• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Richardson Speaks on Greg Hardy Situation

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. suddenly that Kony Ealy pick is looking like a brilliant move

Ealy was just in case we lost Hardy or let Johnson go. Even before all this lots of the local media said that we were just renting Hardy for 1 more year.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Judge has already convicted him but he gets his case also heard by a jury. Seems strange to me to do both. Anyway..the fact a Judge convicted him makes you wonder about the Panthers decision to come very close to playing him last Sunday.

In NC (and probably most other states) for ANY criminal case you are entitled to a trial by jury. Bench Trials (judge only) are usually done in misdemeanors, and Hardy's case is a misdemeanor, to speed things up and save money. However, in a Bench Trial only one person must be convinced of guilt or innocence. In a Jury Trial, 12 must be convinced of guilt. This is known as the Legal Process and it was set up to protect the rights of everyone.

Personally, I'm starting to think if he had been allowed to do the 60 days this whole thing would be over. (He got 60 days suspended and 18 months probation)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know Ealy was a value pick i was just saying it looks better now.

and your prolly right about Hardy, it is deffinutly possible if he had taken his sentence this would be over or at least nearly over rather than whats going on right now.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was convicted back in June, most likely would have served 4-5 weeks, maybe got suspended for a game or 2.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe people are tiredof watching pro athletes do some of the things they have done and are allowedto just walk away and get no real repercussions for their actions.

Greg Hardy was not treated differently. Look at what most people get for misdemeanor assault convictions. His sentence was in line for that.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ealy was just in case we lost Hardy or let Johnson go. Even before all this lots of the local media said that we were just renting Hardy for 1 more year.

Yeah, and I questioned the decision to tag him then. Kraken is good, but I feel like the Panthers real strength is in their middle 3 - good DT rotation and MLB. This team can generally stuff it up the middle, and that benefits any decent pass rushers*. With that $, might have held on to Mitchell, Ginn, maybe Captain (though I thought the price was too high, there). Now looks like 12 mil might go for naught.

As to the 'renting', yeah, I think that's pretty obvious, with the need to pay Cam after this season (and Luke next, if we can hold on to him).

*Although RR said at the press conference that Addison is more of an around-the-edge guy, who can get caught up, lacks the ability to power through the tackle.