn't speak publically. He never has. It would be nice for him to call a press conference and explain what is going on, but that does not fit his MO. Silence absolutely does.

Kawhi deserves criticism for lack of communication with his employer, but he owes the public nothing.

I never said he owed the public anything persay but I’m sure the media is blowing this up. Like I have said I will wait to say anything, he will have talk about the situation eventually

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO keep invoking the past. that should help ease the pain that's coming...:rolleyes2:

Meh like I said the first time he left, I wouldn’t blame him. The roster is better than the first time but no very good but it’s hard to get superstars in a place like Cleveland. They had a rising star and he left and that’s why Kyrie os a bitch. He said he loved Cleveland and stabbed them in the back. It’s not too often Cleveland gets stars like that, Lebron and Kyrie. So Lebron was step up to end his career in Cleveland until Kyrie left. I would leave if I could play with Kawhi too, he’s a beast.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The less he talks, the worse he looks, imo. The media has taken this and ran with it. Who better to settle things down than the man himself? Not saying I expect him to say anything DIRECTLY to the media, because that would make him look even worse, but just seeing an accurate report from someone like Woj or Shams saying "Kawhi Leonard has told the organization he wants a trade." would be great.

Not "sources say Kawhi Leonard wants out." That's so vague.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh like I said the first time he left, I wouldn’t blame him. The roster is better than the first time but no very good but it’s hard to get superstars in a place like Cleveland. They had a rising star and he left and that’s why Kyrie os a bitch. He said he loved Cleveland and stabbed them in the back. It’s not too often Cleveland gets stars like that, Lebron and Kyrie. So Lebron was step up to end his career in Cleveland until Kyrie left. I would leave if I could play with Kawhi too, he’s a beast.

it's "hard" because y'all capped out, and who's fault is that? Kyrie left imo because he felt slighted. so i'm not seeing the "stabbed them in the back" thing. If the organisation made promises to Kyrie and reneged how's the guy SUPPOSED to feel...?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's "hard" because y'all capped out, and who's fault is that? Kyrie left imo because he felt slighted. so i'm not seeing the "stabbed them in the back" thing. If the organisation made promises to Kyrie and reneged how's the guy SUPPOSED to feel...?

Slighted? Lol he couldn’t be a leader before Lebron, Lebron takes them to the Finals year after year, he gets more usage than Lebron and gets to do his own thing and play his game but he is slighted. If Lebron doesn’t comeback, Kyrie is nothing. I bet most forget about him bc he is just a very good player on a shit team. Promises? You have no idea what you are talking about LOLzzz. Kyrie left bc he wanted to be the man, like he was before on those 20-30 win teams even though Lebron was going to give him the throne sooner rather than later, how selfish is Kyrie? Pretty selfish. Like I said before Kyrie had a higher usage rate than Lebron. There is no defense for Kyrie especially since he faked an injury just for a trade. If Lebron leaves, KYRIE is at fault.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slighted? Lol he couldn’t be a leader before Lebron, Lebron takes them to the Finals year after year, he gets more usage than Lebron and gets to do his own thing and play his game but he is slighted. If Lebron doesn’t comeback, Kyrie is nothing. I bet most forget about him bc he is just a very good player on a shit team. Promises? You have no idea what you are talking about LOLzzz. Kyrie left bc he wanted to be the man, like he was before on those 20-30 win teams even though Lebron was going to give him the throne sooner rather than later, how selfish is Kyrie? Pretty selfish. Like I said before Kyrie had a higher usage rate than Lebron. There is no defense for Kyrie especially since he faked an injury just for a trade. If Lebron leaves, KYRIE is at fault.

oh i don't. well then kindly enlighten us all since YOU were there behind closed doors...:tsk:

fact of the matter is he CLEARLY didn't want to be there anymore for a reason. and it isn't as if LeClown isn't a selfish guy himself...

so unlike you, i'm not going to lay all the blame at Kyrie's feet...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Houston does. There's a lot of pressure to give Chris Paul the max, but with his age and injury history, is it smart to pay him top dollar for five years?
I just read something yesterday that says they are having a bit if turmoil over the contract.

They don't want to go full max.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the cap situation bc they of the players Lebron wanted. It got them to 4 Finals and won one. I will gladly suffer for the next two in a rebuild. It’s better than a 7-8 rebuild paying a guy +30M when he is past his prime and having no chance an earlier rebuild LOL

lol @2 year rebuild for the Cavs.

The only way to do it is through FA. Exactly which difference making FA's are lining up to go to Cleveland with Lebron not there?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he owed the public anything persay but I’m sure the media is blowing this up. Like I have said I will wait to say anything, he will have talk about the situation eventually
Fultz still hasn't....

:noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to trade for Leonard all they have to do is wait till next summer and sign them without giving anything up

Not if they want Lebron, PG and Kawhi. To do that, they will have to sign Lebron and PG and trade for Kawhi.

If they sign Lebron and PG, they won't have the cap space to sign Kawhi next year and I don't think there will be much way for them to create it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i don't. well then kindly enlighten us all since YOU were there behind closed doors...:tsk:

fact of the matter is he CLEARLY didn't want to be there anymore for a reason. and it isn't as if LeClown isn't a selfish guy himself...

so unlike you, i'm not going to lay all the blame at Kyrie's feet...

More than 90% of them blame, yes. Even with those bad contracts for the next two they could work around it and Kyrie would still only be 27 or 28. Perfect time to expand roster and let Kyrie take over while getting to Finals after Finals. Kyrie will regret it bc they wont beat the Lakers or W’s, maybe not even the Sixers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @2 year rebuild for the Cavs.

The only way to do it is through FA. Exactly which difference making FA's are lining up to go to Cleveland with Lebron not there?

I meant getting through these contracts while building. More like 4-6 years

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they want Lebron, PG and Kawhi. To do that, they will have to sign Lebron and PG and trade for Kawhi.

If they sign Lebron and PG, they won't have the cap space to sign Kawhi next year and I don't think there will be much way for them to create it.
If you can get all 3, you get all 3.

Kawhi and George are still young enough that you don't have to worry about Lebron's window for greatness.

He can easily shift into Tim Duncan mode when Parker and then Kawhi hit their strides in San Antonio.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, pretty funny that folks think a guy who never speaks publicly is going to start calling press conferences.

Part of the reason he seemed like such a good fit in San Antonio was because he never speaks publicly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant getting through these contracts while building. More like 4-6 years

Okay yeah, that makes more sense. Even then, it will likely take longer unless they nail several picks in a row like GSW did.