• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Philbin

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Dolphins giving Joe Philbin contract extension | Sports - Home

The right move made for the Fins - as Philbin is the right man for the job. He has earned every bit of this extension. Ignorants and Philbin haters will not like this - but the man earned it. He kept things together after last seasons scandals - And, minus the steps back taken on defense, steps forward were taken on offense. He has as much to do with that as the other coaches and the players.

With Philbin at HC and Tannehill at QB - the future is bright for the Fins

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Dolphins giving Joe Philbin contract extension | Sports - Home

The right move made for the Fins - as Philbin is the right man for the job. He has earned every bit of this extension. Ignorants and Philbin haters will not like this - but the man earned it. He kept things together after last seasons scandals - And, minus the steps back taken on defense, steps forward were taken on offense. He has as much to do with that as the other coaches and the players.

With Philbin at HC and Tannehill at QB - the future is bright for the Fins

Wow....'He has earned every bit of this extension'? How the F so? You, very possibly might be the only individual who ACTUALLY thinks our buffoon of a coach has earned ANYTHING....besides an immediate termination. Bullygate, several players clearly unhappy with him, soooooo many cons involved with what this clown has brought to Miami. What has he done to earn anything Paolo? Because the offense was better this year? LMAO....if you're gonna credit Joe for that, then be sure to hold his dumbass accountable for 3 pathetic seasons, k? What a joke....its simply hilarious to me that anybody would insist Joe Philbin has 'earned' an extension. Can't wait to hear your explanation when he gets canned in week 10 next season....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contract extension January 7, 2015 | Filed in: 2014 regular season.
facebook twitter google email Comments 0

The Dolphins have offered coach Joe Philbin a contract extension, but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be sticking around past the 2015 season.
Philbin is receiving a contract extension (Post photo)

The extension was reported by the Miami Herald but deals of the term were not provided.
In all likelihood it’s a one-year extension through the 2016 season.
So why extend Philbin after three mediocre seasons and a playoff-or-bust season likely approaching? The Dolphins are trying to protect themselves in case Philbin actually succeeds next year.
The logic is that Philbin would have all the leverage if he’s a free agent after the 2015 season and the Dolphins want to bring him back. That, in theory, would be a more expensive proposition than canning him after the season and having to pay the final year of his deal if the 2015 season is a failure.
But the timing of this leak isn’t ideal. Dolphins fans are still fuming that Philbin is coming back. And news that former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is coming on board hasn’t exactly stirred up the fan base.
Also, when owner Stephen Ross announced that Philbin was coming back several weeks ago, he went out of his way to say several times that the Dolphins were letting Philbin play out the final year of his deal.
But of course the Dolphins can still fire Philbin after the season. Former coach Tony Sparano received an extension before the 2011 season and he didn’t even make it through that year.
Before the 2013 season, former GM Jeff Ireland was extended through 2014. He was still fired after 2013.
So this really doesn’t mean much but it is certain to make some fans irate.-Like I said Paolo, I think you all too often make really good points, but you very well might be the only Dolphin fan that is happy Philbin did not get shown the door. What he has EARNED, was a quick and speedy termination....nothing more.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards, you cant listen to Paolo. he actually takes joy out of watching his fav teams losing. Just look at the Heat boards. Philbin has done nothing, nothing at all to earn a contract extension.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philbin hasn't earned anything as the goal is playoffs and eventually a super bowl. I think Ross is just dangling a carrot telling the guy hey you can stay here's the cash but only if you perform. If not he can be canned at anytime...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullygate, several players clearly unhappy with him, soooooo many cons involved with what this clown has brought to Miami. What has he done to earn anything Paolo? Because the offense was better this year? LMAO....if you're gonna credit Joe for that, then be sure to hold his dumbass accountable for 3 pathetic seasons, k? What a joke....its simply hilarious to me that anybody would insist Joe Philbin has 'earned' an extension. Can't wait to hear your explanation when he gets canned in week 10 next season....

You brought up “bullygate” that is the perfect example that this guy is the right one for the job. Thats situation is one that could have FOREVER ruined this franchise , but he kept things together during those rough times - He got rid of all the bad eggs of those days and keep things together. He should be commended for that. Not to do so would just be ignorant.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to hear your explanation when he gets canned in week 10 next season....

No reason to think he gets “ canned” in week 10 - and if he does, oh well - Remember, life will go on.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....'He has earned every bit of this extension'? How the F so? You, very possibly might be the only individual who ACTUALLY thinks our buffoon of a coach has earned ANYTHING

I am proud to be the only one... if it means that I am the only that isn’t ignorant, thats good enough

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Philbin is a bum. Two years in a row the Dolphins had a playoff spot in the beginning of December and crapped all over themselves in the season's final month. He is not a leader of men and gets rid of every alpha male on the team. Unfortunately for Philbin, he cannot connect with strong personalities but those are the guys that lead teams and necessary for December and January wins.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards, you cant listen to Paolo. he actually takes joy out of watching his fav teams losing. Just look at the Heat boards.

Wrong as always, dumb ass. I get joy out of this lousy fan base suffering due to our losses. I dont enjoy the losses themselves - just the suffering it brings to this lousy fan base.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me, I think I need to throw up now

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up “bullygate” that is the perfect example that this guy is the right one for the job. Thats situation is one that could have FOREVER ruined this franchise , but he kept things together during those rough times - He got rid of all the bad eggs of those days and keep things together. He should be commended for that. Not to do so would just be ignorant.

ACTUALLY, Paolo, the fact that something so ridiculously silly and borderline comical erupted into an NFL investigation clearly shows what a dumpster fire this franchise has become. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER EVER HAVE HAPPENED, Paolo.....no offense. To credit Joe 'I aint got a clue' Philbin for 'how he handled the aftermath' is like congratulating your kid for turning in a wanted felon after they were BOTH caught robbing a bank. In a REAL NFL lockerroom, this shit just doesn't happen. Or, if it DOES happen, the head coach is on top of it to make sure it doesn't turn into what Miami went through. The very LEAST Joe could have done is what he did. You want to put value on THAT?! Fine, be my guest. But honestly I prefer a head coach that is more 'in tune' with his team so that this type of circus shit never even surfaces. Oh, AND someone that can win more than 8 games with a team full of talented players like we have.(not to mention the ability to call an effing timeout at the right effing time-just sayin).....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud to be the only one... if it means that I am the only that isn’t ignorant, thats good enough

Ok, so the entire Miami fan base is ignorant(as well as myself)? Hilarious....I guess its that old Freudian theory-"I'm ok, the whole world is messed up....."-sounds about right. Look, you can call me all the names you want, doesn't bother me in the least. Perhaps take off your rose colored glasses and consider the fact that for what seems like forever, THIS franchise has let its fans down year after year after year. You want to take jabs at the FANBASE? Tell me, Paolo, WHAT damn NFL team could continue to be completely and hopelessly irrelevant for 20 flippin years and still expect full respect/support from their fanbase? This front office has been a total JOKE for such a long time....name me the last good coach this team has had that doesn't end with ULA.....exactly. You must be receiving a monthly paycheck from this team the way you ride their dick like you do, again no offense. Ross has no clue, Philbin NEVER had a clue(still doesn't btw), and honestly I think Ross would be upgrading the coaching staff by bringing back Sparano. So go ahead and rip on our fanbase.....you're like a guy that is so in love with his pretty wife that you refuse to believe all the stories of infidelity on her part. Its called DENIAL....that's not a river in Egypt by the way.