• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Schad must know something that I don't

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a firm believer in Jacob Coker and has even made statements of Coker winning the Heisman... Is this kid as legit as we think he is or is Schad hugging Bama's nuts?

Either way, I hope he is every bit as good as Jimbo Fischer said he was. I can't wait for August!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take absolutely nothing that comes out of Joe Schad's mouth to heart. Most of the time I feel he just says shit so somebody knows he's still alive. Having said that, the reports (and there are many) on Coker are that he's a great player as well as a great teammate/leader/person, so I'm personally excited as ass to see what he can do with all the tools he has to work with. Should be a fun season fer Bama fans.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across this yesterday:

"From a poster on BOL. I normally don't post much unless I have something solid to add. Here is a brief report from someone who knows regarding summer pass skels. Some of you already know some of this but there is a bit of new info. First, Amari is leading, mostly by his hard work ethic, but now also verbally. DeAndrew is also leading. The staff would love for Christion Jones to become more of a leader. This is not to say that he is misbehaving or anything, just that he is a senior and with so many young receivers they would like to see him step up. Offensively, Blake Sims also leading. Sims is an exceptional kid. Works his tail off, amazing team guy, never complains, always up beat. And he is there for Coker with answers on terminology, reads, player info, etc. You cannot help but pull for a guy like this.

Coker did indeed come into pass skel workouts pretty tight. It was obvious he has a big arm but his accuracy early on was not what everyone wanted to see. As he has settled into the routine, learned the receivers, etc., things are picking up nicely. The comment I got was the potential is there to be the guy everyone is raving about, but there is an incredible amount of pressure on him, which ramps up with every Jimbo/media gushing comment about him. My source stated that he wished the media and draft "gurus" would quit annointing the guy as a first round pick and just let him be. Needless to say, it is going to be hard for him to live up to the expectations out there.

With all that said the opinion of my source is that Coker will be the starter and that we would see a dynamic in first few games similar to the AJ/Sims battle in 2011. My guy loves Blake, actually wishes he could develop into a top passer and win the job, but feels Coker is clearly the guy. He stated that he hopes we at least have a short yardage/goal line package for him to run.

Other points are that the secondary is much improved due to experience and knowing the schemes better. He particularly mentioned Geno as one to watch. The young receivers are special and it will be interesting to see which ones break into the rotation."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Schad eats his cereal with his hands

tumblr_m3jbg8SiaV1rotvcco1_500.jpg

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coker will win the job. I was not impressed with our QBs in the A Day game, although I know Lane and Saban held back on the offense. Is he Heisman material? I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him and he can just settle in and relax.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Schad eats his cereal with his hands

This ^.

Every time I think of something ridiculous CFB related to post I follow it with "Joe Schad reports..."

Example: "Peyton Manning signs with Bama, may bring along top NFL receivers with him."

Joe Schad reports...