• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Richardson Speaks on Greg Hardy Situation

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is toast even though the full story is not known

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is toast even though the full story is not known

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like you are correct. Hardy has been tried, convicted, and sentenced to execution in the court of public opinion. It is getting to the point that facts do not matter. This is really a he said/she said situation. The NFL is so concerned about it's image that it is willing to do almost anything to placate those shouting the loudest. Hardy might wind up being the sacrificial lamb in this case.

Let the process play out, then decide.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There really is not much that can be done about this,even in a he said she said scenario in most courts you are guilty anyway. Franklythere are a lot of pushing going on about this most notably because of the RayRice issue. But I think this goes deeper than that. I believe people are tiredof watching pro athletes do some of the things they have done and are allowedto just walk away and get no real repercussions for their actions. I believe weare seeing the culmination of many years of frustration from fans and othersand the ray rice incident was the tipping of the iceberg. Hardy just happens tohave done something stupid at around the same time.

Am I making any sense here? lol

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You are totally making sense. There is a feeling amongst the common folk - like us - that athletes feel that they have a sense of entitlement and that whatever issues they may cause will be quietly handled for them. The same could be said of politicians in general. They should be given the same treatment as everyone else on all issues. The flip side of that is that they should be given the same treatment as everyone else on all issues. i.e. do not over react until the facts are know and the issue is settled.
Hell you have the Governor of CA and the Mayor of SF calling for McDonalds suspension even though he has yet to be charged. It is out of hand from both directions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It got out of hand in one direction, the only real way tobring it back to balance to to go overboard the other direction to force it backto balance.

Basically they allowed so much to go and did nothing,that the only way to fix it per say is to go above and beyond what is actuallyneeded to reign it in. in a year or two you will see it rebalance itself out. Itsjust going to take some time.

Perfect example is the head to head collisions. Everyone wasscreaming that the NFL was ruining the game and such. But look at it now. Most ofthose hits are now gone and they are still knocking each other out... iteventually balanced itself out we just had to endure the initial growing pains.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. I like your reasoning more than I like mine.

The whole thing still chaps my ass from both directions though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mine too a little. I mean the Peterson situation isunique in of itself. And then Rice and Hardy's situation are verydifferent. Mcdonald unlike both of themis face a felony domestic violence charge so his is actually the worse one.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Judge has already convicted him but he gets his case also heard by a jury. Seems strange to me to do both. Anyway..the fact a Judge convicted him makes you wonder about the Panthers decision to come very close to playing him last Sunday.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine too a little. I mean the Peterson situation isunique in of itself. And then Rice and Hardy's situation are verydifferent. Mcdonald unlike both of themis face a felony domestic violence charge so his is actually the worse one.

McDonald beat on his pregnant girlfriend which will bring even harsher punishment from the league. I don't know if her being pregnant makes any difference in Calif law as to the charges he faces there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Riveria wants to play him, but Gettleman and definitelyRichardson are the ones say no.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that sounds about right. I cannot speak to Californiastate law, but I do know when a woman is pregnant she is more vulnerable andsubject to injury than normal so that may/may not explain why it’s a felony. But don’t quote me

I do believe tho that based on the charges filedMcdonalds is worse, Rice is just a complete failure and fuck up on the justicesystems part. Really made the justice system look like a mockery with the dealthey offered him. And the there is Hardy's. but in his case a judge did saythere was enough evident to convict so there is that. Either way knowingRichardson, Hardy is done as a Panther unless he allows them to resign himwhich would go against a lot of what he has done since Rae Carruth

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Nope
Hardy is done as a Panther. It is now best to put him on that special leave as dispensed by the commish. He will still get paid but is no longer in official contact with the team or facilities. That way we can just move on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. suddenly that Kony Ealy pick is looking like a brilliant move

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
yup. suddenly that Kony Ealy pick is looking like a brilliant move

Definitely PFF
I halfway think they were reading the tea leaves with that pick. I don't know that they knew it would get this bad, but I think they had no plans to resign him because of the girlfriend issue coupled with the fact that they are going to need some righteous bucks to tie up Cam and Luke.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely PFF
I halfway think they were reading the tea leaves with that pick. I don't know that they knew it would get this bad, but I think they had no plans to resign him because of the girlfriend issue coupled with the fact that they are going to need some righteous bucks to tie up Cam and Luke.

I believe if this had come out before he signed that franchise tender they would not have franchised him at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we are see a new process forming by the NFL. if you do something like sexual assault, domestic violence ect.., you go on the exempt list untill your case is resolved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe we are seeing a new process for handling thesecases forming by the NFL. If you are charged with domestic violence, sexualassault, ect..., you go on the exempt list until after your trial has concluded.Then they will punish you if guilty

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
"taps playing in the background"

We could start a betting pool on where he will land.

I say New England