• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K. Walker injury

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A "weird" interior ankle strain. Could play this week depending on his reaponse to treatment.

The RBs have probably been the most beat up and injured position ever since Lynch left.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him a week off, Carolina should be a gimme at home.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A "weird" interior ankle strain. Could play this week depending on his reaponse to treatment.

The RBs have probably been the most beat up and injured position ever since Lynch left.

Rare time I agree with Snuggy.

Give him a matenance week. We might need him in January

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say give him a week off as well, he's not going to be 100% against the Panthers anyway... Seattle was using Walker quite a bit up until the last couple games as well... Carolina is weaker against the run than the pass so it'll be unfortunate to be down another... but rushing him back against a 4-8 team that is flying all the way across the Country isn't going to help us in the long run...

Now some good news, Penny sounds like he might be able to return late in the season or for a playoff push....

And the Chargers/Rams need their field under investigation.... so glad we're done playing in that shithole.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread, the league should mandate artificial turf or at least have tighter regulations on grass

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread, the league should mandate artificial turf or at least have tighter regulations on grass

Not sure I'm following, but the Rams/Chargers stadium is artificial turf... and players on not only their team but opposing ones have said it doesn't have the give that natural grass or proper artificial turf (like Seattle's, where the 'soil is basically fine rubber) does.

They probably just slapped green carpet on the concrete shithole that is LAs landscape and called it a day. "If the smog or homeless wont kill you, we'll do our best to!" (signed the Chargers/Rams owners).

Thankfully Lockett/Metcalf/Smith got out there with any major injury and Walker should be okay after a few weeks. Sucks we had to play in that shitter twice this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm following, but the Rams/Chargers stadium is artificial turf... and players on not only their team but opposing ones have said it doesn't have the give that natural grass or proper artificial turf (like Seattle's, where the 'soil is basically fine rubber) does.

They probably just slapped green carpet on the concrete shithole that is LAs landscape and called it a day. "If the smog or homeless wont kill you, we'll do our best to!" (signed the Chargers/Rams owners).

Thankfully Lockett/Metcalf/Smith got out there with any major injury and Walker should be okay after a few weeks. Sucks we had to play in that shitter twice this year.
I thought it was grass. Field turf TM should be standard in every NFL stadium

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walker is on my fantasy team. Please be okay! I read that Carroll said he jammed his ankle. I'm aware of jamming fingers, but I never heard of a jammed ankle before.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was grass. Field turf TM should be standard in every NFL stadium

I 100% agreed it needs better regulation... and then you've just got absolute shit fields like in Washington/Pittsburgh/Chicago with natural grass. In most cases natural grass seems worse than artificial, but it's clear to me LA took their natural shortcut of installing an absolute shit artificial grass instead of doing it right...

It's really frustrating though when you know your team is going to a place with a shit field and then watch injuries pile up... OH but as long as it's not a head injury the NFL doesn't seem to give a flying fuck. Ugh.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him a week off, Carolina should be a gimme at home.
This won't be a gimme... Carolina has one of the better OL's in the NFL, which allows them to run the ball well... They also have a very good DL and defense... One of their players, Brian Burns wrecs havoc like Maxx Crosby and we know how bad we did against him... They're not chop liver... They did beat TB a few weeks ago...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't be a gimme... Carolina has one of the better OL's in the NFL, which allows them to run the ball well... They also have a very good DL and defense... One of their players, Brian Burns wrecs havoc like Maxx Crosby and we know how bad we did against him... They're not chop liver... They did beat TB a few weeks ago...
Panthers are not a gimme at least for the Seahawks for the reasons you gave. Personally I don't think any game is a gimme for the Seahawks. Would be great if they can win against the Panthers.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Walker a week off also but that depends on one thing. If Homer is back then 100% give him the week off. Homer/DJ are fine. Homer is under rated even though every time he is on the field he is making plays and no one gives him the credit he deserves. No he is not a starting RB but he is a threat when on the field.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His nickname now is K-9 and my boy don't take time off he is about that action. He will be ready to play this Sunday.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His nickname now is K-9 and my boy don't take time off he is about that action. He will be ready to play this Sunday.
I think we (the fans) are a bit gun-shy with all of the injuries to RBs in recent years. But the decision to play him or not will come from evaluation from the medical staff as the week progresses. He will be treated much the same as any other player in this instance.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we (the fans) are a bit gun-shy with all of the injuries to RBs in recent years. But the decision to play him or not will come from evaluation from the medical staff as the week progresses. He will be treated much the same as any other player in this instance.
Yeah, it's a unique injury that they're not use to seeing so their uncertain on how it will heal up on time for the game... It's a strain inside his ankle that is aggravated so it will be interesting to see how he heals up... The good thing is it's not a high ankle sprain...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a unique injury that they're not use to seeing so their uncertain on how it will heal up on time for the game... It's a strain inside his ankle that is aggravated so it will be interesting to see how he heals up... The good thing is it's not a high ankle sprain...
Yeah. It is apparently an "odd" injury so we have little basis for comparison when trying to make our armchair evaluations.

But if the medical staff deems him fit, he will be out there. We are fighting for a playoff spot and do not at this time have the luxury of resting contributing players.