• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JuJu Smith Schuster

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu will be fine. I'm expecting similar numbers, if not better. I think the offense will put up more points this year, which could translate into success for Vance McDonald, but it won't eat into Juju's share.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF course he is a regression candidate... he had a good season as a rookie... The whole sophomore slump is another trend experts use to predict things... But lets face it, there is only a handful of them that can actually slump....

But there really is no reason to predict it though... He is the clear number 2 receiver, Bell had 400 + touches last year, so there can not be the fear of the Steelers to RUN MORE...

And even though Brown got hurt last season, Juju was not the number 2 immediately.... so there is no reason to expect less than 100 targets this season.... and with that he is a pretty decent fantasy WR...

sure, he is overdrafted... but i am not too worried about that mofo...

Steelers WR history hardly has a sophomore slump. There was not one with Wallace when Ward was starting. There was one with Brown, but that's because Mike Wallace was holding out until about two weeks before the season started and screwed everything up(I drafted Brown and had a miserable season), and there was not one with Bryant.

What is interesting is Brown is having the longest run. Ward took over for Burress and lasted as the number one for four seasons. Then, Wallace took over and lasted for two seasons not back to back. Brown has lasted as the number one for five seasons now. He is 30 though. Is Juju the next the number one?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take out the Detroit and Cleveland games last year.

42 receptions 581 yards 5 TDs.

Not a guy I'm targeting as a #2 guy in fantasy. But I'll take him as a third option. Doubt he's there waiting for me at that point.

That's because he missed a game, and Bryant wormed his way back in.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Brown and Bell still in PIT this season, you're going to have some valleys.
very few teams are capable of producing 3 non-QBs as consistent fantasy producers.
And very few teams pass to their RB as much as PIT does with Bell.

love him in best ball format more than redraft this year, but he should still finish in that WR20-30 range and have plenty of useful weeks, but no, I don't see him finishing as a low end WR1/high end WR2 this season.

next year, very real possibility, pending Bell and Brown's whereabouts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest anti- Schuster argument I can see is Big Ben... Just like Drew Brees, the past few seasons he has been a terrible AWAY QB... so, if this trend remains, then that is 8 games(haven't looked at their schedule to see playoff scenarios), of not being a good QB... which of course means that Schuster's targets would decline, and therefore his catches...

But if we can predict WHEN a player is going to have bad games, then that is even MORE of a reason to draft him IMO...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest anti- Schuster argument I can see is Big Ben... Just like Drew Brees, the past few seasons he has been a terrible AWAY QB... so, if this trend remains, then that is 8 games(haven't looked at their schedule to see playoff scenarios), of not being a good QB... which of course means that Schuster's targets would decline, and therefore his catches...

But if we can predict WHEN a player is going to have bad games, then that is even MORE of a reason to draft him IMO...

Steelers went 7-1 on the road last year, Ben attempted less passes, less completions, less INT and less sacks taken all on the road last year

JuJu had slightly better road stats than home stats last year

not sure you want to put much stock into the 'BigBen is bad on the road' narrative any more

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers went 7-1 on the road last year, Ben attempted less passes, less completions, less INT and less sacks taken all on the road last year

JuJu had slightly better road stats than home stats last year

not sure you want to put much stock into the 'BigBen is bad on the road' narrative any more

Yea, was just looking for a way to be able to predict a players bad games... I know it is hard, if even possible... BUT if you are able to predict it, then there is no reason to not pick the player... Predicting bad games makes a player even MORE valuable...