• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julius Peppers is named NFC Defensive player of the week

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person in NFL History to have 10 interceptions and at least 100 sacks was now named NFC Defensive player of the week. I guess that us Packer fans dont have to worry about the thought that he has slowed down. It seems he has some miles left in him.

His current stats are better than what Matthews has done so far and I have sen different things online saying he is playing at a level where if h continues could be considered All Pro.

Julius Peppers named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Julius Peppers named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Interception returned for touchdown produced historic milestone

Packers LB Julius Peppers has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance last Thursday vs. Minnesota at Lambeau Field.

Peppers scored his first touchdown in five years when he intercepted a Christian Ponder pass in the second quarter and returned it 49 yards for the TD. The last time Peppers scored came on a 13-yard INT return vs. Arizona in 2009 while playing for Carolina.

The interception was the 10th of Peppers' career and made him the first player in NFL history to record 100 sacks and 10 interceptions in a career.

Peppers also was credited with a half-sack in the game, sharing a sack with LB A.J. Hawk. He now has 1 1/2 sacks on the season.

This is Peppers' sixth career player of the week award, having previously won three times with Carolina and twice with Chicago. He joins Hall of Famer Chris Doleman (Minnesota, Atlanta, San Francisco) as the only two players to be named NFC Defensive Player of the Week with three different teams.

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is good....but overpaid for the production, and amount of time he missed due to being injury prone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Peppers

College Football Awards and honors

Sporting News Freshman All-American (1999)
First-team All-ACC (2000)
Second-team Associated Press All-American (2000)
Second-team Football News All-American (2000)
Division I-A sacks leader (2000)
First-team All-ACC (2001)
Consensus first-team All-American (2001)
Bronko Nagurski Trophy finalist (2001)
Chuck Bednarik Award (2001)
Bill Willis Trophy (2001)
Lombardi Award (2001)

NFL awards and honors

NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2002)
2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
2013 Brian Piccolo Award
NFL 2000s All Decade Team
Pro-Football-Reference All 2000s Team
100 Sacks Club
2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 NFC Pro Bowl
2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
2008, 2009, 2012 All-Pro Second Team
Six time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10, 12/23/12, 10/2/2014)
Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011)

Panthers franchise records

Most career sacks: (81)
Most career forced fumbles: (30)
Longest Interception return: 97 yards (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)

NFL records and accomplishments

Seventeenth most sacks in NFL history: 120
Tied for fifth most double digit sack seasons in NFL history: 8
Tied for fifth most games with at least three sacks: 9
Fourteenth most multiple sack games in NFL history: 30
Tied for ninth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 40
Second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 9 *10 career interceptions including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 192 yds *241 career interception return yards including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
Tied for second most interceptions returned for a touchdown by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 2 *3 career interceptions returned for a touchdown including time played as a linebacker
Third most passes defensed by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 62 *65 career passes defensed including time played as a linebacker
Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 13
Only player in NFL history to record at least 100 sacks and 10 interceptions
Peppers has three career games with at least a half-sack and an interception-return touchdown, the most such games in the NFL since the sack became an official statistic in 1982.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Peppers on getting that award against a Christian Ponder led, Adrian Peterson-less Vikings squad.

Seriously though, not really trolling. Peppers has always been a beast, and I wasn't happy to hear that Chicago losing him wound up with him heading to Green Bay - was really hoping he'd leave the division. At this point, it's pretty clear that the Packers are in a whole different class than the Vikings and the only hope MN has of that changing is for Bridgewater to stay healthy and continue what has been promising progressions thus far. I don't know if I can handle watching Ponder trot out as our starter, especially against the Packers, ever again ha.

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always like Julius Peppers even when he played for Chicago. Was always a fan of him and it's unreal he's apart of the packers now. Crazy.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson won't be back this year. I just read that he admitted to smoking pot before a recent drug test on top his other legal issues

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always like Julius Peppers even when he played for Chicago. Was always a fan of him and it's unreal he's apart of the packers now. Crazy.

ditto

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see him playing well. Because of money(18 mil) we had no choice but to let him go. I never thought of him as a Bear tho, just a FA.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say Peppers 3 times, PredatorPeppers will appear, like Beetlejuice.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Peppers looks like shit to me this year.

