• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: July 6-8 @ home vs. Detroit

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Trumbo couldn't at least hit the ball. Sucks to have tying run aboard and the guy strikes out to end the game. Get it's against a closer...

Course that's what Trumbo is. A SO/HR hitter lol. We can't even trade for the right players. Team needs guys with some OBPs, not HR/SO guys.

Also, looked it up today. Zunino among players with 150+ plate appearances has the worst average in the MLB. Also #6 in total strikeouts. Yikes!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, when I go dark or negative, I'm usually also trying for a laugh.

Not always successful, I know, but it's just what you get with me. Sorry.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how bad the this team is... They have the 2nd worst record in the AL... They are 1 game away from having the worst record in the AL...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he can keep it up. Even if he doesn't quite keep up that kind of pace, I'll be happy.

Last year, he chose not to go for power after the first few weeks because he wasn't going to get anything good to hit. After that, he did very well. It's just a shame that he's having what I believe to be psychological issues with the passing of his grandpa, and now the stomach ailment if it's legit. Terrible timing.

The team is horrible, so I'm thinking more about next year already. I still think he and cruz will do well for the next couple of years.

Yeah, he isn'tt going to hit 28 homeruns. That's would he would end up wiith if he maintains the pace he has over the last 15 games. But I'd be happy with 17-18. And at this point, I think 70 RBI would be a victory.

Hopefully this is psychological/mental, as you suggest. Or physical, as others have suggested. I don't want to believe that he is in career decline - not when they still owe him $203 million.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he isn'tt going to hit 28 homeruns. That's would he would end up wiith if he maintains the pace he has over the last 15 games. But I'd be happy with 17-18. And at this point, I think 70 RBI would be a victory.

Hopefully this is psychological/mental, as you suggest. Or physical, as others have suggested. I don't want to believe that he is in career decline - not when they still owe him $203 million.

I'm not sure if I believe this shit about the stomach problems, but if it is, it would make sense.

I believe it was Cezero commented that he showed up this year 15lbs lighter than he normally is, which would make sense if he says it's a struggle for him to even eat one meal a day. When you're a conditioned athlete and you don't get your normal protein requirements in, that's going to lead to a serious amount of muscle decline.

That being said, I also think the issue is mental as well. I think that when he wasn't doing so hot, he started swinging at more pitches he shouldn't have (explaining the high K rate), and was also getting frustrated because he has hit the cover off of a lot of balls, but they ended up being outs.

Is this a sign of things to come? I don't think so. He has had amount of bad luck - I calculated that if his BABIP was around his career norm, he'd be hitting .50 points higher than he's currently at. He has been frustrated because of that, leading to the higher K rate, and his struggles could be exacerbated by the fact that his strength/energy is not what it has been throughout the rest of his career.

All that being said, I'm not sure where he finishes this year. But, I would be stunned if he doesn't rebound next year and hit like he did last year. I expect that once he gets healthy, he will get back up to full strength and an offseason of putting this season past him could give him a fresh start next year.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bad matchup for Happ so I'm not surprised here

Just another day of one step forward and two steps back with this team
In the case of J. A. CRAPP, it's always too many steps back.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I believe this shit about the stomach problems, but if it is, it would make sense.

I believe it was Cezero commented that he showed up this year 15lbs lighter than he normally is, which would make sense if he says it's a struggle for him to even eat one meal a day. When you're a conditioned athlete and you don't get your normal protein requirements in, that's going to lead to a serious amount of muscle decline.

I don't buy it because I've had similar issues and I am just some dude who wasn't allowed to work. He would've been taken the hospital which would've been reported and missed time until they were for sure what it was and not risk their $250 million investment becoming a wasted investment like Guti's contract was.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that watching these games would result in US having the stomach problems.