• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox and Broncos part ways

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, do you really think John FOx was responsible for those AFCW titles and not PEyton Manning? We were winning in spite of Fox rather than because of him. Also, it's not just this year's losses, it's all of them. Same cliche every time no matter how bad the loss was.

The team comes out flat in big games and never seems to get in gear. That's on the coaching staff

I thought they won the division all 3 years, even the year before Manning with Fox

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, do you really think John FOx was responsible for those AFCW titles and not PEyton Manning? We were winning in spite of Fox rather than because of him. Also, it's not just this year's losses, it's all of them. Same cliche every time no matter how bad the loss was.

The team comes out flat in big games and never seems to get in gear. That's on the coaching staff

Bob...I don't see the Broncos every week either, but I know coach Fox well from his time @ CAR as well his time in DEN...I've said to CDumler more than once that I like what DEN has done out there, but Fox was/is not a SB winning HC...not a bad HC mind you, but not a SB winning HC...with that roster I think half a dz HCs could've won 12 games this yr.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver fan's are in for a rude awakening when it comes to that defense IMO if they make the wrong hire.

I chuckle at a comment made above by someone that the defense is "loaded with talent". The names on that defense are more impressive than the talent. And it is a defense that is probably going to get worse in the offseason when Knighton bolts in FA.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it didn't help in Elway's mind when Jay Glazer reported that Fox was already contemplating what he'd do if the Broncos lost to the Colts BEFORE the game even happened Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the playoffs, when your coaches are too dog on stupid to realize their getting their ass kicked and fail to do anything about it they deserve to be fired.

We could win the AFC West for the next 20 years but John Fox and Jack Del Rio were never going to win a SB for us no matter what players they had so why keep them around? Oh that's right some idiots think it's ok to not win a SB as long as we make the playoffs every year :rollseyes:

How many SB's did Peyton win under the HOF Dungy as HC....Yes, 1 in like 10 yrs and that against the legendary Rex Grossman at qb.....
Hey, Einstein, you have to get in the playoffs to have a chance to win it all and that's what Fox and Co did every yr.....
Only 1 team goes home the winner, and the rest are very disappointed losers.....
And how many SB's did Mr Ed win before Terrell Davis, let me help you "0", 2 out of 6 tries and in like 15 yrs of play....Wake up dude, and get off of mommies lap so you can start drinking from a cup of the real world....:rollseyes:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Elway is a "joke" as a GM but he built a "very good team"..?

Makes sense.

Really, he had a very successful head coach and staff, high caliber wr's, Lb's and the smartest qb in the game and maybe in history but still couldn't get that SB.....I have an idea, get the same guy that saved his qb career and took him from a 4 time loser to a back to back winner on the downside of his career, Terrell Davis....
Maybe he can hide behind TD's talent once again....
Like I said, he's a joke at GM especially....
I hope Peyton retires before Mr Ed ruins his legacy, and then you'll see just how bad a GM he really is....:nod:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want John Fox in Chicago!

Fox is a very good HC, and far more experienced and accomplished at it than Mr Ed has even sniffed at the GM position.....I think it is safe to say that the problem in Denver was not him but the most inexperienced but big headed Mr Ed Elway instead......
Fox saw a way to get away from him and took it IMO....Bravo, smart man !!:nod:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol tell us how you really fell OldSchool

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want John Fox in Chicago!

Be careful what you wish for.
Really, he'll be a good fit there. He is excellent at developing bottom-tier teams.
I am not of the opinion that he cannot take it to a higher level. He is not getting much respect after a good run.....