• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Take QB Bryce Petty. What About Geno Smith & Ryan Fitzpatrick?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they moved up to do it!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty is better right now than Geno Smith, and I am not a Jets fan so I couldn't care less, but that is from watching these two guys. He'll be the starter on Day 1, 2016. Can sit and learn Chan Gailey's scheme's, learn from Geno's mistakes and from Fitzpatrick's intelligence. Good trade up for the Jets to get Bryce. Has all the tools to finally succeed as a QB in a Jets uniform.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Geno Smith even going to be on the Week 1 roster? Or are they hoping to "fix" him now that Wrex is gone?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great pick by the Jets, and they should start him right away and cut slingload on Geno. You got some good weapons to work with there, and they need to let Petty grow with them while expectations are still low.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't annoint anyone as starter. Declare an open competition and see who is left standing. If lucky they might be able to trade whichever vet is #2 or #3 on the depth chart.

Oops disregard. I forgot we were talking about Jet QBs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong team imo. Petty is not a game manager and thats what he will be if jets have a top five defense. Not only that he has to play up to Brady until he's done. And his personal beliefs, we know how jets treated Tebow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno sucks. Fitzpatrick is serviceable. Why not take a QB. Not sure Petty is the guy though...

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little bit surprised by this announcement coming this early and from Gailey that Geno Smith was the starting QB. I did think there'd be somewhat of a competition, but I also understand the reasoning behind the decision. Fitzpatrick may be familiar with Gailey's offense, but he isn't a long term solution. He's merely a stopgap and, if all else fails, a good fallback option. Even though I may not be a Geno enthusiast, I don't think he's been given a good chance to develop. Previous management was incapable of developing an offense, yet alone a quarterback. It may be my optimism getting the best of me, but I believe the new coaches may be able to extract the confident play out of Geno that we've seen at the end of the past two seasons.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just released former Tennessee Vols QB Matt Simms. He is a solid guy but he is a backup QB who doesn't have the arm or makeup to be a starter. Maybe he can catch on as a backup in the right situation, but he couldn't the job his senior year in college, so he's not all of a sudden going to become a no 1 QB.

I wonder if he gets another shot with some other team?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just released former Tennessee Vols QB Matt Simms. He is a solid guy but he is a backup QB who doesn't have the arm or makeup to be a starter. Maybe he can catch on as a backup in the right situation, but he couldn't the job his senior year in college, so he's not all of a sudden going to become a no 1 QB.

I wonder if he gets another shot with some other team?

If he hasn't been able to stick with the Jets, who have been in QB hell for years now, then I can't imagine he'd be more than a practice squad player anywhere else. Who knows though.