• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Riggliano: Big, Big, Big Bat

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why this guy doesn't get more playing time? He hits lefties and righties equally well.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i better learn how to spell his name correctly

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he and Ackley will split duties in LF?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why this guy doesn't get more playing time? He hits lefties and righties equally well.

His power's a lot worse vs righties. Seems like he'd be a good platoon guy.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Entirely possible. Ruggiano aginst left handers and Ackley against right handers.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the "impact" bat everybody was talking about yesterday?

Denorfia 2.0?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denorfia 2.0?

I don't think so, Jack said he may have to get creative and a good possibility would be to add multiple outfielders. The price for Upton has to be going way down if SD lands Myers from Tampa. Not done yet, just another piece.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, Jack said he may have to get creative and a good possibility would be to add multiple outfielders. The price for Upton has to be going way down if SD lands Myers from Tampa. Not done yet, just another piece.

I hope you're right

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is the big move for an outfielder "somewhere in between harper and upton", then just lol at me for my misplaced optimism.

or maybe there's just nothing better available without giving up too much.

i'm still waiting for particulars on the deal jackz/nintendo offered cabrera. if he rejected an extra year for $10 million+ from the m's to sign with the white sox for the 3 years, then i'll give the front office the benefit of the doubt. if not, i have to think it's just another going through the motions thing where they throw some random 33 year-old turd out into the outfield who has played 1 complete season in his career, and see how bad it stinks.

very disappointing, because this means that at best, we'll be platooning mediocre turds where we most desperately need stability.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I re-read the tweet and I think it said 'he had a sense it was somewhere between Upton and Harper.' A sense, not even a word from a source. He was speculating as we all were. Damn those guys. I like Riggs as a platoon guy, but we got all worked up last night over not much. Maybe there is more coming. Maybe they are platooning Ackley and still want a big RF bat, but if it doesn't work then they platoon Jones. Basically we have two corner OF platoons with two of the players being sub-par at the moment.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denorfia 2.0?

That's pretty much what it is yeah. I figured the move would be someone we weren't linked to. That's almost always what happens.

But yeah expect a platoon situation now. Another guy in RF and this cat can rotate with him and Ackley.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how platooning Ackley really makes sense, that doesn't really help the outfield cause a platooning Ackley just leaves a platooning of just guys in RF. I'm not excited or disappointed about the move just doesn't really make sense if they are bringing someone into platoon with a guy who seems as emotionally damaged as Ackley. A platoon for Ackley basically spells the end of his Mariners career IMO.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the offseason I really wanted Ackley+Jones as reserves but I guess Ackley will still be a starter/platoon unless there are a few more moves.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect us to pick up a platoon guy to hit against right handers. Seth Smith and Garrrett Jones come immediately. Jones is available now that the Marlins have signed Mike Morse. I personally don't like the idea but I can see Jack going there.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the offseason I really wanted Ackley+Jones as reserves but I guess Ackley will still be a starter/platoon unless there are a few more moves.

I would love that too. The only move that makes sense for this scenario would be to get a big name for RF like Upton or Werth and let Ruggs platoon with Ackley, but that still means Ackley is mostly full time or if he falters then Ruggs is full time. Unfortunately, I don't think we are making a big move. If we are in it at the deadline, then maybe we get a power corner OFer, but that usually means rental and I don't care for that either. Ackley's days are numbered. They have been since signing Cano. 2B was his position of value and although he played nice defense his bat killed us. Jack is just squeezing the last remaining drips from a dried out lemon before tossing it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that too. The only move that makes sense for this scenario would be to get a big name for RF like Upton or Werth and let Ruggs platoon with Ackley, but that still means Ackley is mostly full time or if he falters then Ruggs is full time. Unfortunately, I don't think we are making a big move. If we are in it at the deadline, then maybe we get a power corner OFer, but that usually means rental and I don't care for that either. Ackley's days are numbered. They have been since signing Cano. 2B was his position of value and although he played nice defense his bat killed us. Jack is just squeezing the last remaining drips from a dried out lemon before tossing it.

my triage list for the offseason, in order, was:

1. all things outfield
2. dh
3. starting rotation depth
4. lefty middle/long relief

2+3 got dealt with to varying degrees, so that's good, but it just seems criminal to have this terrible outfield for the eleventieth consecutive year. Please Z-intendo, don't let this be our outfield.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we trade Saunders because they are tired of him being injured, but then trade for a guy who missed most of last year due to injuries? #Jackism.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we trade Saunders because they are tired of him being injured, but then trade for a guy who missed most of last year due to injuries? #Jackism.

The answer is in your question............

Year after year injuries popping up is different then one year.......