• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones working with Byner

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Jones has been working out with Earnes Byner on ball security

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him killing it in LA, SF, & ATL where all the dancing and juking will work.
Not a bad RB, hopefully he can get the power scheme down and not get cut.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him killing it in LA, SF, & ATL where all the dancing and juking will work.
Not a bad RB, hopefully he can get the power scheme down and not get cut.

We dont run a power scheme. Jones is in the dog house because he has fumblitis. Fix that, and sadly I think he is the type of feature back Gruden would actually want.

While I hope we get a real three down back with some actual power, I only give it a 30% chance we actually go that route. And I give it that high because a Fournette, Cook, or Mixon might have that sexy factor to the draft that i think the owner is jonesing for at the moment.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I don't like about Jones he fumbles and he dances around too much instead of running someone over for some yardage

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly I wish we DID, but that would require a true power back as well.

Rob Kelly much respect, but we run a lot more outside zone and misdirection than Power.

Riggo was power running. When we would line up and every one in the stadium knew what was coming, and the other team knew they had not a chance in hell of actually stopping it.

This shit now, its power break dancing maybe. :noidea:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is soooo hesistant, now one on one? he may run you over but getting to the hole is the problem.
its like he forgets he is 240 and can truck these DBs and instead shimmy shakes and madden jukes
hey, he may surprise this year knowing he lost his starter spot and will also be out of a job in 2018

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I wish we DID, but that would require a true power back as well.

Rob Kelly much respect, but we run a lot more outside zone and misdirection than Power.

ohhhh i gotcha, i was about to say, what are we running? that one cut is long gone.
man, i think i spoke on this already but Foreman in the 3rd works for me too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohhhh i gotcha, i was about to say, what are we running? that one cut is long gone.
man, i think i spoke on this already but Foreman in the 3rd works for me too

If we take one in the first, Fournette (who will be long gone unless he get caught snorting Coke on April 26th)

Cook or Mixon... and on these two I could flip a coin thoug I think Mixon might be better.

Past these three Im seeing alot of two down or change of pace guys. And we are one short of a six pack of those.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we run a little of all those things you mentioned. We run some zone blocking schemes where one cut is still the deal. We pull lineman a lot also. We run some power too. We did not run power very well. We run traps etc. Most teams in the NFL run a little of everything. Defenses are just too good to run straight power anymore.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we run a little of all those things you mentioned. We run some zone blocking schemes where one cut is still the deal. We pull lineman a lot also. We run some power too. We did not run power very well. We run traps etc. Most teams in the NFL run a little of everything. Defenses are just too good to run straight power anymore.

True and agreed..... But I will also say, I dont think we have a RB capable of doing all these. Especially the power run game part.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont run a power scheme. Jones is in the dog house because he has fumblitis. Fix that, and sadly I think he is the type of feature back Gruden would actually want.

While I hope we get a real three down back with some actual power, I only give it a 30% chance we actually go that route. And I give it that high because a Fournette, Cook, or Mixon might have that sexy factor to the draft that i think the owner is jonesing for at the moment.

Im really starting to think we're going to end up taking Mixon or Cook at 17 and Im gonna hate it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really starting to think we're going to end up taking Mixon or Cook at 17 and Im gonna hate it.

At first, you will scream and rail.... eventually you will be ok with it though. I agree we need to improve the defense, but wouldnt it be nice to have a 4 point lead with 3 minutes left, and have a ground game that could just gobble up the clock....

I for one miss those days.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, you will scream and rail.... eventually you will be ok with it though. I agree we need to improve the defense, but wouldnt it be nice to have a 4 point lead with 3 minutes left, and have a ground game that could just gobble up the clock....

I for one miss those days.

Oh Id love to have that. But not for 3x what its worth.

Im starting to sour on Cook for a couple reasons and Mixon has his issues as well but when I watch them both play, theyre fantastic. No argument there. And they could make our offense great. We could draft Mixon at 17 and see him rack up 1500 total yards a year over the next 4 years and Ill still tell you a 1st round RB isnt worth it. Ill take process over results every time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also say, I would be pleasantly surprised if we some how went into the season with a REAL FB on the 53 man roster.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Id love to have that. But not for 3x what its worth.

Im starting to sour on Cook for a couple reasons and Mixon has his issues as well but when I watch them both play, theyre fantastic. No argument there. And they could make our offense great. We could draft Mixon at 17 and see him rack up 1500 total yards a year over the next 4 years and Ill still tell you a 1st round RB isnt worth it. Ill take process over results every time.

As I mentioned before.... Scat backs, change of pace backs, or two down backs, we got one for every finger on my hand. A true all around back.... while expensive as a first rounder... might be worth his weight in gold.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned before.... Scat backs, change of pace backs, or two down backs, we got one for every finger on my hand. A true all around back.... while expensive as a first rounder... might be worth his weight in gold.

Disagree completely that he'd be worth it. And I'd love to have one. But when you can get 90% the production for a tenth of the cost you do it. There's nothing wrong with a slightly less fancy 3 down back or a committee of backs who all do their jobs well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely that he'd be worth it. And I'd love to have one. But when you can get 90% the production for a tenth of the cost you do it. There's nothing wrong with a slightly less fancy 3 down back or a committee of backs who all do their jobs well.

The thing is, we dont have either of those.

None of our backs appears capable of 1200 yards and 10 TDs. Sure combined we might get that between the three. But how long are we going to need to carry 3-5 RBs just so we can say we didnt over pay for one GOOD back?? When do we get past this idea that we can simply get by on third round or later RBs when most of our guys are average at best, and none of them are true 3 down grind it out RBs? I get it you dont value the position so you are fine with throwing any later round pick at it and hoping we will be ok. But the last slightly less fancy 3 down back we had now plays for Dallas. And we kind of got lucky with him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd Down Conversions 90/199
4th Down Conversions 7/14

These two stats right here are the main reason why we need a better quality of RB on this team

Add to that the fact that no one respects our ground game in the redzone.. and Im sorry but the we can get by with Average just isnt working.