• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Allen

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you seattle fans are ruthless.

Seems like the guy was only predicting Allen would be something in the NFL. He states his OPINION that he would like to see his favorite nfl team trade Wilson for the right to draft Allen and y'all come unglued and personally attack the guy.

Two years later when Allen is obviously turning into something special, a bunch of you still can't acknowledge it. For the record, I wouldn't have supported trading Wilson either, but damn.

Future looks bright for buffalo.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the guy was only predicting Allen would be something in the NFL. He states his OPINION that he would like to see his favorite nfl team trade Wilson for the right to draft Allen and y'all come unglued and personally attack the guy.

Two years later when Allen is obviously turning into something special, a bunch of you still can't acknowledge it. For the record, I wouldn't have supported trading Wilson either, but damn.

.....because it was a ridiculous assumption particularly considering the timeframe and situation.
It was essentially the equivalent of if a Buffalo fan today stated that they should trade Allen for the rights to draft Trask or Ehlinger.

Hey, more power to snoopgoof for his prognostication of Allen's rise but the concept of trading Wilson for the rights to draft Allen 2 years ago is insanity. Even today it would be a sketchy move at best because you just don't make those types of moves in stable, contending franchises.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Allen uses his legs a lot much like RW did when he was young.

Not really, he showed enough flashes early on to get his big contract and now he's been benched and the Eagles would love to unload him.
those are pretty old comments about Wentz, he went to shit for some reason

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you, spot on

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to wrap my head around a guy whose SH handle is named after Snoop Dog on here ranting about Seattle being nothing but potheads and you can't get away from the smell.
Really??? Everywhere you went in Seattle was nothing but a fog of pot smoke? Because in my experience that is completely unadulterated bullshit.
........almost as much bullshit as trading away Wilson. I've been a Seahawk's fan since day #1 and I don't care how good Allen becomes, there was no way in hell that the franchise would have traded the best QB that we have ever had (Hasselbeck, Krieg, and Zorn are the next best) for an unknown quantity.
Despite the outcome and you prognosticating skills the proposal was ridiculous 3 years ago and it still remains ridiculous. PC and Wilson are tied at the hip and we are winning or losing based on that. The ONLY player that I would trade Wilson for is Mahomes (and that's obviously isn't happening). Not Allen, Jackson, Murray, etc. It's not to say that they can't have better careers (anything is possible) but good, stable franchises just don't do crazy things like trade the team leader in the middle of a HOF career. This isn't a Madden game. If the Seahawks operated in such a reckless manner then we wouldn't have had the success that we have achieved under PC's regime.
Hey dickhead my handle has zero to do with that pothead sob and I am not going to explain it to you because the soul that it is about is fucking dead. Maybe you should pull your head out and stop assuming something you know nothing about. Oh and by the way I grew up there, had the sense to move away 25 years ago.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another strange prediction. Do you really think that the Seahawks let Adams go? Particularly after they spent the aforementioned two 1st round picks on him?
Resigning Adams to a long term deal is a top priority for the Seahawks. He is scheduled to make $9.5 million next year as his 5th year option. So you have the next year to work on a deal, after which the franchise tag will come into play if necessary. Only a complete blow up by Adams (seems highly unlikely as he seems very happy here after his Jets experience), or career altering injury would detain the Hawks from locking him up long term.
Sure, overspend on one player, he will probably command upwards of 20 mil a year.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dickhead my handle has zero to do with that pothead sob and I am not going to explain it to you because the soul that it is about is fucking dead. Maybe you should pull your head out and stop assuming something you know nothing about. Oh and by the way I grew up there, had the sense to move away 25 years ago.

Yeah. Like it's MY fault that beyond your personal meaning that your screen name also references a famous stoner. Should I apologize to you because my psychic abilities aren't up to snuff and you went off on some anti-pot rant.......on a football board?

