• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey: I'm the best player in the draft!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how this league has morphed into a pass only league, Ramsey might be the most impactful player in the draft when all is said and done.

Physically this guy is a freak and, unlike most physical freaks, he is still a natural football player.

I bet almost every defensive coordinator who has seen this guy still has drool running down their chin over what this guy could bring to their defense. Just imagine what the blitz possibilities are when you have a safety that can cover ground like Earl Thomas as a safety or drop down into man and do a better job in man to man than most CB's.

If he finds a landing place that fully utilizes all his skills, he seriously could reinvent the safety position and bring it up to date in this passing era.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a bigger need for Dallas than Jack (or Bosa)?
If you are focusing solely on needs at 4 you better have had more than 4 wins the year before. Bosa and Ramsey are about even as far as needs go. Ignoring the talent of the 3: Pass rush and Corner (and safety if that's where you see him) are so intertwined and Cowboys need A LOT of help at both. Corner is a little more of a need if Gregory gets his head on straight. Jack isn't as high as far as needs go since they have Lee, McClain and two rookies who both look like they can play the last two drafts at LB. But if they think he is the best player AND HEALTHY they will take him.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how this league has morphed into a pass only league, Ramsey might be the most impactful player in the draft when all is said and done.

Physically this guy is a freak and, unlike most physical freaks, he is still a natural football player.

I bet almost every defensive coordinator who has seen this guy still has drool running down their chin over what this guy could bring to their defense. Just imagine what the blitz possibilities are when you have a safety that can cover ground like Earl Thomas as a safety or drop down into man and do a better job in man to man than most CB's.

If he finds a landing place that fully utilizes all his skills, he seriously could reinvent the safety position and bring it up to date in this passing era.

Agreed,i think he is going to be a damn good defensive back. He is gonna be someone to watch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet more than half seem to see him as a CB in the NFL. I think that adds to his attractiveness. I know if he ends up on the Cowboys he should be able to help big time...and I don't care which spot it's at as long as he is on the field making plays...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are focusing solely on needs at 4 you better have had more than 4 wins the year before. Bosa and Ramsey are about even as far as needs go. Ignoring the talent of the 3: Pass rush and Corner (and safety if that's where you see him) are so intertwined and Cowboys need A LOT of help at both. Corner is a little more of a need if Gregory gets his head on straight. Jack isn't as high as far as needs go since they have Lee, McClain and two rookies who both look like they can play the last two drafts at LB. But if they think he is the best player AND HEALTHY they will take him.

Not solely at needs of course, but given the talent level of options being (somewhat) equal between Jack and Ramsey (and Bosa, depending on who you talk to), need helps break that tie somewhat.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Ramsey is a significantly larger and more athletic version of Tyrann Mathieu. I think he ends up in that safety role where the DC uses him to drop down and cover man to man more than you see from your typical safeties.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not solely at needs of course, but given the talent level of options being (somewhat) equal between Jack and Ramsey (and Bosa, depending on who you talk to), need helps break that tie somewhat.
Totally agree on that. The funny thing is we are for the most part throwing around the same names for teams near the top and in reality we have no clue what the teams are thinking. For all we know Ramsey or Bosa may not even be considerations for Dallas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on that. The funny thing is we are for the most part throwing around the same names for teams near the top and in reality we have no clue what the teams are thinking. For all we know Ramsey or Bosa may not even be considerations for Dallas.

Unless they go QB, that's where the value is. Their O-line is pretty set, so OT isn't likely a target. #4 is WAY too early for any of these WRs, and probably (?) too high for Elliott, although we've seen stranger things...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one that loves that this kid is talking this type of shit

Hope he drops to 10

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one that loves that this kid is talking this type of shit

Hope he drops to 10

I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. At least he's already in that discussion. If it was Cyrus Jones talking shit, we'd all feel a bit differently.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. At least he's already in that discussion. If it was Cyrus Jones talking shit, we'd all feel a bit differently.

Exactly

If some projected 4th rounder came out and said "Im the best player in the draft", you could see it as a way of raising his stock

When a kid thats already projected as a Top 3 picks says it?

Im inclined to believe him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they go QB, that's where the value is. Their O-line is pretty set, so OT isn't likely a target. #4 is WAY too early for any of these WRs, and probably (?) too high for Elliott, although we've seen stranger things...
Yes, QB is definitely high on the list of possibilities right now. I would love to know which (if either) of these QBs they like, or both...

I make a lot of Cowboy fans who want need alone crazy when I say this, but if Tunsil fell I'd probably grab him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put Jalen Ramsey into perspective here.

Trumaine Johnson was a CB/S hybrid coming out but was super raw. The Rams threw a franchise tag on him this year because he had 7 interceptions last year and are paying him $14 million this year.

Johnson 40 time - 4.6. Ramsey 40 time - 4.4.
Johnson Vert - 35.5 Ramsey Vert - 41.5
Johnson Broad - 122. Ramsey Vert - 135
Johnson 3 cone - 7.2 Ramsey 3 Cone - 6.9

I think if Ramsey wasn't a Pro Bowler in Year 1 then it would be a let down. I think he is on par with Patrick Peterson but with a different skill set (more explosive, less agility) so I tend to agree that he is probably a safety than can do whatever he wants but I think he could also be a solid #1 CB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's looked at as a safety because of his size, but I would at least start him at CB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put Jalen Ramsey into perspective here.

Trumaine Johnson was a CB/S hybrid coming out but was super raw. The Rams threw a franchise tag on him this year because he had 7 interceptions last year and are paying him $14 million this year.

Johnson 40 time - 4.6. Ramsey 40 time - 4.4.
Johnson Vert - 35.5 Ramsey Vert - 41.5
Johnson Broad - 122. Ramsey Vert - 135
Johnson 3 cone - 7.2 Ramsey 3 Cone - 6.9

I think if Ramsey wasn't a Pro Bowler in Year 1 then it would be a let down. I think he is on par with Patrick Peterson but with a different skill set (more explosive, less agility) so I tend to agree that he is probably a safety than can do whatever he wants but I think he could also be a solid #1 CB.
I like Ramsey a lot, but all that tells us is he'll do well in the Offense versus Defense Olympics in Rookie Camp...

The Combine skill stats aren't exactly indicators of being a good player in the NFL:

11 Fastest 40-Yard Dashes in NFL History

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ramsey a lot, but all that tells us is he'll do well in the Offense versus Defense Olympics in Rookie Camp...

The Combine skill stats aren't exactly indicators of being a good player in the NFL:

11 Fastest 40-Yard Dashes in NFL History
Ramsey certainly didn't have one of the fastest 40 yard times of all time. When you add in the fact that he nailed every part of the combine on top of the fact that he has highly touted in college then it lends itself to #1 overall hype. I do think he'll struggle against speedy slot type WRs but you don't have to put him on those types of WRs. I also don't think he is going to be Ed Reed at all. He is so busy covering and pressing that he never seems to look at the football to make interceptions.

What he should be able to do is take the biggest receiver the other team has and lock him down. Probably not worth #1 overall but definitely top 5 and certainly in the mix if you don't need a QB or LT.