• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets to use "variable pricing" to "better reflect the value of and expected demand for each game"

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i like throwing away my money"

-idiots

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its smart shopping.

guy i get them from on the reg on craigslist sells them under the ticket value. he has 5 sets of season tickets in his immediate family.

my tickets, for example, WERE $225.00 ea

i got a pair for $200
Resales of tickets is a classic example of supply/demand.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were truly doing variable pricing, they'd be paying fans to attend most of their games.

Beat me to it.

Figured that tickets would be free unless NE or another good team was coming to town.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just hop on craigslist. ive never been screwed. last game i went to, endzone seats right on the first "lip" of a deck ring, corner...perfect seats.

$100 each.
I tried to get tickets to the green bay opening game. Bought two tickets for $300 total I think from a scalper and they were fakes. That walk of shame back out of line was way worse than the lose of the money. I was devastated. Then I drank. Then we pounded Green Bay, and I became happy again

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ticket prices can be nasty if you have a winning team with a good fan base across the country.

If you go to stub hub and look at all the Packer away games you will see that when the Packers come to town that they have the highest cost tickets. Even when GB goes to San fran those tickets are more then when Seattle goes there.

At home the upper end zone start in the low $200s except the MN game on Jan 3rd starts at $180.

The hope opener if running like $350 for the upper end zone and the Thursday night Thanksgiving is starting $425 for upper end zone for each ticket

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resales of tickets is a classic example of supply/demand.
patriots have i believe the third longest wait for season tickets behind the packers and redskins.

like 15 years.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? = is "Fieman-Ed" un-retiring.......?,........anybody know........?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when they're 3-10 the last 3 games will be free to attend?

ever wonder what Jests management does at the end of the season?

th

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its smart shopping.

guy i get them from on the reg on craigslist sells them under the ticket value. he has 5 sets of season tickets in his immediate family.

i got a pair for $200

Let's be honest here Rock, he is also your "Supplier"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriots have i believe the third longest wait for season tickets behind the packers and redskins.

like 15 years.

That's not much actually. I know the Giants are around 30 years. Quick wikipedia search (I know), Titans, Eagles, Bears, Packers, Steelers and Broncos have more as well, with couple "unknowns". New England is at the 12 year mark, which is still insane to think about. Steelers lead the way with a 50 year waiting list.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not much actually. I know the Giants are around 30 years. Quick wikipedia search (I know), Titans, Eagles, Bears, Packers, Steelers and Broncos have more as well, with couple "unknowns". New England is at the 12 year mark, which is still insane to think about. Steelers lead the way with a 50 year waiting list.
wiki is always wrong. never cite open source. its open source for a reason.

its why they have "unknown".

its known.

this list is much better...some of the info is a few years old, but nothing really has changed.

The Season Tickets Waiting List Directory

it does NCAA too

New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List
The New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List is one of the deepest waiting lists in the NFL. Since 1994, the Patriots have made the playoffs 12 times, making it to the Super Bowl on five different occasions. With the Patriots consistently contending for the AFC Crown, their fans are some of the most loyal in the NFL. 68,756-seat Gillette Stadium has been soldout every year since 2003. We reported last year that the New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List was closing in on 52,000. The Patriots also boast that season ticket renewals are nearly 99%. We estimated a fifty year wait if you signed up for the waiting list last year. I think that estimation is wrong, the wait time is probably closer to 100 years. Bob Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, in an interview last week shared some intriguing news:

From WEEI.com Big Show on March 9, 2010:

We didn’t use PSLs and it’s really because of the great fan base we have here. We’re now privileged to have over 60,000 people on the waiting list. We have to be very careful that we’re continuously meeting the demands of the fans and that were putting a quality product on and it’s something that they feel comfortable coming here and make it a full day of entertainment.There you have it and from the man himself. The Patriots have 60,000 on the waiting list and a 99% renewal rate for Patriots season tickets. Sign up today and your great-grandchildren will cherish your memory forever.
For more information about the New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List, please visit the Patriots official website atPatriots.com. There is a $100 deposit to sign up for the Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List that is credited towards your purchase of Patriots season tickets.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Titans? :scratch:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiki is always wrong. never cite open source. its open source for a reason.

its why they have "unknown".

its known.

this list is much better...some of the info is a few years old, but nothing really has changed.

The Season Tickets Waiting List Directory

it does NCAA too

New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List
The New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List is one of the deepest waiting lists in the NFL. Since 1994, the Patriots have made the playoffs 12 times, making it to the Super Bowl on five different occasions. With the Patriots consistently contending for the AFC Crown, their fans are some of the most loyal in the NFL. 68,756-seat Gillette Stadium has been soldout every year since 2003. We reported last year that the New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List was closing in on 52,000. The Patriots also boast that season ticket renewals are nearly 99%. We estimated a fifty year wait if you signed up for the waiting list last year. I think that estimation is wrong, the wait time is probably closer to 100 years. Bob Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, in an interview last week shared some intriguing news:

From WEEI.com Big Show on March 9, 2010:

We didn’t use PSLs and it’s really because of the great fan base we have here. We’re now privileged to have over 60,000 people on the waiting list. We have to be very careful that we’re continuously meeting the demands of the fans and that were putting a quality product on and it’s something that they feel comfortable coming here and make it a full day of entertainment.There you have it and from the man himself. The Patriots have 60,000 on the waiting list and a 99% renewal rate for Patriots season tickets. Sign up today and your great-grandchildren will cherish your memory forever.
For more information about the New England Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List, please visit the Patriots official website atPatriots.com. There is a $100 deposit to sign up for the Patriots Season Ticket Waiting List that is credited towards your purchase of Patriots season tickets.

This site does not look reliable at all. Most of the information is from 5 years ago and this looks like some random dude decided to scan the internet for tidbits.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site does not look reliable at all. Most of the information is from 5 years ago and this looks like some random dude decided to scan the internet for tidbits.
yup...and i frankly said that as well.

but its not open source at least. funny...when i was at cbs, and kobe bryant raped that girl...i changed eagle, colorados wiki page to say "where kobe rapes bitches" to win an argument.

it stayed up for 2 weeks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline should say: Jets trying to figure out how to get people in the stadium for shitty games...

Any time the Jets are out of it by the end of the year I get offered countless tickets to go to the games for nothing and never go...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline should say: Jets trying to figure out how to get people in the stadium for shitty games...

Any time the Jets are out of it by the end of the year I get offered countless tickets to go to the games for nothing and never go...

It used to be great when I was in college because I didn't have much money and didn't care about burning a Sunday since every day felt like a Sunday in college. Now? I like being home on Sundays.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be great when I was in college because I didn't have much money and didn't care about burning a Sunday since every day felt like a Sunday in college. Now? I like being home on Sundays.

Plus I feel like if I go to a game I miss all the other games. If I was a Jet fan, sure, but I'd rather watch the Cowboys on tv than the Jets in person.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its smart shopping.

i got a pair for $200

Yeah, but they were against the Jets.....