• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

• Jimmy G.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Shanahan

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • They both stunk it up in the 4th and deserve equal blame

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G: Throw the ball over the outstretched hands of the defensive lineman...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of in the camp we saw the two best teams in the NFL last night- full stop. And that was a top-heavy NFL year at that. Ravens fans have an argument, but I am not sure it looks especially great right now.
I think those were the top 3. Ravens just had a classic bye-week choke job but I think they also played too reckless and Titans made a lot of key stops.

Saints had oline issues. They weren't matching up with either the Niners or Chiefs. Patriots were the Bears from last year - All D and no O.

You simulate the playoffs 100 times and 90+ times they'd be won by either the Chiefs, Niners, or Ravens imo.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of in the camp we saw the two best teams in the NFL last night- full stop. And that was a top-heavy NFL year at that. Ravens fans have an argument, but I am not sure it looks especially great right now.

When I was a kid, I used to be a firm believer that whichever team wins the playoffs is unquestionably the best team, but as I saw how other sports champions are determined (for example the round robin of the English Premier League), it made me see playoffs for what they really are. Your chances are better of course if you are one of the best teams, but you also have to be hot at the right time and many things need to bounce your way. Even the best teams usually have less than 50% chance of emerging as the winner of the tournament. The only recent example I can think of where a team clearly had more than 50% chance of being the champion was the Warriors with Durant.

As for the Ravens, I do believe that if they played the Titans a hundred times, they'd beat them quite often (maybe 60-70 times), and then they're in great position to make it to the Super Bowl. The Niners barely beat the Saints and they literally won a game by inches in the last game of the regular season. If they don't beat the Seahawks by inches, they probably don't even make the Super Bowl.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-3_13-25-27.png
    upload_2020-2-3_13-25-27.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 1

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile some Chief fans getting carried away.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine would be.

Shanahan - 40%
JG - 35%
D - 20% (they played well for more than 3 quarters and the SF offense did them no favors on the last 3-4 possessions)
Rest of the team - 5%
I blame most of that on Kyle. With 2nd and 5 with a couple minutes left in the game. 49rs are leading. 2-3 downs to get 5 yards and they pass twice. They should have run the ball and the game would have been over.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you saw the result, not the playcall. But, yes, the call did have Sanders open for a TD. There were other options on the play, too, ya know.

what's funny is if he hits the pass and they win the narrative wouldn't be how great a play it was or how well JG played......it would be that Reid proved he cannot win the big game.

Fans are comical.

Fans do that, too, but narratives are largely driven by sportswriters, who have to write about something, so they come up with narratives. The truth is that Andy Reid has always been an excellent coach.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you saw the result, not the playcall. But, yes, the call did have Sanders open for a TD. There were other options on the play, too, ya know.

what's funny is if he hits the pass and they win the narrative wouldn't be how great a play it was or how well JG played......it would be that Reid proved he cannot win the big game.

Fans are comical.
Lawd. I remember when Jason Whitlock was a thing locally and then Nick Wright.

Imagine that. We had some scorchers with narratives.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely nice to get the 800 pound sports gorilla off the back of the fanbase. Definitely a much different vibe when the Royals and Chiefs won it as opposed to Chelsea pasting the EPL or KU winning a natty in basketball. Now, if the Bears and my hockey team could stop being a bridesmaid, I'd be golden.

Right now, I am just trying to figure out what I am doing for the parade.

Then I got to worry about moving potentially.
i remember when indy won, and we all asked when the hay ride was.

i was quietly pulling for KC, for you guys, and for reid. i like seeing "we never win", win. only sometimes. sports needs perpetual losers. better story.

my first SB win, i was 25. I'm 44 now.

my best friends fiance leapt on me and kissed me, while he was outside smoking. caught me off guard. knew her for years.

"the patriots just won, so i dont know whats up or down right now. dont tell sean i did that. i just wanted to celebrate".

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was quietly pulling for KC, for you guys, and for reid. i like seeing "we never win", win. only sometimes. sports needs perpetual losers. better story.

my best friends fiance leapt on me and kissed me, while he was outside smoking. caught me off guard. knew her for years.

"the patriots just won, so i dont know whats up or down right now. dont tell sean i did that. i just wanted to celebrate".
Ha, what a coincidence. As I too am 25.

Good chance it's my last hoorah in the Midwest so it means a lot to me personally they got it done this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawd. I remember when Jason Whitlock was a thing locally and then Nick Wright.

Imagine that. We had some scorchers with narratives.

These people have to make a living, so I don't blame them, but I do wonder how much they really believe in the things they write and say. Would it be underestimating it to say that they only truly believe in 1 out of 10 positions that they take?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good chance it's my last hoorah in the Midwest so it means a lot to me personally they got it done this year.

Love your avatar.

Always like those smoking athlete shots. Dawson wouldn't have been somebody you'd have thought would have.

I recall the fur flying when SI had slugger Richie (call me Dick) Allen on the cover with a butt.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame most of that on Kyle. With 2nd and 5 with a couple minutes left in the game. 49rs are leading. 2-3 downs to get 5 yards and they pass twice. They should have run the ball and the game would have been over.
Unless they get o-2 yards on 2nd down and then need to throw on 3rd....and JG needing to throw is not a good thing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your avatar.

Always like those smoking athlete shots. Dawson wouldn't have been somebody you'd have thought would have.

I recall the fur flying when SI had slugger Richie (call me Dick) Allen on the cover with a butt.....
Could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Mahomes or Jimmy G took a smoke and some beer on the sideline today during the Super Bowl?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. That's awesome. Kiss on the lips? All of the Niner Super Bowl wins happened when I was a kid, so I was in no position to get such a kiss. Poor me. Great Niners childhood, but miserable adult life as a Niners fan. I guess I just have to accept it that I'll be living a life similar to what Bengals and Bills fan have experienced in their history. Close, but no cigar.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people have to make a living, so I don't blame them, but I do wonder how much they really believe in the things they write and say. Would it be underestimating it to say that they only truly believe in 1 out of 10 positions that they take?
Not at all.....they know the majority of fans are irrational. Most have their opinions and nothing will ever change it. They will believe any comment that supports the opinion and ignore all facts, logic or reason that refute their belief.

Funniest recent one here was when Mcdaniels was not hired as HC and many repeated the narrative that he took himself out of running because he'd have been forced to have Friday meetings to go over his gameplan.

No one repeating this thought to say, "uh...what if changes need to be made? It's Friday. when will we implement the changes?

Easy enough to rip the Browns. No need to make up absurd reasons.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sports need perpetual losers but sports needs the elite stars that can be the heroes or villains. Brady and Peyton were the best thing to ever happen to the NFL. Right now its Wilson and Rodgers in the NFC and Mahomes and Watson in the AFC but they aren't on that Brady v Peyton level that really makes the sport something that everyone can follow.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good for you. 25 was fun. its all a blur now. you'll blink and you're 40. where ya off to?