• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, I think Kaep actually may be crazy as a fox. I think he is trying to force the Niners to cut him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His pig socks are the second most offensive socks in the NFL!

Strawman alert. I'd like to see the Skins' name changed, and tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs' name eventually (probably inevitable even) is changed based on the grounds of cultural appropriation even if in truth it's named after a politcal boss. Guess it wouldn't be sexy to name the team the Pendergasts. At least, that's if my memory is good this morning.

Last edited:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but what IS funny is NOT BEING A COMMIE would be if they got power.

Lets switch this up.

A White Nazi protests America Civil Rights by sitting during the National Anthem.

Somehow Your positions changes huh?

Paranoid much?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, I think Kaep actually may be crazy as a fox. I think he is trying to force the Niners to cut him.

I thought about that, but the way he's stumbling around makes me think he's just a dumbass that wanted to do something but didn't know exactly what to do.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep silent protest is an issue now. First there was an issue with violent protest. Now there is an issue with silent/peaceful protest. This is hilarious
I have no problem with peaceful protests, I just don't like dumbass, incoherent protests. And sitting for the national anthem has to be the least effective form of "protest" of all time.

Actually, now that I think about it, wearing pig cop socks is definitely worse.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strawman alert. I'd like to see the Skins' name changed, and tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs' name eventually (probably inevitable even) is changed based on the grounds of cultural appropriation even if in truth it's named after a politcal boss. Guess it wouldn't be sexy to name the team the Pendergasts. At least, that's if my memory is good this morning.

Nah. The left work in trends, and that one faded out when they realized it wasn't doing enough to sway the white guilt vote. Just like we barely hear anything anymore about gays being oppressed. They've moved onto transgenders now. Once the election is over, and their votes aren't needed anymore, the blacks will be forgotten (again), and some other minority will be told to by the media to get all pissed off about something.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with peaceful protests, I just don't like dumbass, incoherent protests. And sitting for the national anthem has to be the least effective form of "protest" of all time.

Actually, now that I think about it, wearing pig cop socks is definitely worse.

Totally agree with that

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, mixed that up. Was Mayor Bartle's schtick more than anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you read this. It talks about the demographic breakdown of those killed by police from May 2013 to April 2015.

Deaths at the hands of the police (per the article)
49% White
30% Black
19% Hispanic

US population (general)
63.7% White
12.2% Black
12.5% Hispanic

Much higher per population percentage for people of color. They do go on to note that when adjusted for homicide rates, whites are 1.3% more likely to be killed by police. But again, this includes justified kills, which isn't part of this discussion really. That skews these stats.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49% White
30% Black
19% Hispanic

US population (general)
63.7% White
12.2% Black
12.5% Hispanic

Much higher per population percentage for people of color. They do go on to note that when adjusted for homicide rates, whites are 1.3% more likely to be killed by police. But again, this includes justified kills, which isn't part of this discussion really. That skews these stats.
Now go look up the crime rates for white, black, and Hispanics.

By the way, the article talked about how it's tough to separate the justified kills from those that were not when looking at the stats. That's part of the reason that the whole "cops are killing black people" narrative doesn't really fly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now go look up the crime rates for white, black, and Hispanics.

By the way, the article talked about how it's tough to separate the justified kills from those that were not when looking at the stats. That's part of the reason that the whole "cops are killing black people" narrative doesn't really fly.

The stats don't really have a lot of specific value in this discussion because of that "justified" aspect.

I disagree overall though; that narrative DOES fly because there is visual evidence. Where are the videos of unarmed white suspects being shot and killed? Where is the video of a policeman not even bothering to get out of a car to shoot dead a small child playing with a toy gun? Where is the video of a white man, prone on the ground with his limbs outstretched as the policeman instructed, still getting shot by that policeman? Etc etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that a Power Elite ($11.9 Million a year to ride the pine) would condescend so effortlessly, isn't it?

What he makes has no impact on the topic. He is trying to use his fame to bring more attention to an issue, a voice for the voiceless.

He has announced that he will contribute his first $1M made this year to charities dealing with this issue.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he makes has no impact on the topic. He is trying to use his fame to bring more attention to an issue, a voice for the voiceless.

He has announced that he will contribute his first $1M made this year to charities dealing with this issue.

Good for him..have Chris Brown and Bill Cosby matched it yet?

When folks are behaving with respect to other folks, then they can tell everyone else how to live, capisce?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats don't really have a lot of specific value in this discussion because of that "justified" aspect.

I disagree overall though; that narrative DOES fly because there is visual evidence. Where are the videos of unarmed white suspects being shot and killed? Where is the video of a policeman not even bothering to get out of a car to shoot dead a small child playing with a toy gun? Where is the video of a white man, prone on the ground with his limbs outstretched as the policeman instructed, still getting shot by that policeman? Etc etc.
A few videos doesn't make a trend, though. That's the problem. It's difficult to unpack, and it's further complicated when groups like Black Lives Matters jump on cases like Michael Brown and push a narrative that's later proven to be a lie.

That guy that got shot with his hands up? That was terrible. That guy did everything right and still got shot. Does that mean that America is oppressing black people? Does it mean that cops hate black people? Does it mean that one cop hated black people and wanted to shoot one? Does it mean that one cop had terrible aim? Does it mean that one cop panicked and acted irrationally?

Again, just because there's videos doesn't mean there's an overall problem that the country as a whole needs to address. It could just mean that a few bad people did a bad thing, and they need to be punished individually.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49% White
30% Black
19% Hispanic

US population (general)
63.7% White
12.2% Black
12.5% Hispanic

OK, but what are the percentage of crimes per race and percentage of police shootings when this is considered?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to know what those charities are. . .

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers look just fine now. This isn't a 49ers issue. They've done nothing wrong as an organization when it comes to this and public opinion on them is the same as it was before.

The 9ers are probably loving it. He's taking the spotlight off what a dumpster fire the 9ers have become in such a short period of time.