• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

just bought another mustang

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the new S550 mustangs when the first came out. I slowly got used to them. And them somehow I ended up at a dealer yesterday and drove one. Got back into my 2013 S197 GT Premium and left....then turned around and came back and bought a new S550 GT Premium with nav and all the other bells and whistles. 3.55 rear end because that is the perfect ratio for boost in mustangs IMO. Race red because that's the fastest color, plus my wife hates it.

Now I'm scrolling all the aftermarket mod sites and looking at go fast parts. And I just got my credit card balances paid down...:L But I learned to accept a long time ago that as a "car guy" two things that I will have to learn to live with is high credit card balances and negative equity trades. Id rather be in debt than be slow. lmao

The back side is still ugly and it's not loud. I got a cat back exhaust system and new wing ordered that should help with some of that...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Procharger, Paxton Vortech, Roush, Whipple, TVS, or good 'ol NO2...decisions, decisions...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics or it never happened.
FTtuR2CCC8CzfdbCo1zyRAoerhfg-xZkPYJKHh97AGvUoESa6hRvJIJM5Y-2le8Vh4NRy2e0fHjrm0wUruSvbfJGtQ-pAefTGeYS3QRC6TlICkxz5BcYX9NAZ4xuzWvk0MMEd1S1165T4L5HEftGJyRiwhohIyG9bitYxnO2D4I-Pv8MdV81SW0Eo9YyApoF4hkW6ool9_VtnmSK29DDSYiAmhZ8UqWNEOTiUcQt7xrzekSqjf1u25IK8jiLAKFIIejDfGDxvmG-sfb1yP2Y3pIWMp0jXbxA_e94MDX6RHfBE0Ir4tPFdsHsZwSG6lJowp-EKB4w9SgKyowrkXN5wD21KU1b7atUbJoZyKyro8XtniW06276IoAmFEqVYTVXqFQZcXXAspDVCIVM9uZ0ltmOVfApzdY_yfE_QZu4Hqux8M1Rjv2BrUGsm3VvKjEApuvN17yNEN6zcNz2ooMOISyW1mSa3ck6FzNsvyTF9K5vXqX1PA3CV2hbQwGoXnrs2MjJdL7MEhDVRUVt8lP9uqmXHI7lAtkiy5bwM-tER-Kz6Cd3bxUvGHw7xzvkB-YMmnvhQvmd1FfMveTuJ8Zl32jErsQWoSHvm7KdkNAqNf94aPtN=w466-h621-no

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the new Mustangs say 2015 to 2016. That rear end just bothers me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have gone down to the Chrysler dealer and bought an SRT Challenger instead.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the new Mustangs say 2015 to 2016. That rear end just bothers me.
That's what I thought. Still not a fan. After driving one around and then climbing back into my brick, (2013 GT Prem) I had to let my S-197 go. Ford did a lot on the inside and under the hood to make up for the back end.

Looking into a bigger wing and some carbon fiber to draw attention away from it. Not sure if I'll do Quads for the exhaust or just a cat back with single tips. I will not be installing long tube headers on this one. They are a big pain in the arse.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have gone down to the Chrysler dealer and bought an SRT Challenger instead.
Drove one. Over priced much like the GT350. The base challenger is too big of a step down from the SRT.
I also looked at a 370Z NISMO, SS Camaro, and a Corvette Stingray. Still came away with the S550 Mustang in spite of how well those cars were built.

Then again I've always been into slow mustangs

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drove one. Over priced much like the GT350. The base challenger is too big of a step down from the SRT.
I also looked at a 370Z NISMO, SS Camaro, and a Corvette Stingray. Still came away with the S550 Mustang in spite of how well those cars were built.

Then again I've always been into slow mustangs

I have a garage queen. It's not slow.

Black SVT crate motor swapped 2001 hard top. Used to be a V6 as that was my first car, but things escalated quickly.

