• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Turner on Nebraska to Big 10

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As for all this Big Ten stuff?

Plenty has been made about how Nebraska’s move to the Big Ten might affect Husker recruiting in Texas.

Count Turner as one Texan who is thrilled about the change.

“That’s exciting,” he said. “Oh my (gosh), play Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, I’m happy about that move. That’s a smart move. Again, the university gets more money. Big 12, what, gives you 12 million a year? The Big Ten gives you 24 million a year? It’s big for the university. I’m happy about it.”

he also said he is excited for competition at QB

And yes, he’s plenty aware that Nebraska received a commitment on Saturday from another four-star quarterback — Bubba Starling of Gardner, Kan.

Never wavering in confidence, the 6-foot-1 Turner will concede one point: The 6-foot-5 Starling is indeed taller.

“But a better athlete?” said the easygoing Turner. “Come on now.”

The quarterback from Texas said he knew NU would add another quarterback to the 2011 class and embraces the competition.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Turner's potential at QB better right now personally.......it seems to me like Starling has a lot of work to do in the passing game

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow sounds very confident! thats a good attribute to have especially when your going to have to compete for the starting job.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the same article he said he would play slot receiver or DB if someone beats him out at QB and e just wants on the field

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well if he isnt picky about where he plays, he will be great for the team, willing to try other positions, creating more competition for the other guys.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry about starling and baseball... He expects to go in the first or second round next year.... He also still went through the process and wants to go to college... it's not like he'll be surprised by being a top 10 draft pick next year... He already expects to be... even if he is in the top 5 picks.... Id still be suprised if bubba isnt on campus for atleast 3 years....