• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the win in a playoff, but win or lose I thought it was a great move to stay stateside and honor his commitment to play there...everyone including the people at JD would have understood if he went over early to chase history.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the win in a playoff, but win or lose I thought it was a great move to stay stateside and honor his commitment to play there...everyone including the people at JD would have understood if he went over early to chase history.

Honorable yes. But he has put himself in a very tight timeline.

There is a tremendous spot light on him right now. I can't imagine the demands on his time the second he lands.
He has to get his practice rounds in. Does he take a day off and only play 2? or does he push it and play 11 rounds in a row?

A for the record, the number of rounds Jordan has played St Andrews ...One. 4 years ago.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a tremendous spot light on him right now. I can't imagine the demands on his time the second he lands.
He has to get his practice rounds in. Does he take a day off and only play 2? or does he push it and play 11 rounds in a row?

A for the record, the number of rounds Jordan has played St Andrews ...One. 4 years ago.

Agreed.

Spieth probably did cost himself a shot at 3 in a row...no way he can process a 6 hour time change and be ready to play his best golf on a course he hasn't played much.

My pick is DJ this week, but I can see Rose winning it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Its too much scrutiny and hype for Spieth to hold up under.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Spieth probably did cost himself a shot at 3 in a row...no way he can process a 6 hour time change and be ready to play his best golf on a course he hasn't played much.

My pick is DJ this week, but I can see Rose winning it.

Agreed. Its too much scrutiny and hype for Spieth to hold up under.

Tiger Woods hates slow greens: British Open edition - SBNation.com

The only time you can believe a single word that Tiger says is when he is complaining about slow greens and soft conditions. Which he has been doing.

If the greens are slow and the balls don't roll for a mile, I would say that helps Jordan. If he is out of sorts I'm thinking some bad shots don't put him a hole he can't climb out of.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only time you can believe a single word that Tiger says is when he is complaining about slow greens and soft conditions. Which he has been doing.

If the greens are slow and the balls don't roll for a mile, I would say that helps Jordan. If he is out of sorts I'm thinking some bad shots don't put him a hole he can't climb out of.
We'll see. if I had to choose between the field and Spieth, I'm taking the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the key for Spieth is mentally being able to absorb all this change in 3 or 4 days...if he can hang around and get his second wind on the weekend...he's the most confident player out there...just maybe.

I like DJ in this one because he can fly most of the bunkers.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played golf with a guy named Doug there back in 1978. Was wondering if it was you.

I doubt it. I graduated from high school in 1978. I played more at Pinehurst and Southern Pines than I did in the RDU area. God I'm old. You must be as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I graduated from high school in 1978. I played more at Pinehurst and Southern Pines than I did in the RDU area. God I'm old. You must be as well.
Yes. I played golf at Duke from 1978 to 79 in my junior and senior year there . A guy named Doug Farmer was our #1 player, everyone called him "Douggie", thought perhaps when I saw your Duke monikers that there was an off chance that he might be you.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I played golf at Duke from 1978 to 79 in my junior and senior year there . A guy named Doug Farmer was our #1 player, everyone called him "Douggie", thought perhaps when I saw your Duke monikers that there was an off chance that he might be you.

Come over to the Duke page sometime and post.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan will adjust. Golf is a target game no matter what course u are on. With his confidence right now, I don't think he's worried.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1