• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Jays at Mariners Thread

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Ackley can do no wrong right now

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let this be the Ackley that we've all been waiting for!

Morales also had a very productive night as well. Hoping this is a sign that he's going to turn it around. His bat in that 4 spot would be a huge boost for us if he can play anything like he did last year

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jay's fans last night were ridiculous, almost like they felt the need to shove Canadian bullshit down our throats, I found them more annoying than the Red Sox fans and that's saying something. I can't go to the next two games but will watch from home. I just hope Mariner fans get to the ballpark and drown out the Jay "fans"

I was there last night and while I didn't like the fact that our ballpark basically got taken over by opposing fans, I will say that the Jays fans I talked to seemed like good people who were just really excited to be able to see their team in person, as most of them live either in BC or Alberta and found the trip here easier than the trip east to Toronto. Having been to my share of games when the Sox and Yankees have come to town and Safeco was invaded by Sox and Yankee fans as well, I've found the Jays fans to be far less obnoxious in general. It's just that they show up in such big numbers usually that it seems worse than it is.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people like Maurer on here, but I think we should've traded him when we had the chance. He has good stuff, but frequently has innings like that.

Since he became a reliever on a permanent basis, I've noticed fewer innings like that than when he was still a starter. Bullpen arms seem to be easier to find than starters, so I'm not opposed to trading him, but unless he's part of a package I don't know what you'd expect to get back.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there last night and while I didn't like the fact that our ballpark basically got taken over by opposing fans, I will say that the Jays fans I talked to seemed like good people who were just really excited to be able to see their team in person, as most of them live either in BC or Alberta and found the trip here easier than the trip east to Toronto. Having been to my share of games when the Sox and Yankees have come to town and Safeco was invaded by Sox and Yankee fans as well, I've found the Jays fans to be far less obnoxious in general. It's just that they show up in such big numbers usually that it seems worse than it is.
Meh, I see your point. Now 2-0, thanks for your money. Now go home :nod:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there tonight. Blue Jay fans were pretty quiet. Mariner fans outnumbered them at least 4-1.
I didn't hear a single outburst from them, unlike those obnoxious Met fans when they were in town.

Sure liking Taylor, NOT having Hart in the lineup, and Ackley turning it on. Oh and that pitching staff is top shelf.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there tonight. Blue Jay fans were pretty quiet. Mariner fans outnumbered them at least 4-1.
I didn't hear a single outburst from them, unlike those obnoxious Met fans when they were in town.

Sure liking Taylor, NOT having Hart in the lineup, and Ackley turning it on. Oh and that pitching staff is top shelf.
Where were you sitting? I thought there were definitely more Jays fans tonight than M's fans, but the way the game played out kept them more in check.

I think every Jays fan at that game was in either a jersey or hat. I was in the RF seats and was surrounded by blue. They really do support that team when they can, which I think is a byproduct of having 1 MLB team for all of Canada. For many of those who want to see their team play, coming to Seattle is a much easier trip than across a continent.

There were plenty of Lets Go BlueJays chants early on. The first inning was a loud one for them. After we took the lead and Young settled in though they didn't have much to cheer for.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the presence of Blue Jays fans, as big as it is in-person, also tends to get played up for the TV audience as well. It's still a big presence in-person, but with the way the microphones are placed and with the number of camera shots we got of the Jays fans in attendance the last couple of nights, it seemed like there were more of them there than there probably were. I think ROOT is doing that on purpose to kind of get Mariners fans watching on TV to realize that if they don't get tickets and come out to the games, this is what can happen.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the presence of Blue Jays fans, as big as it is in-person, also tends to get played up for the TV audience as well. It's still a big presence in-person, but with the way the microphones are placed and with the number of camera shots we got of the Jays fans in attendance the last couple of nights, it seemed like there were more of them there than there probably were. I think ROOT is doing that on purpose to kind of get Mariners fans watching on TV to realize that if they don't get tickets and come out to the games, this is what can happen.

I have NO problem with the Canadians supporting the city of Seattle. We stopped in Marysville for dinner and the waitress said she sold $1,000 more in alcohol than usual. Not sure what % that is, but she was happy.

The influx of BlueJay Fans is great, no reflection on M's fans at all. Just win and they (M's Fans) will come. Can't stop Jays fans from coming. These people have like 6-7 chances to see their team, so bring them on and let them buy our beer. Most Jays fans I saw had a beer (or two), but they behaved well in Left Field.:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have a problem with Blue Jay fans for the most part. You couldn't really call them bandwagon fans like the Yankees or Red Sox because the franchise hasn't done anything in 20 years. For the fans in BC its probably there only chance to see a game all year.
However it can be annoying when they over cheer for a simple ground out or something like that

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually loved the fact that the Jays fans are going to Safeco to watch, it is the only team in Canada and have fans all across that country. Especially for the people that lives in BC that can rarely make trips to Toronto to watch a baseball game. I think it's good that they root for their team and come down here whenever they have the chance.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it does piss me to hear more Blue Jays fans than Mariner fans, as said before, most fans are in the Vancouver BC area and only have few small chances to see them, so I think it's awesome that they're supporting their team they only get to see once or twice a year.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it, to it, M's! Smack them pesky Maple leaf Jays, again ... would you, please? Good luck!:thumb:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales again! 2-0 good guys

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is on fire. I've said this a lot but the key difference between this year and other years is that we aren't going into those huge spirals. We might have some bad series but we aren't seeing 5+ game losing streaks that absolutely wreck any chance at being .500. And as much as I bag on Z, he's built an awesome pitching staff that would give any team in MLB fits in a post-season series.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Morrison is going good. His outs are hit hard too.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Blue Jays play defense really makes me appreciate how well our guys field

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Summer Training may be over for Morales