• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J K Rowling to arbitrate?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League on Monday night urged the National Hockey League Players' Association to present a comprehensive proposal for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that details its position on all of the fundamental economic issues that divide the two sides, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.

WTF?

What have they been handing you guys at the previous meetings.J.K knows a bit about fairies and goblins.Seems she could get a resolution to this land of make believe shit that is going on.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

What have they been handing you guys at the previous meetings.J.K knows a bit about fairies and goblins.Seems she could get a resolution to this land of make believe shit that is going on.

The NHLPA has been submitting partial proposals that didn't touch on many of the issues. The NHL wants a comprehensive proposal so they can see where the NHLPA stands on ALL the issues.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHLPA has been submitting partial proposals that didn't touch on many of the issues. The NHL wants a comprehensive proposal so they can see where the NHLPA stands on ALL the issues.

Not to argue-but what's left to touch on?
revenue sharing
honoring contracts
entry level contracts
lenght of contracts,etc...have all been discussed,and in some cases redone.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the Friedman article if you haven't already: NHL players' next move is crucial | Hockey | CBC Sports

The league made it clear last night it wants a written proposal that includes specific positions on all of the outstanding issues -- share of hockey-related revenue (HRR), the "make-whole" provision on honouring existing contracts, other contracting issues... everything.

There are a few reasons for this. The obvious one is it will allow the league to know where Fehr and the players stand on each of these critical areas. It also gives the NHL a better idea of where it is willing to concede to bridge the gaps. (Despite what it says, there is some room for compromise. How much is the question.) And finally, Fehr has kept his written proposals limited in scope at various points in the process -- in at least one case, just a few written lines.

He's very clever (although an opponent would call it infuriating) when it comes to keeping his options open. The NHL wants to end that.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the Friedman article if you haven't already: NHL players' next move is crucial | Hockey | CBC Sports

The league made it clear last night it wants a written proposal that includes specific positions on all of the outstanding issues -- share of hockey-related revenue (HRR), the "make-whole" provision on honouring existing contracts, other contracting issues... everything.

There are a few reasons for this. The obvious one is it will allow the league to know where Fehr and the players stand on each of these critical areas. It also gives the NHL a better idea of where it is willing to concede to bridge the gaps. (Despite what it says, there is some room for compromise. How much is the question.) And finally, Fehr has kept his written proposals limited in scope at various points in the process -- in at least one case, just a few written lines.

He's very clever (although an opponent would call it infuriating) when it comes to keeping his options open. The NHL wants to end that.

that is the only thing the league and NHLPA can't agree on.Everything that they are saying to redo has been discussed and rehashed.

As for Fehr,I agree.He's like a fine poker player,never revealing his hand.
Call his bluff?