• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Clausen - Let's trade for him

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. I do not like him. I also think it's stupid to trade for anyone who will only be a bridge for a year. I know everyone wants to do better this year, but that's short sighted thinking.

One exception I'll add to this, is Josh Johnson. I'd like to see him united with Harbaugh. I'm not sure how likely it is that he succeeds, but I'd be willing to take a chance on rebuilding their chemistry. Even if it only turns into a one year bridge, it seems like a nice worthy risk.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Tyone off the streets before JC, the guy is as bad as Alex, please think before you post

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:

He would flourish under Harbaugh. The kid will be a good / great QB in the leauge. Let's acquire him before his value becomes too expansive.:director:

:bolt:

Bingo, sorry bro but I'm just not feeling it. Clausen had his chance to perform in big games for ND but for just didn't have that extra quality to pull out games for them. Despite some good talent surrounding him, he really blew it. He got drafted as high as he did based on inaccurate prognostication from scouts/etc the way Rick Mirer and Brady Quinn did. Carolina drafting Cam Newton no. 1 overall says a lot about how they feel about Clausen.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:bolt:

Bingo, sorry bro but I'm just not feeling it. Clausen had his chance to perform in big games for ND but for just didn't have that extra quality to pull out games for them. Despite some good talent surrounding him, he really blew it. He got drafted as high as he did based on inaccurate prognostication from scouts/etc the way Rick Mirer and Brady Quinn did. Carolina drafting Cam Newton no. 1 overall says a lot about how they feel about Clausen.

Yosh, what's going on my dude!? I'm still looking for sick a$$ Ronnie Lott avatar. Hook the kid up...!

As far as Jimmy Clausen, the kid has a big upside. I'm telling you, he's going to turn a new leaf over in 2011. It amazes me how fast people here tend to back up Alex with excuses after so many seasons, yet these same folks are fast to rule out JC after his rookie season. Ask yourself this question, what if he experiences the same circumstances at Drew Brees did?! Anyway, the Panthers are sitting pretty right now with 2 potential quality QBs. Both of them have big flaws, but big upside as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yosh, what's going on my dude!? I'm still looking for sick a$$ Ronnie Lott avatar. Hook the kid up...!

As far as Jimmy Clausen, the kid has a big upside. I'm telling you, he's going to turn a new leaf over in 2011. It amazes me how fast people here tend to back up Alex with excuses after so many seasons, yet these same folks are fast to rule out JC after his rookie season. Ask yourself this question, what if he experiences the same circumstances at Drew Brees did?! Anyway, the Panthers are sitting pretty right now with 2 potential quality QBs. Both of them have big flaws, but big upside as well.

Not too sure about the Dreew Brees scenario, cause Brees was playing well even at SD.

Clausen, just don't see it. If the the upside is truly there, why draft Newton?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not too sure about the Dreew Brees scenario, cause Brees was playing well even at SD.

Clausen, just don't see it. If the the upside is truly there, why draft Newton?

During his early career he had a rough time in San Diego. His first three years he played like :ss:

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No secret I’m all about JC in a Niner uniform. I think Jimmy mentally in Carolina is going to be in a rough spot this year. New regime, #1 overall pick behind him, horrible season last year (entire team) with fans clamoring for a spark. I believe Jimmy has the tools but it’s going to take the right situation and it obviously won’t be Carolina unless Cam gets in a few regular season starts and just implodes (which I have no bias either way)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As far as Jimmy Clausen, the kid has a big upside. I'm telling you, he's going to turn a new leaf over in 2011.

You may not want to promote a QB and use the word "Leaf" in the same sentence. It's not a good omen. :)

...I think people have more patience for Alex Smith than Jimmy Clausen because Alex has more talent than Jimmy does. Alex is at least good enough to be a backup QB. Mr. Pickel, on the other hand, is like Tebow IMO: simply not up the talent level of the NFL. I know a couple of you disagree, but I wouldn't have even drafted the guy in the 5th round.

