• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista just got punched in the face by Odor

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford already explained it to you but your too damn stubborn and butthurt to understand.

No. Ford agreed with me.

You can't run the WR over to get position. That's not "making a play on the ball", that's DPI. It's textbook DPI.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista is a prick for MANY reasons, the bat flip is one. The illegal slide where he was trying to take out Odor who had nothing to do with Bautista getting plunked was bullshit and Odor let him know that.
I doubt to many outside of Toronto will argue Bautista is a prick, but the punch was uncalled for. By the suspensions handed down MLB agrees.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Ford agreed with me.

You can't run the WR over to get position. That's not "making a play on the ball", that's DPI. It's textbook DPI.
Comprehension isn't your strong point is it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Ford agreed with me.

I didn't agree with that. Both players are allowed to go for the ball. Just because a WR is crossing and the defender is coming from upfield, doesn't give anyone more right to the ball. There is a collision, as long as you are playing the ball the play is not illegal.

What I will agree to is that the offensive player usually gets the call if there is a collision.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That's you. Nice attempt at deflection though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't agree with that. Both players are allowed to go for the ball. Just because a WR is crossing and the defender is coming from upfield, doesn't give anyone more right to the ball. There is a collision, as long as you are playing the ball the play is not illegal.

What I will agree to is that the offensive player usually gets the call if there is a collision.

The defender is not allows to run him over. He needs ti get position by beating him to the spot.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt to many outside of Toronto will argue Bautista is a prick, but the punch was uncalled for. By the suspensions handed down MLB agrees.

Yes it was uncalled for. But I won't fault Odor for it. If someone tried to affect my ability to do my job because they were being a prick, I'd be mad too. If I were mad enough and punched the guy, then I'd deal with the consequences. That is what everyone did, and is doing. Bautista was upset and took action. Odor did as well, Texas did as well. Eveyrone did what they thought was best, and here we are.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched it many times. I saw it live. I knew from the beginning that Smoak was out because the slide was illegal.

You very obviously do not know what you are talking about here, why do you keep trying? You said it wasn't illegal and wanted to hear the MLB say it was. The play was reviewed and Smoak was out...thus it was illegal.

There was NO "reach back and touch the base". That is physically impossible and did not happen. Stop being dense.
Ford come on, Bautista reached back with his left hand and touched 2nd base. Yes his body was pass the bag. I have agreed with you several times that the side was illegal. You are the one that originally said the slide was dirty and I gave you my opinion that the slide was not dirty. Now if you don't like my opinion, then that's fair, but you shouldn't go around calling people dense if that person doesn't agree with you.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't be going for the ball, that would be interference. But if you get to the spot and go up for the ball and steamroll the WR tryign to get to that spot...you SHOULDN'T be called for interference. Depends on the WR though.

Here. This is where you agreed. You can't just run a guy over who beat you to the spot like lockette did.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defender is not allows to run him over. He needs ti get position by beating him to the spot.

If you are talking about the Brown INT, getting to the spot first is exactly what he did. If he weren't there first, then he wouldn't have gotten the ball. If a defender reads a pass, jumps the route, and the crossing reciever collides with him then that shouldn't be PI.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about the Brown INT, getting to the spot first is exactly what he did. If he weren't there first, then he wouldn't have gotten the ball. If a defender reads a pass, jumps the route, and the crossing reciever collides with him then that shouldn't be PI.

He clearly is 2nd. He Knocks lockette down and only then gets to the ball.

Lockette fell back towards the LOS. If butler beat him to the spot that would've been a physical impossibility.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford, you are the one that is dense. Bautista reached back with his left hand and touched 2nd base. Yes his body was pass the bag. I have agree with you several times that the side was illegal. You are the one that originally said the slide was dirty and I gave you my opinion that the slide was not dirty. Now if you don't like my opinion, then thst's fair, but shouldn't go around calling people dense if that person doesn't agree with you.

So I post the video showing there is no way he touches the bag, or can even touch the bag yet you still argue.

Whatever floats your boat. The video I posted doesn't lie. Someone who has indisputable proof shown to them and refuses to acknowledge it is being dense. sorry if that offends you. The person who you are defending said himself it was a dirty slide. It was meant the send a message. That can't be any clearer, he told you his intent. But still you say he didn't do that. I got nothing else to tell ya man.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here. This is where you agreed. You can't just run a guy over who beat you to the spot like lockette did.

I think you need to reread what I wrote.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I post the video showing there is no way he touches the bag, or can even touch the bag yet you still argue.

Whatever floats your boat. The video I posted doesn't lie. Someone who has indisputable proof shown to them and refuses to acknowledge it is being dense. sorry if that offends you. The person who you are defending said himself it was a dirty slide. It was meant the send a message. That can't be any clearer, he told you his intent. But still you say he didn't do that. I got nothing else to tell ya man.
Okay fair enough, let's move on.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to reread what I wrote.

Brown didnt' do your caveat to that.

He was late to the spot and early to the ball getting to the WR.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was uncalled for. But I won't fault Odor for it. If someone tried to affect my ability to do my job because they were being a prick, I'd be mad too. If I were mad enough and punched the guy, then I'd deal with the consequences. That is what everyone did, and is doing. Bautista was upset and took action. Odor did as well, Texas did as well. Eveyrone did what they thought was best, and here we are.
I have no issue with this line of thinking, I have an issue with the few celebrating the hit and completely ignoring Odors part in this. I have no real dog in this fight, fact is IF I had 2nd teams the teams would be the Rangers, Mavericks and Stars. I wasn't born in Texas, but feel I should have been.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame these 2 teams don't have any more games against each other during the regular season.
Probably a good thing for Odor that these teams don't meet again during the regular season.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and Jays both 0-3 since the brawl game, just a coincidence I'm sure.