• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackson suspended 4 games

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More PT for Locke and Turner-Yell to develop. Jackson won't be back next year. He played his role well here but now he doesn't really give a care about how he is hitting people out there. For a 15 year vet he knows how the NFL wants and doesn't want him to hit.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More PT for Locke and Turner-Yell to develop. Jackson won't be back next year. He played his role well here but now he doesn't really give a care about how he is hitting people out there. For a 15 year vet he knows how the NFL wants and doesn't want him to hit.
He’s appealing but at best I think 2 games however most likely he’ll serve 3.

And I think he knows he’s lost a step so he’s trying to make up for it by hitting hard and making an impact where he still can. It just so happens that the John Lynch/Brian Dawkins style of Safety is no longer the way things are done.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s appealing but at best I think 2 games however most likely he’ll serve 3.

And I think he knows he’s lost a step so he’s trying to make up for it by hitting hard and making an impact where he still can. It just so happens that the John Lynch/Brian Dawkins style of Safety is no longer the way things are done.

Yeah- I was thinking he may get a game taken off on his appeal...

I often wonder if he the guy knows he is in his last year, isn't winning with Denver so says screw it. Imma knock some homies out?!?!?! Terrible attitude I know but I can't help but think if he has that "Nothing to lose attitude" tired of losing. Angry. He sits on the FA wire the last 3 offseasons for 4 months and then re-signs with us. Angry at the NFL. ;)

Dude played CB for most of his career and moves to S and suddenly hits like Kenoy Kennedy.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many moons ago, I played CB and WR in high school .. I learned very quickly that, going for a big hit when playing in coverage could very well injure my own body, as well as a offensive player .. The way I see it, Jackson was trying to land a big hit to break up the pass .. He obviously knows that he's lost a step, and is trying to prevent GB from marching down the field and scoring ..

For me, there is more pride in a defense making a stop than there is for an offense to score .. The Broncos D has been vilified this year, and when a player like Jackson sees a potential lead slipping away. he's going to use whatever he has left in the tank to stop another demoralizing drive and loss - a loss that every defensive player on the field would take personally ..

I don't see Jackson's hits as anything but playing hard and trying to dislodge the ball and break up the pass ..

He knows that on any hit like that, it has the potential to take its toll on his own body ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking up a pass is good and all. But leading with your helmet and hitting a defenseless receiver is against NFL rules. Learn how to play the game and you won't have to sit out 4 weeks. Now, we know he knows how to play the game. He is a 15 year vet. Why he has suddenly decided to not play the game the right away? We aren't sure.

Jackson has 90,000 (this number will go up once fines are handed out for this week) in fines, ejected twice this year and probably could have been ejected a 3rd time...

He might be playing hard and trying to dislodge the ball and break up the pass (which is what he is clearly doing) but he isn't doing it legally by NFL rule and with that you have to face the punishment as a repeat offender. Hard to argue this one at a time when the NFL is in the spotlight for concussion issues.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I played, they preached - going through the man to the ball - that used to mean lining up the helmet to the opposite side of the body where the ball was being held.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I played, they preached - going through the man to the ball - that used to mean lining up the helmet to the opposite side of the body where the ball was being held.

This is how I was always taught. We had a daily tackling drill doing just this. Did it in slow motion to get the form/understanding down then applied it in full motion.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As troubling and awful as it is, something that must be taken into consideration:

"As CTE progresses, executive brain functions, particularly those governing judgment and inhibition, deteriorate. Over time, memory and cognition worsen, and individuals may become aggressive .. "

Kareem Jackson has dished out thousands of hits as a football player - which means he's taken the hits too ...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announce that K Jack is suspended for another four games for his helmet to helmet hit on Dobbs last night.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll appeal again but not sure the league will drop it to two games like they did previously. The Broncos are lucky that the officials didn't throw a flag on that play. The ball was already coming out when K Jack collided with Dobbs.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know the timeline on PJ Locke's return from injury?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Denver still paying this idiot? If what DC says earlier in the thread is correct, and they're just waiting it out til his contract is up, why not just release him now?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to retire. He's not reliable, and at this point just stupid mistakes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Locke has proved so far he can replace K Jack without missing a beat and tackling the right away. I just don't think Kareem cares anymore. He is a 15 year vet. He didn't suddenly forget how to tackle. He isn't a young player with bad habits, he is an old player with bad habits. He doesn't care. He even said himself he isn't going to change the way he plays after his last suspension and he proved that early in the game two weeks later.