Also name one QB who's ben punched in the face by a fan of his college team & succeeded in the NFL.... ....Exactly.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because Jimmy clausen is a doush bag!!! His mr. Entitlement...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its anything to ponder about... the entire panel of Around the Horn basically dissed Clausen as a NFL starting QB.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as Jimmy Clausen, the kid has a big upside. I'm telling you, he's going to turn a new leaf over in 2011.

You may not want to promote a QB and use the word "Leaf" in the same sentence. It's not a good omen. :)

...I think people have more patience for Alex Smith than Jimmy Clausen because Alex has more talent than Jimmy does. Alex is at least good enough to be a backup QB. Mr. Pickel, on the other hand, is like Tebow IMO: simply not up the talent level of the NFL. I know a couple of you disagree, but I wouldn't have even drafted the guy in the 5th round.

Also name one QB who's ben punched in the face by a fan of his college team & succeeded in the NFL.... ....Exactly.

Jimmy Clausen has a stronger arm and can put more velocity behind his passes than Alex Smith. I guess you're talking about how Smith is faster than Jimmy?

Other than not liking Clausen's personality, what do people dislike about his QB play? and why is Smith's any better?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Clausen has a stronger arm and can put more velocity behind his passes than Alex Smith. I guess you're talking about how Smith is faster than Jimmy?

Other than not liking Clausen's personality, what do people dislike about his QB play? and why is Smith's any better?

The last i saw Clausen play in the NFL, he had some terrible accruacy problems....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Let's not pretend Jimmy Clausen is Kyle Boller here. He has a decent arm.

His play, on the other hand, is definitely Boller like. There's more to talent at QB than arm strength and a 40 time. Seeing the field, footwork, release, quick decision making, throwing on the run, good attention to perifierals, feeling the rush, keeping cool when the pocket is small, etc etc etc. Neither Alex nor Mr. Pickel is very good at these things, but Alex is better IMO.

what do people dislike about his QB play? and why is Smith's any better?

Clausen is a light weight (figuratively). There isn't any aspect of his game he does really well. At least Alex is really good at throwing on the run while rolling to his right (defenses know that though & scheme against it).

Kaepernick > Jimmy.

"Jimmy likes Elaine."
"Jimmy's down!"

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Let's not pretend Jimmy Clausen is Kyle Boller here. He has a decent arm.

His play, on the other hand, is definitely Boller like. There's more to talent at QB than arm strength and a 40 time. Seeing the field, footwork, release, quick decision making, throwing on the run, good attention to perifierals, feeling the rush, keeping cool when the pocket is small, etc etc etc. Neither Alex nor Mr. Pickel is very good at these things, but Alex is better IMO.

what do people dislike about his QB play? and why is Smith's any better?

Clausen is a light weight (figuratively). There isn't any aspect of his game he does really well. At least Alex is really good at throwing on the run while rolling to his right (defenses know that though & scheme against it).

Kaepernick > Jimmy.

"Jimmy likes Elaine."
"Jimmy's down!"

IMO, Clausen coming out of college didn't have pocket awareness and he still has yet to learn to instinctively feel the rush. In college he was aggressive when attacking the defense, it seems since coming to the NFL he has regressed in that regard. He still throws a pretty deep ball. No idea what you're talking about when you say Alex Smith is really good at rolling and throwing to the right. The only instances I remember Alex rolling right, was into pressure, to throw the ball out of bounds.

Panthers were in desperate need of an OC last year. Moore, St Pierre, Pike, and Clausen both put up some rather embarrassing yards per attempt department. They went out and got Rob Chudzinski this year. I predict we see a much better Clausen (which compared to last year isn't saying too much) but that's only if the fans don't get what they want(for Newton to start).

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No problem bro, although I need about a couple of weeks to get that avatar down. I pretty much post here on the late night before having a busy morning the following day and free days are hard to come by. I'll put something together and you let me know how it works for you.

I'm still not feeling Clausen bro. I've seen him play at ND quite a bit and for what it's worth, he just couldn't carry that team to the next level. Granted, ND had defensive issues while JC was there but the offensive talent was there, yet he couldn't pull it off.