• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarret Stoll arrested for cocaine

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details of Kings center Jarret Stoll's Las Vegas drug arrest revealed - LA Times

With the amounts that they are talking about, he might get charged with distribution too.
I doubt they will press for that. Fed law is 10 GMs and while Nevada doesn't have an amount it would be hard to prove he was planning to sell this.
Everything I have read leads me to believe a fine and a course and 6 months probation and they will erase this charge in two years.

It is not until the third offense that they give jail time and a20k fine

If they go for distribution a first time for that typically is probation with the fine and drug program but it is harder to get that sealed

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoll was supposedly shipped out of Edmonton because he and Torres were rumored to like their nose candy a tad too much. You would think a guy that is in that great shape, is a health nut and is well spoken of as a role model wouldn't have these issues, but as they say we don't know what we don't know.

Didn't think he was coming back anyway due to decline in play as well as the cap situation, this just confirmed it. The timing couldn't be worse for him, a pending UFA, coming off an extremely disappointing year and now a drug bust but we have to live with the consequences of our decisions.

My question: I wonder what line he will be on next season? Hey O!

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culled from stuff I've read:

About 12 other Kings players were with Stoll when he was arrested but no one else was busted for anything. Among the 12 were Doughty and Jones, and this was the unofficial end of season party in Vegas. Apparently they had been partying hard for several hours prior to the arrest.

I'm all for having fun, even partying as hard as you want but be smart about it. My belief is that he brought this stuff in to share, otherwise it makes no sense why he would have an 8 Ball and that much X unless he planned on going into cardiac arrest right there in the pool. Also makes you wonder about his seizure after the 2013 playoffs, he got concussed by Torres but did this junk play a role?

In all this I have to admire that the man admitted he was carrying coke but what if he had simply answered "no" instead of yes? Makes you wonder if he knew there was no way out at that point and it would be easier on him to just admit it.

No surprise that there isn't a lot of damage control coming out of the Kings, I think they already made the decision he wasn't in the plans for 2015-16 and this pretty much lets them walk away cleanly. Stoll did the dirty work for them.

I think the bigger concern is Dumbo needs to look into his locker room at this point - you have Hardy and his daughter (Hardy pleaded I think and also was let go), Doughty and the alleged r*pe (case dropped), Voynov and his DV (pending) and now Stoll and his drugs (pending).

You also have two party boys in Carter and Richards, who seem to have cleaned up their act but you now have to keep a watchful eye on them. Richards most likely will not be a King come Opening Night but any type of stupidity would lower his trade value, as if it isn't bottom of the barrel anyway. The last thing the Kings need with a guy like him and his contract is to work so hard to get a trade done (let's just say 4th round pick/salary sharing/Toronto Maple Leafs) and then he does something stupid like a felony hit and run in Manhattan Beach because he drank too much.There goes that trade and any type of cap relief.

A winning culture is great, but you also have to make sure you have the right guys in there. Pretty sure we will not hear of any other Kings boneheads all summer long, these guys are going to be on super good behavior.

Last edited:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that other players were there. I also haven't heard they were not there.
As far as damage control, sometimes it is best to ignore a problem until a bigger story comes along. Talking about it keeps it in the news.
There legal problem is not a big deal. The NHL may fine or suspend him or both. Again not a huge deal but bigger than the law.
The biggest thing is he is a UFA after a down year when this happened. I think some team may sign him, but at a much lower pay rate. He was making 3.2 mil this year. He poor play may have cost him a mil a year. His bust may have cost him a second mil a year.

So this arrest may only be 1000 fine to the court, it could cost millions in pay.

Now to really freak some of you out. Stoll has said he might take less to be with a winner. So would the Kings sign him for a mil?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that other players were there. I also haven't heard they were not there.

Um, I'm the one about to go to law school jacko. Keep my card handy, I may be your best friend some day.

As far as damage control, sometimes it is best to ignore a problem until a bigger story comes along. Talking about it keeps it in the news.

TMZ is keeping it in the news, and that is because of the connection with Erin Andrews (useless BTW). Dumbass should have kept low profile mates instead of the Rachel Hunters, Alicia Cuthberths and Erin Andrews of the world.

If the roles were reversed and he avoided these celebrity types, and his GF got busted, it would be in the news as "Jarret Stoll's super average TBall team mom busted in Vegas pool" and that is the end of that.

While I agree with your sentiment, I honestly feel the Kings did not have them in their plan to begin with, thus no need to do damage control. Essentially they have pulled the "not my problem anymore" card.

Now to really freak some of you out. Stoll has said he might take less to be with a winner. So would the Kings sign him for a mil?

I think the question is do the Kings really want him? Even for $1 million? My guess would be a solid 95% no.

Stoll did his thing here in LA, he helped win 2 Cups. His value and worth has been fulfilled, and he has had 3 down years in a row. Granted he did the little things, but he has reached the point in his career - in LA anyway - where there is no incentive to sign him.

After seeing how loyalty burned Dumbo with Richards, and the rumblings about Brown and his contract being spoken about more and more, I don't think Dumbo goes down Loyalty Lane for a little while.

He has been loyal to Stoll for almost 8 years, and with all the negative press the Kings have been getting with their players the last few years, his professional reputation is on the line and he won't risk that.