• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Doctson A Massive Bust

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Doctson's hammy giving him trouble again
11289.jpg

Josh Doctson (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Coach Jay Gruden said Doctson was experience "tightness" Wednesday. It's the same issue that troubled Doctson in the preseason, though it's unclear if it's the same leg. Doctson being unable to get to or stay at 100 percent has become a far too common occurrence. He ran as the No. 4 receiver in the Week 1 loss and isn't going to pass Ryan Grant if he can't even practice.
Source: Liz Clarke on Twitter
Sep 13 - 3:06 PM

This team needs a major overhaul

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11289.jpg

Coach Jay Gruden said Doctson was experience "tightness" Wednesday. It's the same issue that troubled Doctson in the preseason, though it's unclear if it's the same leg. Doctson being unable to get to or stay at 100 percent has become a far too common occurrence. He ran as the No. 4 receiver in the Week 1 loss and isn't going to pass Ryan Grant if he can't even practice.

That's not true.......all this team needs is:

1. A rebuilt offensive line
2. Possibly a QB
3. Another WR or two
4. Possibly a new TE (depending on health)
5. A starting caliber RB
6. Two new stud defensive linemen
7. two new linebackers
8. more help at safety

See....it's not that much:D:lol::nod:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true.......all this team needs is:

1. A rebuilt offensive line
2. Possibly a QB
3. Another WR or two
4. Possibly a new TE (depending on health)
5. A starting caliber RB
6. Two new stud defensive linemen
7. two new linebackers
8. more help at safety

See....it's not that much:D:lol::nod:

They don't need any more LBs - they have plenty & they played well on Sun & should continue to shine barring major injuries. WR & D line are TBD - depends on what happens for the remainder of the season. Ditto for safety & as much as people like to already write him off we don't know about Cravens & they did draft a very promising safety this year. Agree about RB but you can quite often pick them up with later picks & we also still don't know if Perine can contribute to the offense (not perhaps as an everydown back but as a complimentary one).

We will see about QB & TE. The O line is likely not as bad as we saw on Sun. We will see if these guys redeem themselves - they have real talent in that area - just need to ensure that they play that way. All of is way too premature. You can't base everything off one game. If they play bad for the next month & beyond - sure - rebuild away, but there is a lot of football to be played between now and then.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11289.jpg

So if they go into full blown rebuild mode & say have a losing record for the next 2-3 seasons are you going to be cool with that, or are you going to bitch about it on an everyday basis just like you do on this forum at the current time?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need any more LBs - they have plenty & they played well on Sun & should continue to shine barring major injuries. WR & D line are TBD - depends on what happens for the remainder of the season. Ditto for safety & as much as people like to already write him off we don't know about Cravens & they did draft a very promising safety this year. Agree about RB but you can quite often pick them up with later picks & we also still don't know if Perine can contribute to the offense (not perhaps as an everydown back but as a complimentary one).

We will see about QB & TE. The O line is likely not as bad as we saw on Sun. We will see if these guys redeem themselves - they have real talent in that area - just need to ensure that they play that way. All of is way too premature. You can't base everything off one game. If they play bad for the next month & beyond - sure - rebuild away, but there is a lot of football to be played between now and then.
I think Sty was posting tongue in cheek...sorta.

Here is what I don't get about the Oline. These guys have been playing together for the most part a year or two now. With the same coach and the same scheme. The looked bad in preseason and that continued into the first game. Gelling is not an excuse. So what the hell is the problem? The were never a great run blocking line, but they could pass protect. They can't even do that to date. Scherff has looked terrible and he may be the best of the bunch. Moses.....OMG. Its like he is playing on roller-skates. Long has played OK. Lavaou? He is who he is. An aging backup that starts for us. Williams hasn't fared much better. He looks slow, tired, and old.

Maybe its time we move Williams inside to G and see what Nsekhe can do. It can't be worse.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Doctson goes, its another head scratcher. Is the guy a prima donna that won't play through discomfort? Or is he just in a string of bad luck with nagging injuries? Is it psychosomatic? Is he Malcolm Kelly V2.0?

what ever it is, we can't afford to overreact as frustrating and disappointing as it is. They guy has talent and we really need his play. There is no value in doing something rash until we understand more about this guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember a certain skins fan arguin with me on how he was gonna be an all. pro? any guesses

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is what I don't get about the Oline. These guys have been playing together for the most part a year or two now. With the same coach and the same scheme. The looked bad in preseason and that continued into the first game. Gelling is not an excuse. So what the hell is the problem? The were never a great run blocking line, but they could pass protect. They can't even do that to date. Scherff has looked terrible and he may be the best of the bunch. Moses.....OMG. Its like he is playing on roller-skates. Long has played OK. Lavaou? He is who he is. An aging backup that starts for us. Williams hasn't fared much better. He looks slow, tired, and old.

Maybe its time we move Williams inside to G and see what Nsekhe can do. It can't be worse.

Yep...I was just having a bit of fun with the previous poster. Unfortunately, in jest there is often found some truth.

BTW: In a real time, 16 game season that's already underway, "TBD," "we'll see," "Depends," "still don't know." "just need to, (used as an adjunct)" and "If." are all terms that indicate a state of disrepair.

Finally, let me address this notion about things being based upon "one game" and "way too early." Both of these would be true were it not for the fact that it hasn't been one game. I'll not mention prior years, but remind that the biggest indicator THIS year has been that there is NO discernable difference in "live" play than there was during the preseason. Dismiss the preseason for as much as it pleases, just as long as there is the realization that this "one game" is an very close duplicate of the previous 4 meaningless ones.

Might I suggest that, playing a 5th preseason game is "way too late" to make the adjustments that have plagued this team, especially on the offensive side of the ball, in time to do anything other than play catch up in a 16 game season. How many more games can this team afford to lean on "it's way to early" or "it's just one (more) game." before it finds itself eliminated from serious contention for anything?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the argument against guaranteed contracts.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Doctson goes, its another head scratcher. Is the guy a prima donna that won't play through discomfort? Or is he just in a string of bad luck with nagging injuries? Is it psychosomatic? Is he Malcolm Kelly V2.0?

what ever it is, we can't afford to overreact as frustrating and disappointing as it is. They guy has talent and we really need his play. There is no value in doing something rash until we understand more about this guy.
This is exactly the approach that should be taken towards Doctson. This guy will be a star in this league once he get healthy. The frustration setting in is because everyone in the building realizes this.

HTTR!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got to be aware of this whether he hears it in whispered conversations or is being told outright. He's got to be trying everything in his power to get beyond his health issues. If he can't then YOU have rightfully, labeled him MKD and he deserves that label.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the hammy on the same leg he hurt last year?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what i mean about stagement so we draft a badass Lt in williams since then how many Lt have we drafted what would have happen if we drafted a Lt or 2 since the williams pick one of them becames better

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i mean about stagement so we draft a badass Lt in williams since then how many Lt have we drafted what would have happen if we drafted a Lt or 2 since the williams pick one of them becames better
We've drafted at least 2 since Williams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy frustrates the living crap outta me. I really hope they are just playing it safe with his hammy, but if it's hurt enough to not practice full, then why do limited work? rest get completely healthy and then come in here and start jumping out of the stadium and catching everything.