• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Doctson A Massive Bust

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy frustrates the living crap outta me. I really hope they are just playing it safe with his hammy, but if it's hurt enough to not practice full, then why do limited work? rest get completely healthy and then come in here and start jumping out of the stadium and catching everything.

hopefully by the bye week he can be useful . its sad ryan grant cant be beat out by him

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy frustrates the living crap outta me. I really hope they are just playing it safe with his hammy, but if it's hurt enough to not practice full, then why do limited work? rest get completely healthy and then come in here and start jumping out of the stadium and catching everything.

Not sure I'd blame the guy (Doctson) for this. Remember last year when the Skins claimed they wouldn't rush Doctson into the line-up. And despite needing an influx of talent at every level of interior defense, NG, ILB, both safety positions. As well as upgrades at RB and DE while WR was the strongest unit of the team last year. Doctson could've been viewed as a luxury pick for a team in dire need of numerous essentials. Not so say the Redskins who no doubt trotted out the ol' "BPA" bullshit as well making a plausible case. That with both starting WRs due to hit FA in 17 and very likely both looking for big contracts. The Skins were simply being proactive.

So what happens? Doctson tweaks his achilles in TC, but instead of bringing him along slowly as promised. Which in this case as he's hurt at the time, should've meant not practicing/playing him at all. He plays in the season's first 2 games and somehow a nagging injury becomes a season ending injury. As he sees no more game action after week 2 and what every Skins fan already knows becomes official when Doctson is placed on injured reserve sometime in mid/late Oct. Had the Skins been true to their word of bringing him along slowly. Maybe a 100% healthy Doctson is returning to the Skins red to play ball in mid/late Oct instead of having his rookie year officially ended.

That was last year. So what benefits have the Skins received from their supposed clever drafting of Doctson, who don't forget was a contingency, looking down the road pick along with being BPA at the time according to the Skins.

Present day. Both starting WRs from last year are gone via FA and while its possible. I never got the impression the Skins tried to seriously retain either Djax or PG. Remember not too long ago when the talk on the board was who should we keep. PG or DJax? How many answered, 'We need to get rid of both.'

And from the "Doctson has got to earn his reps." tough talk from Gruden. It seems the honeymoon with Doctson is over. Due in large part I'd imagine to Doctson being hurt again this year. Wonder if Gruden accepts any responsibility at all for Doctson's rash of injuries? And it makes me wonder about someone else as well. Brandon Schreff.. I only bring up BS because I recall the articles and talk of his struggles playing OT, which is the position the Skins originally drafted him for. So what did the Skins do? They smartly moved him back to OG. I don't recall any Gruden interviews stating BS had to earn his spot in the starting line up. And in no way am I trying to bad-mouth BS. I just hope the Skins coaching staff can figure out an alternative that works out for Doctson like they did for BS.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd blame the guy (Doctson) for this. Remember last year when the Skins claimed they wouldn't rush Doctson into the line-up. And despite needing an influx of talent at every level of interior defense, NG, ILB, both safety positions. As well as upgrades at RB and DE while WR was the strongest unit of the team last year. Doctson could've been viewed as a luxury pick for a team in dire need of numerous essentials. Not so say the Redskins who no doubt trotted out the ol' "BPA" bullshit as well making a plausible case. That with both starting WRs due to hit FA in 17 and very likely both looking for big contracts. The Skins were simply being proactive.

So what happens? Doctson tweaks his achilles in TC, but instead of bringing him along slowly as promised. Which in this case as he's hurt at the time, should've meant not practicing/playing him at all. He plays in the season's first 2 games and somehow a nagging injury becomes a season ending injury. As he sees no more game action after week 2 and what every Skins fan already knows becomes official when Doctson is placed on injured reserve sometime in mid/late Oct. Had the Skins been true to their word of bringing him along slowly. Maybe a 100% healthy Doctson is returning to the Skins red to play ball in mid/late Oct instead of having his rookie year officially ended.

That was last year. So what benefits have the Skins received from their supposed clever drafting of Doctson, who don't forget was a contingency, looking down the road pick along with being BPA at the time according to the Skins.

Present day. Both starting WRs from last year are gone via FA and while its possible. I never got the impression the Skins tried to seriously retain either Djax or PG. Remember not too long ago when the talk on the board was who should we keep. PG or DJax? How many answered, 'We need to get rid of both.'

And from the "Doctson has got to earn his reps." tough talk from Gruden. It seems the honeymoon with Doctson is over. Due in large part I'd imagine to Doctson being hurt again this year. Wonder if Gruden accepts any responsibility at all for Doctson's rash of injuries? And it makes me wonder about someone else as well. Brandon Schreff.. I only bring up BS because I recall the articles and talk of his struggles playing OT, which is the position the Skins originally drafted him for. So what did the Skins do? They smartly moved him back to OG. I don't recall any Gruden interviews stating BS had to earn his spot in the starting line up. And in no way am I trying to bad-mouth BS. I just hope the Skins coaching staff can figure out an alternative that works out for Doctson like they did for BS.

One of my biggest problems with some here is their unwillingness to assign blame in a consistent fashion. It's easy to call Snyder and Co. out for the way that they handled/ are handling the Cousins situation. However just as you've pointed out this must be another time where proper handling is left wanting. Good call on your part.:thumb:

That said, 9 times out of 10 the focus will not be on your point but instead on your calling out "BPA" supporters. Then for good measure, at least one will suggest that the BS situation was different and required a different way to deal with separate and apart from the current JD problem.

I'm with you home,...call it for what it is,...Mishandling... instead of making excuses or creating a clever dodge in order to NOT talk about things that actually effect this team/organization.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually liked the pick of Doctson in the draft. I thought the team knew that they wanted to get younger and taller at WR. They did have needs elsewhere on the team but lets be honest, you can't fill every need every offseason. I don't remember if there was an all star DL, NT or Safety available that would have warranted a 1st round pick (23 I think?).

I believe it's hard to say if the team actually mishandled anything. Doctson has the ultimate say on whether he is healthy or if he could play through the pain. Maybe Doctson wants to play so bad that he pushed himself on his own. Wasn't his story coming out of TCU that he was a 5 year player and was very durable and hardly injured? I think he isn't used to playing through pain because he never really had too, and now he's frustrated that he can't play pain free like he did for 5 years.

I would have liked to retain Pierre, we are clearly missing his toughness and 3rd down prowess.

I think Gruden should be tough with Doctson, someone needs to let this kid know that being in the NFL is a privilege and you have to earn your reps. Maybe doctson was coddled at TCU... I don't know but he sure isn't acting like he cares.

I hope you are right, the coaches need to get him in a situation where he can be utilized, apparently the "fade route" isn't working to well.