• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones accused of undermining the NFL

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-biting owners make bad business partners... dysfunctional.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fun to hear when a billionaire gets slapped around a little

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CwYKt7nWEAA_RJy.jpg

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is he has severely angered some other powerful owners including Arthur Blank. I think Jerry is on thin ice. He won't be asked to sell but he is being put on notice that his days of calling shots in the NFL are over.

Jerry Jones taught a lesson by fellow owners: He's not as powerful as he once was

No time for pleasantries: Jerry Jones, Arthur Blank avoid each other

Can't imagine Kraft and Mara (also on the compensation committee) are too thrilled with him either...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the shit kicking Atlanta gave Dallas last week helped things between Jones and Blank.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, don't go out like a bitch Jerry Jones. I guess everybody's not Al Davis.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The letter, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, says Mr. Jones’s “antics, whatever their motivation, are damaging the League.”

Gee, maybe if Goofball had done something about the "anthem antics" by certain players, this wouldn't be such an issue. Goofball also decided to come down hard on Zeke despite no finding of criminal behavior, and against the advice of his own investigators who looked into it.

Goofball thinks he's God, and likes to make assumptions to cover his decisions instead of basing things on facts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is he has severely angered some other powerful owners including Arthur Blank. I think Jerry is on thin ice. He won't be asked to sell but he is being put on notice that his days of calling shots in the NFL are over.

Jerry Jones taught a lesson by fellow owners: He's not as powerful as he once was

Bullshit. He has made the owners more money than Goodell has. He still is as powerful as ever.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all posturing. There is nothing the NFL can or will do to Jerry. He can burn the whole fucking thing to the ground and they all know it. M.A.D. baby. They piss with Jerry and he will ruin the NFL. You know he has collusion information and all the dirty laundry no one at the NFL office wants getting out. Jerry isn't stupid enough to kill the golden goose either, but he knows Goodell has to go for the good of the NFL. Too bad some idiot owners won't understand that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blank is a ultra nice...rather low key man. JJ called him a liar pretty much to his face when Blank said that they had needed majority of the owners support to move forward with RG's extension.

Blank didn't take too kindly to being called a liar and fired back quickly...the way this is playing out...Blank appears to be right...whatever support JJ had is gone and he looks like the rogue owner that wants to rock the boat.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all posturing. There is nothing the NFL can or will do to Jerry. He can burn the whole fucking thing to the ground and they all know it. M.A.D. baby. They piss with Jerry and he will ruin the NFL. You know he has collusion information and all the dirty laundry no one at the NFL office wants getting out. Jerry isn't stupid enough to kill the golden goose either, but he knows Goodell has to go for the good of the NFL. Too bad some idiot owners won't understand that.

u-mad-you-real-58bdf36040e1ef11248084ee-gs.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think it's posturing, but no one owner will take down the NFL. Collusion, steroids, CTE, dirty laudry...imo the only thing that would kill the NFL is if the word FIXED was uncovered and applied.

JJ has a LOT of money tied up into the Cowboys and JerryWorld...he'd be stupid to ruin that for his own legacy and for his son who one day will probably run the Cowboys.

FWIW...I don't think JJ is the only owner that feels the same way, but they have mostly stayed quiet and or backed off. It really sounds like the owners had the vote to do this, and thought this was a done deal. Jerry just didn't want to accept it....as obvious as it seems...the Zeke deal came into play...to be honest I can't blame Jerry...I would have a change of heart too, but creating this firestorm does no one any good.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the whole thing was a tantrum by Jerry because he didn't have the votes to oust Goodell.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's lawyer will simply play the video of Jerry Jones being inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame for his contributions to the League, which other than winning three rings was entirely about making the League money. Then he'll ask how a man who made the entire league so many billions could be detrimental for not wanting to give $50M a year to a Commish who has more egg on his face in the last year than a two year old at IHOP. Then they'll board the party bus back to Texas

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a beer with Jerry than a glass of Chablis with Roger.

Bingo.

But I'd still try to avoid it....

JJ is right. Goodell isn't all that and then some and there should be no rush to sign him up. Especially at that price.

Name a free agent option Goodell has?

Any number of hacks could come in and do what Goodell has done for less.