• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Gruden turns down the Colts.

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to PFT.

Well, hm. Guess the guy really is loyal. Why wouldn't you want to work with Peyton and/or Luck?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's insane. If the Bengals tank next yr he won't be getting another chance at these interviews...

And for a young offensive-minded coach getting a head coaching job as Luck comes in as a rookie QB is the ideal scenario

he must have a handshake deal to get the spot after ML's contact expires next yr

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only logical explanation is that the rumor is bogus.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That job is not as attractive as it might seem..... Peyton might need to be released with no compensation. They'll draft Luck, but there isn't a lot of talent on the roster - That much was clear last year. It's a major rebuilding job and the next coach could be axed before seeing any real progress.

Jay's an odd guy..... They say he turned down tons of position coach jobs in the NFL for years because he wanted to stay in the UFL.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts are a train wreck for at least 2 years,I wouldn't go either

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That job is not as attractive as it might seem..... Peyton might need to be released with no compensation. They'll draft Luck, but there isn't a lot of talent on the roster - That much was clear last year. It's a major rebuilding job and the next coach could be axed before seeing any real progress.

Jay's an odd guy..... They say he turned down tons of position coach jobs in the NFL for years because he wanted to stay in the UFL.

I believe it was because he wanted to stay in Florida near family. He finally decided to come to the NFL when the Florida team he was coaching was moving to another state...or something of the like.

There is something else going on here. Before we even played our playoff game, Gruden showed interest in the Jacksonville job. No reason that when the playoffs are over he would outright turn down a coaching possibility. So, either as Kramer said, it's a bogus rumor, or Mikey boy guaranteed him the HC position next season.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously bullshit. No one in their right mind would willingly stay in this organization for the same or better position elsewhere.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was because he wanted to stay in Florida near family. He finally decided to come to the NFL when the Florida team he was coaching was moving to another state...or something of the like.

There is something else going on here. Before we even played our playoff game, Gruden showed interest in the Jacksonville job. No reason that when the playoffs are over he would outright turn down a coaching possibility. So, either as Kramer said, it's a bogus rumor, or Mikey boy guaranteed him the HC position next season.

I've thought of this as well, but then I keep coming back to the fact that it's the Bengals. Why would anyone value the HC job with Cincy vs. the head coaching job anywhere else? I suppose job security is much better and that could be a factor, but potential to win is not as high.

Then again, we do draft extremely well. We're 10th in the league in drafted guys still playing football. Who-Dey!

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a no-brainer.
The Bengals are AMERICA's TEAM!
Why would you even consider the Colts???

Anyway, after we win the Super Bowl next season, the guy will have any job he wants. Probably hold out until Lewis would retire is my guess.