I am not trying to be a Bears fan douchebag, anyone watching the Bears forum knows I have thrown in towel on Cutler this year, but for God's sakes. Can't you guys analyze football at all? I only came on here because I was so disgusted at my own team's fan base and I see this stupid lauding of Peppers.

He looks like fucking shit. Every team in the league...in case you somehow didn't notice...is running right at him and making him the point of attack most of the time. The interception? He was in the right place at the right time....my grandmother could have done that. I'm not even kidding. There was exactly one sack he made that wasn't scheme oriented where I said to myself "that was a great play." One. Tne defensive player of the week? That has always been a partly political award, and if the league finds a stat excuse like an easy INT to justify making them cleanly slapping a long timer on the back, then fine, whatever. But best defensive player of the week? He wasn't in the Top fucking fifty.

But go ahead, scream at me, I don't care, I don't see how any jackass comes away with "Peppers is playing great" considering how he is actually playing. Why else do you think coordinators are game planning right at him? Cause he's awesome? The DPOY?

Jesus fucking christ people are ignorant about football.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, he sucks ass. i'm still happy with the direction the Packers are heading in. Anyway, he plays less than half the snaps and is doing pretty much exactly what they want him to do. I think our defense is better with him, than without. He's been around a long time, I don't expect him to be an every down freak. But if you're going to deny that he hasn't had a big impact on this defense, well I question your ability to analyze football.

I think you're just here because you signed Jared Allen to replace Peppers and you're figuring out you not only are hanging onto the short end, but you took the long end in the backside too.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not trying to be a Bears fan douchebag, anyone watching the Bears forum knows I have thrown in towel on Cutler this year, but for God's sakes. Can't you guys analyze football at all? I only came on here because I was so disgusted at my own team's fan base and I see this stupid lauding of Peppers.

He looks like fucking shit. Every team in the league...in case you somehow didn't notice...is running right at him and making him the point of attack most of the time. The interception? He was in the right place at the right time....my grandmother could have done that. I'm not even kidding. There was exactly one sack he made that wasn't scheme oriented where I said to myself "that was a great play." One. Tne defensive player of the week? That has always been a partly political award, and if the league finds a stat excuse like an easy INT to justify making them cleanly slapping a long timer on the back, then fine, whatever. But best defensive player of the week? He wasn't in the Top fucking fifty.

But go ahead, scream at me, I don't care, I don't see how any jackass comes away with "Peppers is playing great" considering how he is actually playing. Why else do you think coordinators are game planning right at him? Cause he's awesome? The DPOY?

I enjoy visiting Bears forum because you are typically very level headed poster and your posts regarding Bears is typically very objective.

You may be basing your post off a few games watched... or only watching the Packers porous rush defense.

I will agree Peppers did not deserve NFC defensive player of game for the Vikings game... he had the interception, but fairly quiet most of the rest of the game. I also agree Peppers has not been the best vs the run either... but the Packers went out and got him for his pass rush and he has done very well in that regard.

Packers are limiting his reps and he still has 4 sacks/5 QB hits/13 pressures... PFF has him rated as # 17 overall for 3-4 OLB´s on the strength of his pass rush (because his run defense is negative).

This is the best the Packers pass rush has looked in eons and I think that is in large part to Clay having help from Peppers and Perry being healthy thanks to splitting reps with Peppers.

Personally I think the Peppers signing is working out well for Packers.

Packers rush defense is story of its own... but Clay has worse rush defense numbers than Peppers... and Miami was running up the middle or at Clay all day. If Packers had stronger interior vs run, I think it would help both Clay and Peppers. Guion is coming on... maybe Pennel will help as well as he gets more playing time.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm....who's lauding Peppers? I think everything in this thread has been pretty objective...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he enjoyed that Cutler sack and fumble recovery last night

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lambeau I bet he enjoyed every second of that game on Sunday not just the sack. The Bears looked like a pee wee team out there.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow another pick 6 he was a nice add to the team

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surely helped win the game having Peppers on the Packer team yesterday. If he missed Murray on that fumble he created there was an open field to the goal line in front of him.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It surely helped win the game having Peppers on the Packer team yesterday. If he missed Murray on that fumble he created there was an open field to the goal line in front of him.

Play of the game

Safe to say Peppers was good signing in FA for Packers. And at no expense to Comp Picks for next years draft... another win.