• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas is Next…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana has regularly mentioned his group of kids are collectively better than he is in getting past a disappointing loss.

Not sure if it is a good thing to have one's resiliency tested as much as this year's team, but last night is another one that has to be forgotten.

Cause Kansas is next…

Kansas is having another tough season. They have not won a conference game this season. In fact, they have won only one conference game in the last 3 seasons.

But, they seem to be fighting hard in their losses. Last summer at Big 12 media days, he was asked how he was able to recruit so many talented JUCO players to KU, and he referred to his pile of crap he inherited.

I wonder what he thinks of them so far…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU will be facing a KU team that is ranked among the nation's worst in total offense with a @117 ranking and average of 295 yds/gm.

KU's defense is ranked #92 averaging 437 yds/gm.

Of course WVU is not much better… with a defense ranking of #100 and an offensive ranking of #77.

WVU's looks to be improving on all three sides of the ball, so I hope we'll see more signs of this on Saturday.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to get up and be motivated for this one, MUST WIN game here, big week!!

This game SHOULD be a win. Kansas is capable of beating us, as is anyone, but they are a very poorly coached team with not much work ethic. Win this one, and IAST at home is HUGE for the program, the extra work time afforded by a bowl is much needed by this team.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Baylor, we have had a good chance to win every Big 12 game this year. Kansas would not compete in the AAC. I cannot believe that we are only 7.5 point favorites. I don't worry about this game but I do worry a bit about Iowa State.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread highjack...it maybe just me but I was totally digging the throw back helmets!...always like that logo!!............hope they pull them out again...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread highjack...it maybe just me but I was totally digging the throw back helmets!...always like that logo!!............hope they pull them out again...

Me too.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved them as well. Took me back a lot of years

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved them as well. Took me back a lot of years

I saw that helmet back in 1979...That game was a loss too. I did not like the uniform combo last Saturday.

In many ways, the flying WV has become the trademark of our school. While it was cool to use the 1979 version, I would want on national TV, our trademark shown as much as possible. It has become part of who we are.

I say we put those 1979 helmets back for another 24 years.

I'm getting old.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I liked seeing the old helmets from my youth, they make me think of lousy football. As a change every few years, OK, but we do not need to see them regularly. Like was said above, the flying WV is our logo, and we need to wear it proudly. We want to be one of those top programs, well, how many helmets do UM, 'Bama, ND, etc have???

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had flashbacks of Old Mountaineer Field and Bobby Bowden roaming the sidelines

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me of the game against Penn St in the fall of 1972. We had a very good running back from Monongah WV, Kerry Marbury. who ran the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. The place went nuts, alas we lost the game, but that helmet ran straight for me in the endzone. It was fun to see the old logo again, but even as an oldie, I like the flying WV better.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU opened as a 7.5 favorite. Yesterday I read that the line had dropped to 6.5.

People be hating on WVU…

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our team will be up for the game. They may have hated losing but they have nothing to hang their heads about and I think they know that.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... there is so much on the line that I cannot imagine they'll have any problem with focus for the KU game.

The real problem for WVU will be countering the coaching genius known as Charlie Weis. WVU is at a true disadvantage.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kansas turns into a game where we get all three teams going for a whole game. Spark the offense, keep the defense fired up and have a game where the special teams does not kill us. Only two games left and i am still pumped, love this school and team. THEY FIGHT and I love it!

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I get that WVU's defense and offense are not ranked very high - I feel that for the last few games, they are executing at a much higher level than their respective rankings. Our defense faced a much better offense than showed on the field. Largely because our defense came to play and they had a defensive scheme that worked. Ultimately we lost, but I still am very pleased with the overall effort and heart on display with our defensive unit.

As for our offense, as much as I am not completely sold on Trickett (and many of you are not as well), when he went down - I thought we were sunk. Mallard has not been very effective this year and I was not expecting much. But he showed he does possess skills and can move this team down the field. And there also seems to be a few guys elsewhere who stepped up and made the plays and took responsibility to get yards regardless of who was calling the play. Much needed and about time.

We are in a must win situation if we want a bowl and the extra practice time and experience that this team absolutely needs.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... there is so much on the line that I cannot imagine they'll have any problem with focus for the KU game.

The real problem for WVU will be countering the coaching genius known as Charlie Weis. WVU is at a true disadvantage.

:lol:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me if the game is on TV, and where? Thanks