• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Staal is underappreciated

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt for both.

Yeah Fleury was team MVP, as he should but look how many "fans" wanted him gone it was laughable.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Without a doubt for both.

Yeah Fleury was team MVP, as he should but look how many "fans" wanted him gone it was laughable.

Lets not act like he has always been solid, he had a great run through the playoffs but certainly earned a seat on teh bench early in the season with the start he had and how Johnson looked early.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not act like he has always been solid, he had a great run through the playoffs but certainly earned a seat on teh bench early in the season with the start he had and how Johnson looked early.

Oh I agree he had his moments but most goalies do have stretches like that. He is still too valuable to trade away with nothing in the system that looks as good.

Then if the Pens trade him they would have had to make another deal (trade, FA signing) to bring in another goalie.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fleury hasn't always been worth his contract.
Most of last year he was very good I must admit.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I spend wayyyyyy too much time defending Staal against morons on severa other message boards. Bad part is, the haters are Pens 'fans'.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Flyer fan, I appreciate Staal a ton. Whenever he's on the ice, Crosby and Malkin usually aren't.

Actually, feel free to put Malkin back on instead.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Staal is he gets compared too often to the guy drafted right after him on top of his older brother. Different roles and situations, also when drafted there was a lot of talk of Staal to become a LW. So a big power forward winger was very valuable to the Penguins that had Crosby/Malkin(wasn't in Pitt yet).

I read some folks that state they would rather have Phil Kessel than Staal and that might be the biggest joke.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Flyer fan, I appreciate Staal a ton. Whenever he's on the ice, Crosby and Malkin usually aren't.

Actually, feel free to put Malkin back on instead.

Too funny....As long as Giroux sits on the bench.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with Staal is he gets compared too often to the guy drafted right after him on top of his older brother. Different roles and situations, also when drafted there was a lot of talk of Staal to become a LW. So a big power forward winger was very valuable to the Penguins that had Crosby/Malkin(wasn't in Pitt yet)..

Agreed DDD... I also hear how he is a career 3rd line center. Seriously.
Kid is what, 22? 23? He's maxxed out now? Hahaha.

He had almost 30 goals his rookie year before they stuck him in a shut-down role for the next 4 years.. a role that he became one of the best in the NHL at... I'm pretty sure if given time and linemates, he could adjust back to a 30 goal forward with little problem.

He is a completely different animal from the rest of his draft class... Been to the Finals twice, won one Cup, Selke canidate......

Can't believe the trash talked on him.

By the way... everyone know that Jordan has been training at Gary Roberts' camp this offseason?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Color me surprised. I've never run across a message board before where there wasn't at least one person who couldn't stop complaining about what a 'bust' they think Staal is.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wandered my way over to this site and saw some familiar names. I go on vacation for a few weeks and the ESPN message Boards get turned inside out. Awful stuff. Anyway, happy to talk Pens over here! Staal has a spot on my team any day.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whats up DBE...Long summer bro...lol...looks like we have a junior with us from the ESPN board...they never did get me over there...lol

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope your summer went well...back to coaching high school team has a good shot to make it to the state championship this season... Have a good one DBE...Back at you soon...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope your summer went well...back to coaching high school team has a good shot to make it to the state championship this season... Have a good one DBE...Back at you soon...

Good thing I taught you all about hockey over the last 5 years or so.... :hockeysmile:

HAHAHAHA

Hey, seriously, that is great. I hope it goes well.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL...Hey i hear you bro...saw you were on so i thought i would drop by been a while since i have posted...kids off to college...money gone faster then i can make it...lol...why the hell am i laugh??? whats going on with you...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:tea:
Good thing I taught you all about hockey over the last 5 years or so....

i can only teach them the Flyer way DBE...LOL...
slap_shot_movie.jpg
...They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there. Get that fuckin' stick in their side. Let 'em know you're there! Get that lumber in his teeth. Let 'em know you're there!