• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ja'Marr Chase's Return

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Ja'Marr is slated to return next week against Tennessee, but we will see. I wonder how Reader is doing this week in practice, if he is going to be available to help us out against Pitt.

Getting healthy for this crazy tough stretch is good, but I seriously think we are going to see a change in quality on the defensive side because of Awuzie not blanketing the best WR on the opposing team. Hopefully the offense can step up and bail the defense out a little bit as the defense did for the offense a few times this year already.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chido has been a big part of what we do on D, so I definitely think we'll feel his loss. That said, there aren't that many dominant receivers on our schedule. Pittsburgh and Tennessee aren't big passing teams at this time - I don't think that's debatable. KC is obviously a great passing team, but there biggest weapon is Kelsey and Mahomes is good at spreading it all around. We'll definitely miss his presence in that game. Amari Cooper is a good receiver, but Cleveland is always going to be more of a threat in the running game, even when the Predator takes over. Obviously Buffalo poses multiple challenges - That will be a game that we have to be efficient on the offensive end to have a chance.

My take is that if Reader is healthy (I think this is a big question mark coming off injury), we'll be in okay shape. When he is healthy, it's very diffiuclt for teams to run, and his push on the pocket makes Hedrickson more dangerous. If we can be effective rushing 4, we'll slow down any passing game we go against. If we have to bring extra guys against guys like Mahomes, Brady, or Allen, we'll get screwed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'Marr's return will help even if it takes him a week or two to get up to speed. He changes the way the defenses play us. That Tennessee game has me worried for our offense. Of all the teams we played last season, they were the team that beat up Burrow the most. Simmons was unblockable for our team. Our offense that day really consisted of one sustained drive and a few big plays. If they don't turn it over three times, we don't win that game. I hope we have Chase to keep them honest.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chido has been a big part of what we do on D, so I definitely think we'll feel his loss. That said, there aren't that many dominant receivers on our schedule. Pittsburgh and Tennessee aren't big passing teams at this time - I don't think that's debatable. KC is obviously a great passing team, but there biggest weapon is Kelsey and Mahomes is good at spreading it all around. We'll definitely miss his presence in that game. Amari Cooper is a good receiver, but Cleveland is always going to be more of a threat in the running game, even when the Predator takes over. Obviously Buffalo poses multiple challenges - That will be a game that we have to be efficient on the offensive end to have a chance.

My take is that if Reader is healthy (I think this is a big question mark coming off injury), we'll be in okay shape. When he is healthy, it's very diffiuclt for teams to run, and his push on the pocket makes Hedrickson more dangerous. If we can be effective rushing 4, we'll slow down any passing game we go against. If we have to bring extra guys against guys like Mahomes, Brady, or Allen, we'll get screwed.
Yeah. I think you hit the nail on the head there. My only concern with that like you said, if Reader is in t here and makes them more dominate in the run game, then teams are going to spread out and we are going to be forced to pass protect 4 wide sets. Now, as you said, he makes Hendrickson more dominate, which will be good, but can it be consistent?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou has been a wizard at DC - the loss of Cheeto may be the one felt most on this defense outside of losing DJ at NT. I'm sure Lou will cook up some schemes, and we'll likely see more over/under on Apple's side of the defense (he's solid in under and zone coverage, but in man - he has to have help over top).

Got to hope Hill is ready to return as well, and Flowers...everyone is going to have to step up their games, no doubt. Good thing about the return of Reader will be the experience and depth that was produced while hew as out...guys should be primed to get after the QB with him taking up double teams.

In the end, though - this defense carried the team through 8 of the 9 first games, in reality. They played well enough to have 6 or 7 wins. It's time for the offense to step up and start helping the defense out and that starts with continuing to find innovative ways to keep the run game going and keeping the other teams offense off the field.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really just want him to heal and get his career back on track. AJ Green went from a hero to ordinary after his turf toe injury, and really never recovered, although he has shown hints of his abilities for Arizona. I don't want Chase to be our new Eiffert.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really just want him to heal and get his career back on track. AJ Green went from a hero to ordinary after his turf toe injury, and really never recovered, although he has shown hints of his abilities for Arizona. I don't want Chase to be our new Eiffert.
Considering he apparently played through it for 2 weeks and put up big time numbers, I don't think this is going to be an issue....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow said he's back this week. Burrow also dropped this gem (tweet below).... Love that dude.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow said he's back this week. Burrow also dropped this gem (tweet below).... Love that dude.

Yeah, I watched the interview. It was pretty comical, given the context in which the line of questioning came in.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was doing pretty good before we drafted Chase, just as long as he wasn't injured.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow:

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF