• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamaal Charles Extension

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved Charles is a superstar. He's been carrying more than his fair share.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles @jcharles25 Follow I had no intention on holding out...I just ran out of gas on the way to camp and my cell phone battery died. It was a long walk I tell ya.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio that the hold out lasted 45 minutes.....glad that won`t be a issue for the start of the season.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, it is back to the "just how much money does Houston want" game.
ah crap...is he doing that too?

I did hear a question asked today that made me think........would you rather your team pay the player to keep him, or let them go and the owner pocket that money ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah crap...is he doing that too?

I did hear a question asked today that made me think........would you rather your team pay the player to keep him, or let them go and the owner pocket that money ?

Unfortunately the problem teams run into is do they cave to the demands of the player or do they hardball the player? If you cave to the demands then other players might be encouraged to do the same thing of holding out. If you play hardball it can upset the player where they then will play out the contract and then go elsewhere. It is a fine balancing act that every team seems to have to deal with at some point.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the problem teams run into is do they cave to the demands of the player or do they hardball the player? If you cave to the demands then other players might be encouraged to do the same thing of holding out. If you play hardball it can upset the player where they then will play out the contract and then go elsewhere. It is a fine balancing act that every team seems to have to deal with at some point.
The old slippery slope! I am always back and forth on that stuff....I was against KC giving LJ the big contract years ago....never understood the huge Cassel contract, he never even held out that I know of......and I am happy with Charles getting paid.

I just hope now that Charles keeps running like he always has....and doesn`t go Chris Johnson........

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles isn't quite the premedana that Johnson was/is so I wouldn't worry too much. Charles definitely deserved to get paid and was a good move by the organization.

The handling of Houston and Smith though should be interesting as the Chiefs really don't have a ton of Cap Room to make that many moves right now.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles isn't quite the premedana that Johnson was/is so I wouldn't worry too much. Charles definitely deserved to get paid and was a good move by the organization.

The handling of Houston and Smith though should be interesting as the Chiefs really don't have a ton of Cap Room to make that many moves right now.
He is getting at the age/time as a RB that all RB drop off, but hopefully he will still run like he always has.

Getting Houston taken care of needs to be done also.....the LB`s for KC are a good group, and I would like to see them stay intact.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles of Kansas City Chiefs gets new contract - ESPN

"The new deal has $18.1 million in new money on the additional two years and an extra $5.1 million over the remaining two years including an extra $4.4 million this year, according to sources."

ahhh..the conumdrum, have some success and players start seeing $$ signs in front of them. But this guy deserves it, unlike other players that have one good season and then start the bullshit.

BTW..ROCK CHALK!!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old slippery slope! I am always back and forth on that stuff....I was against KC giving LJ the big contract years ago....never understood the huge Cassel contract, he never even held out that I know of......and I am happy with Charles getting paid.

I just hope now that Charles keeps running like he always has....and doesn`t go Chris Johnson........

2.7 per carry. never forget THAT was money well spent...:L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope all that time "saving Charles" with the likes of Thomas Jones and co finally pays off from the Chiefs perspective with a productive Charles over this contract. Not that I don't trust Charles, there has been a long list of great RB's fall off a very abrupt cliff over the years.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Charles is the best RB in the league. No other back can get as many YPC as he can when used correctly. Well deserved, and congrats on locking him down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still some thought KC can get both Houston and Smith's contract done under the current cap situation. (Joe Corry)

Found this though as well: “Andy comes from Philadelphia, and for the most part, you didn’t want to hold out with them because you weren’t getting every far,” Corry said. “Duce Staley held out and got nothing. You saw what happened with Terrell Owens, (same thing). They were one of the few teams that have ever pulled an unsigned franchise-tag designation to a player — they did it to Jeremiah Trotter and Corey Simon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know....him twisting his ankle pussy was a good thing. I saw it coming though, Shields and Roaf retired at the same time, and they were the only reason LJ ever got any yards.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good, it'll take him right to pretty much the end of his prime.