Look. We are both Seahawks fans. I meant no personal offense. I just thought it was kind of strange is all. I even gave you credit for prognosticating Allen's rise in ability. But I stand by my statement that trading Wilson for Allen before his draft was a ridiculous notion, and would remain an untenable notion even today.

As far as you calling me a dickhead, spewing personal insults in my direction, and then insulting the Seattle area on top of it, well, I will refrain from lame insults and wish you a good day. Don't bother responding unless you can do so like an adult.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, overspend on one player, he will probably command upwards of 20 mil a year.
The top safeties get less than $15 million a year. I also propose that Adams is an obvious generational talent. The only reason not to resign him at this point would be injury concerns. Plus, we have a potential of 3 years (5th year option at $9.5 million + 2 tags which would be at about $14 million a year at this point).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is such a bad GM, he gets fired playing Madden in franchise mode.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top safeties get less than $15 million a year. I also propose that Adams is an obvious generational talent. The only reason not to resign him at this point would be injury concerns. Plus, we have a potential of 3 years (5th year option at $9.5 million + 2 tags which would be at about $14 million a year at this point).

I disagree you have next year's contract with Adams. Yes, he is under contract but I feel he's' thinking he's going to get the new deal next year. That it's one of the reasons why he's not a Jet now. Just fear he might rustling feathers in training camp if he's still playing under the old contract. He's already done it once with the Jets. Unless he thinks the cap will go up in 2 years and can gain more money playing on the old contract. It worries me, after all, we gave up the farm to get it, so signing him is a must and he knows it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree you have next year's contract with Adams. Yes, he is under contract but I feel he's' thinking he's going to get the new deal next year. That it's one of the reasons why he's not a Jet now. Just fear he might rustling feathers in training camp if he's still playing under the old contract. He's already done it once with the Jets. Unless he thinks the cap will go up in 2 years and can gain more money playing on the old contract. It worries me, after all, we gave up the farm to get it, so signing him is a must and he knows it.
Oh, he most certainly will want a new deal next year. I am just noting that we do have the potential to lock him up for the next 3 years at a grand total of $38 to 42 million if we want to play it out. I also doubt that Adams would react as severely as he did in the Jets situation because, you know, the Jets and Gase and all that.
I do expect them to negotiate with him in good faith. He is young and a generational player. But if push comes to shove tags will be used to extend the negotiations if necessary.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen was drafted and playing in the NFL in 2018, and you are coming back 2 years later to finally thump your chest. Do you know what fail is? how about epic fail? because this was a epic fail to prove a point! it took two freaking years and he has had 1 great season out of 3. Then you look at Wilson and he has had 9 great seasons out of 9. You know how many QB's have had 1-3 Great Seasons in their career and was nothing before or after? more than i can count. as the 8 pick in the first round i hope to GOD he has more seasons like this one because his first two showed a little promise but nothing to say he was worth that #8 pick.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is, when I initially mentioned Josh Allen people basically were saying he was shit. No QB is worth 120 mil, makes it impossible to pay other players and keep a cohesive team. When Josh's rookie contract is up I will feel the same about him.
I didn't know what Josh Allen could be 2 yrs ago but trading away a possible future HoFer in his prime is something I wouldn't do. Top QBs who make money usually have their teams in the playoffs, but the key to getting around his contract is drafting well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll has Drafted 2 QB's since being here. One was a late 7th rounder and was never looked at as a future starter but possibly a back up and worth that 7th round pick. The other was in the 3rd round and he is a Stud. I don't know if they can Draft a QB but they sure hit a homerun with Wilson and i see no reason to think they can't do it again when they have to or have the chance to. Someone they really like a lot might drop to them and they will pull the trigger but i wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon. Not When you have a Future HoF QB in his prime.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen stinks. 7 out of 10 games he had 1 or 0 td passes. Played against inferior teams. Should have thrown for 40 tds. I know the talent around him wasn’t great, but a great QB makes average wrs look good. He didn’t. I wouldn’t touch this guy at all.
Huh? What did you say? Hmm