4.6 DOHC aluminum block SVT Crate motor
Tremec T-56 6 speed

Suspension -

Maximum Motorsports sport kit
  • H&R Sport springs
  • MM Caster/Camber Plates
  • Koni STR.T struts
  • Koni STR.T shocks
  • Urethane spring isolators
  • MM Pinion Snubber (solid axle Mustangs)
  • MM Panhard Bar
  • MM Standard Subframe Connectors
  • MM Strut Tower Brace
  • MM 4-point K-member Brace
  • Urethane steering rack bushings
  • Front swaybar bushings
  • Front swaybar end links
    • MM Roll Bar, 6-point, swing-out door bar (the roll bar is an absolute bitch to get in and out. I wish I never installed it.)
Interior -
  • Sparco Street Fighter buckets
  • B&M Short Throw Shift Kit
  • Auto Meter Pillar Gauges, Auto Meter dash gauges - Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Air/Fuel, Boost (Kenny Bell blower sitting in a box)
  • Rear seat delete
  • Carbon Fiber Trim
  • SVT White Face Cluster coming soon
  • Billet Window/Lock buttons
  • JL Audio Amp and Subs built into rear seat delete.
Exterior -
  • Stock GT Rims on it with spacers in the back right now, but I have deep dish 20"x10" Bullitts for the back sitting around.
  • Roush Side Pipe skirts
  • Saleen Front Bumper
  • 03/04 Cobra Spoiler painted, but haven't put it on. Just a rear spoiler delete right now.
  • Stock hood. Had a Stalker hood, but it was poorly installed and flipped open and cracked my windshield at 50 MPH. The latch was fucked up on it. NOT my fault.
  • Blacked out taillights/Headlights
  • 5% tint
  • SVT and Cobra badges, SALEEN windshield decal. (I was younger when I put the decals on. Still look sharp though)
Engine/Exhaust -
  • K&N aluminum Intake +20bhp on the 4.6, I got maybe 3-5bhp out of it with the V6.
  • Roush side exhaust kit with SLP resonators. All custom, so it's not technically Roush, but it fits the side skirts.
This has been a 10 year project car. Has about 60,000 miles total but the Crate motor has 35,000 give or take.

Other cars, Nissan Frontier daily driver, Porsche Boxster S, short throw shifter, 911 turbo wheels. VW Bug custom paint job, all new interior, custom build motor/tranny/exhaust, suspension kit, low pro's. It's fun when I can get it to run. This is the third motor now.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh BAER drilled/slotted rotor & brake kit. I tried converting to a hydraulic stock GT setup but early on it was obvious that it was dangerous. Too much go, not enough slow.

I'll post pics sooner or later if y'all want.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a garage queen. It's not slow.

Black SVT crate motor swapped 2001 hard top. Used to be a V6 as that was my first car, but things escalated quickly.

