• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap not standing up during national anthem

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any opinions? I personally would never do it but I don't really don't care if he does it. It is his choice and if he wants to be an idiot than he can be an idiot. I personally am not going to throw a shit fit.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get that its his right as a Citizen but if he is going to get paid millions of dollars to play football in AMERICA then he should never do that

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he worked for ESPN, he woulda got a promotion. :L

The NFL will do nothing, unless it totally 'tarnishes' their already wishy-washy image.

Tis all about the level of backlash for these entities to take any 'action'. Ray Rice ring a bell?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is screwed up. Wouldnt shock me if he gets cut. Guy hasnt played in a year and his 1st game back he does this. I have no clue whats going through his head. The weird thing is he has been doing this for 3 pre season games and this is the only one that got attention.

2nd Im getting sick of this black lives matter shit. All lives matter. Here is a little fun fact: This year there has been more police killing of white Americans then Black Americans. So stop with this crap. ALL LIVES MATTER. Doesnt matter what color you are. Also Its time to take care of our Vets who served this country. I dont want to get into politics on this board so i wont speak about it again.

If I offended anyone I am sorry. This is my opinion and it wont change. I feel everyone matters in this country. Police Brutality affects everyone.

Not standing up for you country and Flag I dont agree with. There were better ways he could made a stand.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLus, Kap is definitely not a black man being oppressed. His parents are white and he has millions of dollars in the bank. If anything he is privileged. I agree with Purguy, all lives matter. Yes, some cops do bad things but 99% do the right thing and we don't hear about that. Stand up against the media portraying all the negative. We wouldn't have the racial tension in this word if the media wasn't so biased.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about Kap outside of the fact ND whooped up on him when he was at Nevada.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLus, Kap is definitely not a black man being oppressed. His parents are white and he has millions of dollars in the bank. If anything he is privileged. I agree with Purguy, all lives matter. Yes, some cops do bad things but 99% do the right thing and we don't hear about that. Stand up against the media portraying all the negative. We wouldn't have the racial tension in this word if the media wasn't so biased.
I agree. Media is a big cause of whats going on.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has heard this guy talk realizes he's not a very bright guy and perfect fodder for the lies spewed by the BLM's of the world. If black communities weren't steeped in violence, they wouldn't be flooded with cops and the over publicized incidents between the police and these "communities" would become practically non existent.
The police aren't the problem, the out of control violence among young black males is. But to point that out makes you a racist so the discussion can never be had and idiots like Kapernick will do dumb shit like this

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has heard this guy talk realizes he's not a very bright guy and perfect fodder for the lies spewed by the BLM's of the world. If black communities weren't steeped in violence, they wouldn't be flooded with cops and the over publicized incidents between the police and these "communities" would become practically non existent.
The police aren't the problem, the out of control violence among young black males is. But to point that out makes you a racist so the discussion can never be had and idiots like Kapernick will do dumb shit like this
Wow Cyder ... you a closet Domer, brah?

And I totally agree with your analogy, but you prolly already knew that.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with a guy taking a stance, regardless of if I agree with it or not. I don't agree with not standing for the national anthem. He could speak out about it in interviews before and after games, he could donate a few million dollars to support a college scholarship for at risk students to try to change their lives for the better. When a person feels like criminal behavior is the only way out of the terrible situation they are in regardless of color they are going to take that shot of getting out of a terrible life even if only for a brief amount of time. Young people in that situation need to feel like they have a different way, a path to a brighter future that doesn't end with a drug deal gone wrong, a drive bye shooting or jail cell. So maybe instead of not standing for the national anthem he should be doing a real action and actually helping to fix the real problems, and giving these young people some hope.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a stand all you want Kaep, but this is about showing respect for those who fought for you to have the right to play football. You want to make a change, give up the game and do something else to make a change.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a stand all you want Kaep, but this is about showing respect for those who fought for you to have the right to play football. You want to make a change, give up the game and do something else to make a change.
I have listened to multiple soldiers come on talk shows and say that they have no problem with his actions even though they don't agree with them. Many of them basically said they fought and served so he is free to speak his mind. Not that they necessarily agreed with him and many didn't but the fact that they served for his right to be free. I tend to agree. I don't side with his methods but also know it's the freedom our soldiers fought and died for. I personally believe he would be better served by choosing another way but that's his choice. I also understand how some are offended.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have listened to multiple soldiers come on talk shows and say that they have no problem with his actions even though they don't agree with them. Many of them basically said they fought and served so he is free to speak his mind. Not that they necessarily agreed with him and many didn't but the fact that they served for his right to be free. I tend to agree. I don't side with his methods but also know it's the freedom our soldiers fought and died for. I personally believe he would be better served by choosing another way but that's his choice. I also understand how some are offended.
I agree, I will say this Kap is not doing this to slap the Vets in the face or people fighting for this country today. He actually does a lot for the military family. Like some one said there are better ways to do this. This method is not one of them. I also agree with trump if you dont like this country get out, quite football and go somewhere else.