• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Carter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pains me to say it, because just two years ago, this guy would carry the team to victories as the only goal scorer on the team, but I am on the Trade Jeff Carter Bandwagon. He just doesn't look the same since his Achilles cut (Or NOT Achilles cut, since the Kings never said he cut it) and he honestly just cruises around aimlessly. But you look at how he's never been the same, and then comments in the summer about he was only in training camp getting to be about 80% of where he was (and also saying "He might never be the same"), and you gotta accept that this is maybe just the new Jeff Carter.

3 more years at $5.273 mil/year is not insane, but it's certainly significant.

I think Kovalchuk looks pretty decent, but if you get legit interest from the Isles or whoever, you have to really consider taking them up on an offer.

Lewis and Clifford with another year after this one, so you also entertain moving either/both of them. They could really help a contender as bottom 6 guys who come from a defensive scheme.

Hagelin won't be retained, so if you get some peanuts for him, you probably do that one to.

Guys we can't move:
Phaneuf for this year plus 2.
Brown for this year plus 3.

Doughty's new extension kicks in next year, so you're adding in $4mil/year for just him.
Iaffalo, Kempe, Amadio, Leipsic, Cal Peterson need new deals as well.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks absolutely awful. When the Kings acquired him from Blue Jackets his attitude there was awful and if he is not still injured that's a lot of what it looks like now. Kings are much worse when he is in the lineup; he has become worse than useless. Please be able to trade him for something worthwhile and maybe the new team will get something like what the Kings got in '12.