4.6 DOHC aluminum block SVT Crate motor
Tremec T-56 6 speed

Suspension -

Maximum Motorsports sport kit
  • H&R Sport springs
  • MM Caster/Camber Plates
  • Koni STR.T struts
  • Koni STR.T shocks
  • Urethane spring isolators
  • MM Pinion Snubber (solid axle Mustangs)
  • MM Panhard Bar
  • MM Standard Subframe Connectors
  • MM Strut Tower Brace
  • MM 4-point K-member Brace
  • Urethane steering rack bushings
  • Front swaybar bushings
  • Front swaybar end links
    • MM Roll Bar, 6-point, swing-out door bar (the roll bar is an absolute bitch to get in and out. I wish I never installed it.)
Interior -
  • Sparco Street Fighter buckets
  • B&M Short Throw Shift Kit
  • Auto Meter Pillar Gauges, Auto Meter dash gauges - Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Air/Fuel, Boost (Kenny Bell blower sitting in a box)
  • Rear seat delete
  • Carbon Fiber Trim
  • SVT White Face Cluster coming soon
  • Billet Window/Lock buttons
  • JL Audio Amp and Subs built into rear seat delete.
Exterior -
  • Stock GT Rims on it with spacers in the back right now, but I have deep dish 20"x10" Bullitts for the back sitting around.
  • Roush Side Pipe skirts
  • Saleen Front Bumper
  • 03/04 Cobra Spoiler painted, but haven't put it on. Just a rear spoiler delete right now.
  • Stock hood. Had a Stalker hood, but it was poorly installed and flipped open and cracked my windshield at 50 MPH. The latch was fucked up on it. NOT my fault.
  • Blacked out taillights/Headlights
  • 5% tint
  • SVT and Cobra badges, SALEEN windshield decal. (I was younger when I put the decals on. Still look sharp though)
Engine/Exhaust -
  • K&N aluminum Intake +20bhp on the 4.6, I got maybe 3-5bhp out of it with the V6.
  • Roush side exhaust kit with SLP resonators. All custom, so it's not technically Roush, but it fits the side skirts.
This has been a 10 year project car. Has about 60,000 miles total but the Crate motor has 35,000 give or take.

Other cars, Nissan Frontier daily driver, Porsche Boxster S, short throw shifter, 911 turbo wheels. VW Bug custom paint job, all new interior, custom build motor/tranny/exhaust, suspension kit, low pro's. It's fun when I can get it to run. This is the third motor now.
I've got plans for this one. It's a garage queen also. Right now it rarely gets driven because of the weather. I have a beater (Fusion) that gets all the miles. My initial wave of mods will be strictly looks then I'll begin adding more power.
Current Build List:
Carbon Fiber Trim
Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap
GT350 Wing
Powder Coat The Brembos and rear calipers
Bear Drilled/slotted rotors
Forgestar CF-5 wheels 20x11 rear 19x9 Front (Piano Black)
Billestein Adjustible Shocks and Struts
Eiback Sportline Springs
Magnaflow quad tip Cat Back
Rough Rear Valence
Kooks Longtube headers (maybe not because pain in the ass)
Leaning towards Roush Stage 3 Superchsrger
MGW Shifter although this one might not need it. I got on it pretty hard during the break in and didn't get locked out of third like my previous stang with the MT82. Maybe Ford fixed it.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to do a baseline dyno before adding go-fast parts in March. But I have to do looks first. The S550 is ugly in the back. And even though the wheel gap isn't as bad as the S197 was they are still unsightly so I need to lower it at least an inch. Going to buy the 20's first and see how well they fill in.

Kept my last one NA. Definitely going to boost this one. Saving money right now because the blowers these days are like buying another car.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my fifth mustang and things do escalate pretty quick. I've wasted a lot of money over the years. My wife used to roll her eyes every time the ups man showed up - now she's used to it. It's my money. I'll run my credit cards up and then spend two years paying them off and by that time it's time for a new project.
Buy a mustang.
Buy a bunch of mods
Sell the mods for pennies on the dollar
Trade for a new mustang.
Rinse
Repeat

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a suggestion............

If you own a house, refinance it with the a local credit union. Add $20K or $25K to the loan and do everything you ever dreamed of doing to the 'tang. You'll also have 30 years to pay off the loan at about $80 a month for the car. Screw the 10%+ on the plastic. I have a friend who does this about every 5 years and his mortgage hardly changes. His wife never bitches about it because their credit rating is 804.

Just something to consider.......oh yeah, your mortgage will be about 3.25% unless you finance shorter.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. ^ I've considered that.

I have two dedicated secured credit cards that I use for car parts. No interest just an annual fee. I put a cash deposit on them years ago when I was rebuilding credit. Kept adding cash to them over the years so that the balances are high enough for what I need. So in a way, I'm borrowing money from myself.

Considering taking a loan out on my 401K to purchase the blower. I wouldn't miss 80 bucks a paycheck for a couple of years.