• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Tabata Extension?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said - when I start hearing hearsay about all the other LA prospects then maybe I'll entertain the possibility that there's something else going on.
I'm being consistent. He lied about his age because it benefits him. He signed a contract like this because it benefits him.

Otherwise I'm expected to believe that he signed a contract that's so bad his agent split with him because - what? Because he's the only guy on the planet who doesn't care if he misses out on millions of dollars?
Did we forget about his fake marriage? Yeah he's a real boyscout.

The contract benefits him no matter what age he is. Neil Walker is looking to sign a similar deal, how are we going to denigrate him if/when he signs a deal?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Neil Walker signs a deal as bad as what Tabata signed then I'm gonna assume that the Pirates are throwing dead horse heads in bed with the player's family.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked about this extension. This is completely a win for the Pirates. Also did anyone else hear that Tabata's agent quit after this deal? I swear I heard something along those lines since Tabata was the one who agreed to this and his agent didn't want him to sign it.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked about this extension. This is completely a win for the Pirates. Also did anyone else hear that Tabata's agent quit after this deal? I swear I heard something along those lines since Tabata was the one who agreed to this and his agent didn't want him to sign it.

Yep..... see my post #13 in this thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose's been hitting pretty well since his return. Perhaps having a long-term contract is relaxing him as well.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is step 1 of the "Are we seriously going to be able to keep Cutch?" plan. Hate to say it, but it seems pretty apparent. Man does this minor league system need some thump.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for the Pirates, I guess Walker gets a little more $$ if they are able to get it done.

As for McCutchen, I think hes gonna walk after 4 years. He could easily be the best cf in the game when he hits free agency and get a MEGA contract from someone.

Andrew: "What kind of contract can I get if I refuse to give up free agent years to the Pirates"

Agent: "Well if you keep going maybe 8yr 160millionish"

Andrew: "Hmm, lets just take it one year at a time"

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..... I'm getting a similar vibe. Regardless of what he says, I think McCutchen wants to leave Pittsburgh as soon as that's possible.

I know it will probably be considered heresy, but I'm hoping against hope that Tabata, Presley, and Marte all pan out as solid major leaguers..... allowing the Pirates to trade McCutchen for a bundle before his walk year. It's gonna take a few years before most of the high-potential pitchers begin to show up anyway.

:ss: