• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Janovich First Fantasy Relevant Fullback

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since... Mike Alstott?

I'm feeling a huge amount of school pride on this one.

That's two years in a row a Nebraska I back has had a touchdown on their first career carry hehe.

He wouldn't even be in the league if it weren't for Mike Riley coming in and running the FB trap with him. Kubiack saw what Mike drew up for him and duplicated it.

This is a copycat league. Maybe there will be a Fullback rennaissance. Not too many FB's in the league like Jano though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since... Mike Alstott?

That's two years in a row a Nebraska I back has had a touchdown on their first career carry hehe.

He wouldn't even be in the league if it weren't for Mike Riley coming in and running the FB trap with him. Kubiack saw what Mike drew up for him and duplicated it.

This is a copycat league. Maybe there will be a Fullback rennaissance. Not too many FB's in the league like Jano though.

Actually a Kubiak system already had that type of play in it. Like you said though not many FB's you can trust in that situation to run like he does. I love this kid. Maybe my 2nd favorite pick of the draft behind Lynch. When the Broncos dominated people it was with a FB in the lineup getting physical with people. Saw that tonight beyond his carry that he opened some huge holes going up against those Carolina LB's.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing what a good full back can do, both teams had one, old school football

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing what a good full back can do, both teams had one, old school football

I think Janovich is gonna earn a Pro-Bowl nod as a rookie.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that play. I like seeing rookies become important pieces to games. Good for him!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that play. I like seeing rookies become important pieces to games. Good for him!
Broncos played a ton of rookies tonight. Some good some bad. Our other rookie RB fumbled on his very first carry. Our Punter was up and down as a rookie in his first game. Thought that final punt was going to cost us.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos played a ton of rookies tonight. Some good some bad. Our other rookie RB fumbled on his very first carry. Our Punter was up and down as a rookie in his first game. Thought that final punt was going to cost us.

Icing the kicker is a beautiful thing when it works.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since... Mike Alstott?

feelings on Desmond Howards tweet? have you seen it?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has me blocked if that gives you any indication about how I feel about most things he says.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had to log out to see it.

He didn't reach the EZ until his 3rd season in the NFL so I can see why he'd be salty.

Also he hates Nebraska with every fiber of his being.

Desmond Howard is the perfect representation of everything I dislike about Michigan and everything I HATE about ESPN.

I see the twitterverse swiftly roasted him into oblivion. Not just Husker fans. Broncos fans, other B1G fans...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years in a row:suds:
Oddly, this is the third consecutive year a fullback has scored the first rushing TD of the season.
last year the first rushing score was by Pittsburgh’s Will Johnson, the year before it was Green Bay’s John Kuhn.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since... Mike Alstott?

1 touch. You won't have competition for him if you want him on your fantasy roster lol.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like they iced the long-snapper. That was a high snap, threw off all the timing.

Yeah I forgot about that. Gano doesn't *deserve any of the side eye he might be getting in the locker room for that one.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 touch. You won't have competition for him if you want him on your fantasy roster lol.

I know LOL. Was surprised they didn't try him on the goal line when Anderson wasn't getting it done though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I forgot about that. Gano doesn't *deserve any of the side eye he might be getting in the locker room for that one.

He still missed it, but he can share the blame.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Anthony Sherman will probably get more TD's than Janovich is my guess if we're talking fullbacks. No such thing as a fantasy relevant FB in the modern era. Least not until my dream comes true and the Chiefs make Spencer Ware the fullback like at LSU.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to log out to see it.

He didn't reach the EZ until his 3rd season in the NFL so I can see why he'd be salty.

Also he hates Nebraska with every fiber of his being.

Desmond Howard is the perfect representation of everything I dislike about Michigan and everything I HATE about ESPN.

I see the twitterverse swiftly roasted him into oblivion. Not just Husker fans. Broncos fans, other B1G fans...

I guess to me all a matter of perspective.

1) He is a FB so yes not the top speed guy in the NFL. If my FB had that kind of speed then I would hope he was more my RB than FB at that point. And a guy of Janovich's size having the kind of speed that Howard is suggesting he should have would be unstoppable in the NFL.

2) I really don't think it was a speed decision though. It was a I have seen plenty of players caught from behind that have this ball punched out at the 1 yard line so I better cover up to make sure I'm not the 2nd rookie RB for the Broncos that fumbles on his first NFL carry. I thought it was a very heads up play and just an all around great play call and execution.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me all a matter of perspective.

1) He is a FB so yes not the top speed guy in the NFL. If my FB had that kind of speed then I would hope he was more my RB than FB at that point. And a guy of Janovich's size having the kind of speed that Howard is suggesting he should have would be unstoppable in the NFL.

2) I really don't think it was a speed decision though. It was a I have seen plenty of players caught from behind that have this ball punched out at the 1 yard line so I better cover up to make sure I'm not the 2nd rookie RB for the Broncos that fumbles on his first NFL carry. I thought it was a very heads up play and just an all around great play call and execution.

For sure. He knows his 40 time LOL. I think he runs a low 4.7, so we can just give him a pass on not wanting a 4.4 speed DB to come in and punch the ball out.

Honestly I think he was probably just on complete auto-pilot at that point in disbelief and just used a fundamental thing he's been taught for years as a fullback.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years in a row:suds:
Oddly, this is the third consecutive year a fullback has scored the first rushing TD of the season.
last year the first rushing score was by Pittsburgh’s Will Johnson, the year before it was Green Bay’s John Kuhn.
Eh, Anthony Sherman will probably get more TD's than Janovich is my guess if we're talking fullbacks. No such thing as a fantasy relevant FB in the modern era. Least not until my dream comes true and the Chiefs make Spencer Ware the fullback like at LSU.
Johnson and kuhn did not score again its a fluke:suds: