• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel to the Seahawks?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent cut ties with him, and the Brown's will be releasing him any minute now. His father evidently said that he worries Manziel will be dead before he hits 24.

I was listening to our local radio guys on the way in to work today, and they brought up Johnny Football coming here, and how it would benefit him to form a relationship with Pete Carroll.

I think it's at least interesting to think about.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me. Carroll has been known to take troubled players, Manziel needs a small market city with not a lot of flash and a winning team surrounding him. That's what Seattle is. Another fit would be someone like Green Bay...

Honestly I wouldn't be bothered by it. Manziel has a similar playset to Wilson in the event he gets injured or misses a couple games... and Manziel would not be brought in to be the face of the franchise or the key cog to the offense (which is still the run game, Seattle just didn't have Lynch, Rawls went down, and blocking was a liability with loss of Carpenter).

Regardless, if Seattle does bring him in I hope one clause in his contract is to dump that stupid gold digging white trash whore he's dating. Not saying it's right to hit a woman (if he really did) but it was provoked.

Bill Burr said it best. "It's not like she was sitting there like, 'gosh you think we should get some ice cream, maybe some Baskin Robbins?'" And the guy is like, "AHHHH *swing kick swing*!!!!"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think plenty of radio hosts will come to the same conclusion on those things. Heck the Broncos radio there was one of them talking about how they would love to have Manziel come to Denver and learn from Kubiak and Elway on what it looks like to be an NFL QB.

To me the kid needs to take a year off football and just lock himself up from his friends that seem to not help his situation. He needs to hire somebody to organize his entire schedule to keep him focused on things that won't get him in trouble and he needs to commit to probably some intense counseling to help him through whatever is driving him to self destruct. Then after that year maybe think about trying to have an NFL career.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think football should be the last concern for him right now. Sounds like he needs a lot of help in general according to what his father said this morning.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think football should be the last concern for him right now. Sounds like he needs a lot of help in general according to what his father said this morning.
I think a psychologist would need to look at all of the stuff surrounding him.

He has identified himself with football since he was a little kid. He was pretty much treated like a god of football until the past couple of years. Football is his entire identity, so I would think it would be helpful for it to be part of his therapy/recovery/whatever a psychoanalyst might call it.

His family is a mess, and having a stable mentor could help him, I'm betting. It's all about whether he chooses to accept help in the first place, though. I feel badly for anybody who deals with substance abuse. I know he's a turd.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is that the Seahawks tend to bring in guys who are actually good at playing football.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see stuff like this a lot:

"Manziel could come here and learn"

The major flaw in that thinking is that he has no desire to learn or grow either as a player or a person. He's stuck in college party mode and his only interest is in getting a paycheck to keep that lifestyle going.

But he, if you're interested in an off the field distraction with 0 contribution on the field, by all means have at him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel will be outta football for a year IMO. He has gone full Vince Young in record time. Until he completes a program and not one for appearances I think NFL owners take a pass. He had marginal talent to begin with and is not worth the circus.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope one clause in his contract is to dump that stupid gold digging white trash whore he's dating. Not saying it's right to hit a woman (if he really did) but it was provoked.

Bill Burr said it best. "It's not like she was sitting there like, 'gosh you think we should get some ice cream, maybe some Baskin Robbins?'" And the guy is like, "AHHHH *swing kick swing*!!!!"

Good fvcking grief.

And no. No Johnny 'she asked for it' Football.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major flaw in that thinking is that he has no desire to learn or grow either as a player or a person. He's stuck in college party mode and his only interest is in getting a paycheck to keep that lifestyle going.
There are a lot of 23 year olds in and out of college who act like that. They grow up real fast in the real world , or they end up living in mommy and daddy's basement until they (hopefully) grow up.

I'm not a fan of the whole affluenza thing, but it must be strange for a guy who has never had to deal with consequences to his behavior.

But you're right. The desire to change and desire to learn adult behavior would have to come from him, otherwise it wouldn't matter. Carroll's had a lot of success with those types.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of 23 year olds in and out of college who act like that. They grow up real fast in the real world , or they end up living in mommy and daddy's basement until they (hopefully) grow up.

I'm not a fan of the whole affluenza thing, but it must be strange for a guy who has never had to deal with consequences to his behavior.

But you're right. The desire to change and desire to learn adult behavior would have to come from him, otherwise it wouldn't matter. Carroll's had a lot of success with those types.

That's the big problem with him right now. He's immature like many young 20s, but he also apparently has no desire to improve...and that is a big problem in any profession.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the surface, SEA does seem like a decent fit...but...CLE is not really a huge party mecca...the kid will find the lime life...he travels well in that regard.

IF, Manziel grows up fast...he can have a 4-6 yr career as a back up QB and make damn good money...but I'm not sure he's ready to do that and the window of opportunity is closing fast.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to get at least a full year suspension as it is if these allegations coming out against him are true. So time will tell if he takes that year to grow the fuck up or not, but how many teams are really going to want to take on that whole Ray Rice / Hardy thing and the bad pub it will bring?

Seattle saw what the distraction of Kam's contract hold out did to their season. You just don't need unnecessary distractions or locker room cancers unless you are desperate for talent.

4303600-ren+and+stimpy.png

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent cut ties with him, and the Brown's will be releasing him any minute now. His father evidently said that he worries Manziel will be dead before he hits 24.

I was listening to our local radio guys on the way in to work today, and they brought up Johnny Football coming here, and how it would benefit him to form a relationship with Pete Carroll.

I think it's at least interesting to think about.

I thought the Browns had to wait till after June or something? Otherwise it will be a huge cap hit?

Or am I confusing it with DeMarco Murray?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'd do it.

As long as he wears an ankle bracelet so he can leave the CLink