• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ka'deem Carey AKA Captain All-America

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Sutton this year.. I consider him good as well. He has more to prove to be great.

Back to back defensive player of the year. The pac books will consider him an all time great. BTW if he's not an ASU all time great then I don't know what is. Not even Bruschi was a back to back denfensive player of the year and he's a college football all time great.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your opinion there was only one great player this season? So all the rest were just good?

You might as well just call them average.

Carey is good so that must mean Sankey was average. That's the vibe I'm getting from your expectations.

Main Entry: 3great
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural great or greats
Date: 13th century
: an outstandingly superior or skillful person <a tribute to the greats of baseball>

We can agree to disagree but in my opinion, when you call a player great you imply that they are outstandingly superior to most others that have played that position. Do I think Carey is an outstandingly superior RB when I consider the other RBs that have come out of this conference? No, I don't. I think he has a chance to be great, but his body of work is not complete and his legacy is unknown. I prefer to reserve the label "great" for a select few.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main Entry: 3great
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural great or greats
Date: 13th century
: an outstandingly superior or skillful person <a tribute to the greats of baseball>

We can agree to disagree but in my opinion, when you call a player great you imply that they are outstandingly superior to most others that have played that position. Do I think Carey is an outstandingly superior RB when I consider the other RBs that have come out of this conference? No, I don't. I think he has a chance to be great, but his body of work is not complete and his legacy is unknown. I prefer to reserve the label "great" for a select few.

I agree. Do I think he's an all time college great. No. Not yet at least.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ka'deem Carey now holds the PAC record for most rushing yards by a junior in a single season. He also holds the PAC sophmore record.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like The NFL advisory board has informed Ka'Deem that is he projected as a 2nd round pick. I'm sure this will be enough to sway him to enter draft. We shall wait n see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has nothing left to prove at this level. I think he's gone unfortunately.

Very true, he has nothing left to prove to NFL scouts, but it is impossible to see inside the motivations of 18-22 year olds.

We all assume that he will leave, but would it really be a huge shock if he came back? Local kid, chance to push the UofA rushing record to a place where it will likely never be touched, he only needs 800 yards to reach 2nd all time in Pac12 history... and there is always that extra motivation of being snubbed for the Doak Walker twice. I mean, if he comes back he could be the first UofA player to be invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

It all depends on whether his major motivation is getting paid, or if it is building a legacy at RB that will likely never be equaled. He is already a superstar in UofA history, but he is very, very close to being an all-time legend.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, he has nothing left to prove to NFL scouts, but it is impossible to see inside the motivations of 18-22 year olds.

We all assume that he will leave, but would it really be a huge shock if he came back? Local kid, chance to push the UofA rushing record to a place where it will likely never be touched, he only needs 800 yards to reach 2nd all time in Pac12 history... and there is always that extra motivation of being snubbed for the Doak Walker twice. I mean, if he comes back he could be the first UofA player to be invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

It all depends on whether his major motivation is getting paid, or if it is building a legacy at RB that will likely never be equaled. He is already a superstar in UofA history, but he is very, very close to being an all-time legend.

Hey Sting, I definitely wasn't calling you out about the class rankings. It's a great class, I just didn't feel (imo) that it's top ten. Their all fairly subjective around the teens anyway based on how the players are rated.

I think that Carey has accomplished most of what he's wanted, and I really can't blame him for leaving. As we all know, he came in and shattered every record in Tucson in (really) only two years.

But:

He still hasn't beaten ASU when he's the featured back.
And I think the Heisman is taunting him a bit, and so is the Doak Walker Award.
I also think that there are points that he wants AZ to reach (being a local kid), and he wants to be a part of them when they happen. Does he want it more than he wants to leave? That's the question. But a Pac South title, a Pac Title, a Rose Bowl, a BCS Bowl, etc: these are all accomplishments that AZ has yet to acquire, and with Carey back, plus the team that is being assembled for next year, he has a chance to gain certain national notoriety, and propel the Cats into previously unknown success.

Again though, are those personal and team achievements worth more than the money, which will be waiting after next year, anyway? And like GS stated, we're talking about the decision of a 21 year old. It's a wildcard at that point. I hope the best for him, regardless. And I thank him for being a Wildcat!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has nothing left to prove at this level. I think he's gone unfortunately.

Agreed Sting. Personally, I think he needs to go. No sense in coming back and risk injury and lose nfl stock. Shoot, being projected as a 2nd rounder as a running back nowadays is golden and on the bright side, if he gets drafted that high, it will make our program look that much better.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should go, but I think he stays. If he does stay he has a chance to become an all-time great. Wow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else find it interesting that Ka'Deem has yet to decided whether he's staying or leaving? I think the longer he takes to decide the better the chances are he stays. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else find it interesting that Ka'Deem has yet to decided whether he's staying or leaving? I think the longer he takes to decide the better the chances are he stays. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part.

I definitely agree with the longer he waits, the better the chances of his return. I just don't know what his chances currently rest at.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the factor that he has a kid, and then there's the other factor that his mom wants him to stay to finish school. There's so many factors right now, nobody, not even him self knows what to decide.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he is leaning towards the draft but it is hardly set in stone.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHIT!!!!!!

Can't blame ya though. Thanks for being a Wildcats, hands down top 5 to ever wear the Block A while holding the football.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please o please get drafted onto a team that will give him the best oppertunity. no vikings!

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That chip on his shoulder is becoming Godzilla sized.