• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Mitchell Calling Teammates Out

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling out your peers is part of the game and needs to be done. So Josh Mitchell I give that young man props. Wistrom and Peter ruled with an Iron Fist and showed it through there work ethic. If I was Coach Pelini and had video tape of the Husker's practices in 94,95,96,97 I would show these kids these tapes and say here's what it takes and if you are not giving this type of effort all day, every day, every hour, every minute, and every second then you are not living up to the standards here at Nebraska. Ask yourself can you live with yourself when you are letting your teammates down when you don't give 100%.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20urifc.gif

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ That's what the kids say they'd do for Bo. Sub brick walls for dry wall.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ That's what the kids say they'd do for Bo. Sub brick walls for dry wall.

They may say that but they don't show it in big games or when it matters.

When they said it for Tom they meant it, they showed it. Those players would have ran through a steel or cement for Tom .

Saying that phrase is the easy part showing it on a regular basis is the key. There are only maybe a true handful on this team that would truly run through a wall for bo.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still say that?

I know they used to, but I haven't heard that in a long time.

As was alluded to 'actions speak louder than words'

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that gif is stupid. a 10 year old probably could run through drywall. That guy probably could have done it out of 3 point stance standing 2 feet away, he didn't need the 30 foot run.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tis true.........I actually stumbled and walked/fell through dry wall once while drunk.

The shit is like cardboard. However, if that guy would have hit one of them studs..........yooooooouch!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, do some of y'all even read?

Nebraska no longer retires numbers.
Nebraska only retires jerseys.

You must win a major award to get your jersey retired. You do not get your jersey retired for winning a national championship.

Martinez will NOT qualify for jersey retirement for winning a national championship. He must win a major award to get his jersey retired.

Frazier's jersey is retired because he won the 1995 Johnny Unitas Award. Not because he won a national championship.

Wistrom's number is retired because he won the 1997 Lombardi Award. Not because he won a national championship.

Crouch's jersey is retired because he won the 2001 Heisman Trophy and Walter Camp Award.

Frost's won a national title but his number is not retired. His number is not retired because he didn't win a major award.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, do some of y'all even read?

Nebraska no longer retires numbers.
Nebraska only retires jerseys.

You must win a major award to get your jersey retired. You do not get your jersey retired for winning a national championship.

Martinez will NOT qualify for jersey retirement for winning a national championship. He must win a major award to get his jersey retired.

Frazier's jersey is retired because he won the 1995 Johnny Unitas Award. Not because he won a national championship.

Wistrom's number is retired because he won the 1997 Lombardi Award. Not because he won a national championship.

Crouch's jersey is retired because he won the 2001 Heisman Trophy and Walter Camp Award.

Frost's won a national title but his number is not retired. His number is not retired because he didn't win a major award.

question, can those requirements not be change? Or are they set in stone, as in the Nebraska Cornhusker constitution for jersey and number retirement?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure got quiet in here. Must have been the stupid question.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is telling it like it is a douchey response?

The criteria is clear as day on huskers.com. tOfficial website of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers.

They no longer retire numbers because they'd eventually limit number availability too much.
They now retire jerseys for those who've won a major national award.

Even though he won a national title, Scott Frost's jersey is not retired because he doesn't meet the criteria. The reason is that a national title is not a major national award. It is a TEAM award.

To add winning a national title into the criteria would require retiring every individual's jersey who contributed to the national title all the way down to the scout team.
So 100 jerseys from the 1970 team, 100 from 71, 100 from 94, 95, 97. That's a lot of wall space and a 10 page PDF file with the result being the dilution of those that won individual major national awards.

Could the criteria eventually change? Anything can change so it's a stupid fucking question meant to nitpick the current rule with the intent of being an asshat much like yourself now that you've become an all knowing high school grad.

amirite?

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't think it's a stupid question really. You were stating it like it's set in stone and it's never going to change. Ever. He simply pointed out that it could change.

So relax a little

And I'm not acting like an all knowing high school grad. I just don't like you :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my world is shattered. An 18 y/o high school grad doesn't like me. LMAO
Is it because I've generally ignored you over the last few years knowing you were underage posting here? I wasn't giving you drama attention that others were? I felt it was in my best interest not to post to a known 15, 16, 17 y/o who's mommy or daddy may get involved and hold the website and it's members accountable for exposing you to something inappropriate for your age, even though you were knowingly breaking the rules.

Some day your nuts will drop chucky and you'll become self sufficient in this world without mommy and daddy paying your bills. Getting money in birthday cards will become a thing of the past. Then again maybe it won't.
Not my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is telling it like it is a douchey response?

The criteria is clear as day on huskers.com. tOfficial website of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers.

They no longer retire numbers because they'd eventually limit number availability too much.
They now retire jerseys for those who've won a major national award.

Even though he won a national title, Scott Frost's jersey is not retired because he doesn't meet the criteria. The reason is that a national title is not a major national award. It is a TEAM award.

To add winning a national title into the criteria would require retiring every individual's jersey who contributed to the national title all the way down to the scout team.
So 100 jerseys from the 1970 team, 100 from 71, 100 from 94, 95, 97. That's a lot of wall space and a 10 page PDF file with the result being the dilution of those that won individual major national awards.

Could the criteria eventually change? Anything can change so it's a stupid fucking question meant to nitpick the current rule with the intent of being an asshat much like yourself now that you've become an all knowing high school grad.

amirite?

well, I believe that if they take their case to the supreme court, set up a referendum and talk to Obama, they might change the rules. I mean, all Taylor has done is have the most yards for any Husker ever. He will be a four year starter at QB. By the way, I saw that you wrote a whole bunch of crap. Sorry, didn't waste a second reading your vomit. You should just put it in a bottle and put it back in your body, through the ass, or as you like to call it, your normal Saturday night.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my world is shattered. An 18 y/o high school grad doesn't like me. LMAO
Is it because I've generally ignored you over the last few years knowing you were underage posting here? I wasn't giving you drama attention that others were? I felt it was in my best interest not to post to a known 15, 16, 17 y/o who's mommy or daddy may get involved and hold the website and it's members accountable for exposing you to something inappropriate for your age, even though you were knowingly were breaking the rules.

Some day your nuts will drop chucky and you'll become self sufficient in this world without mommy and daddy paying your bills. Getting money I/ birthday cards will become a thing of the past. Then again maybe it won't.
Not my problem.

Not at all that you ignored me. In fact, I'm fine with that. And I might be wrong here but I don't think I've commanded dramatic attention, just my opinion though.

No I don't like you because I've found you to be over-reactive, douchey, and just a straight up dick, like this thread has shown.