• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've seen some talk about Bama possibly making the NCG, but honestly...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, and iowa's 2 top 25 wins are against...?

I am not contending they are a quality team. I am contending that a 7-5 Ole Miss is not. There is a difference to non team SEC homers.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, got it. So now Wazzou is a feather in your cap? :laugh3:

nah, not really. but wazzou at 6-6 in the pac-12 is right there on par with those mediocre 4 and 5 loss big 10 teams. if you want to pass off minneosta as a decent win, then so is wazzou and mississippi state.

Last edited by a moderator:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sakau - can't answer this I see? Would rather stick to trolling?

i'm not trolling. in case you haven't noticed, i'm posting plenty of things that aren't getting adequate responses either.

iowa has lost to good teams. i won't deny that. they also haven't beaten any good ones. in this sense, they are kind of like texas a&m, but 3 of 4 aTm losses were against top 5 teams and all 3 of them were within 7 points.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa, though, could give anyone in that middle-tier of the SEC (I mean teams like A&M, UGA, Vandy, Ole Miss, or even LSU) a game, if they actually showed up. 3 of their 4 losses this year were to teams that are either unbeaten or have 1 loss.

You mean like Ole Miss losing to Alabama, Auburn and Missouri?

Yes, they lost to shitty Mrs. State in overtime...but you Buckeyes know what a rivalry game is like...

Sorry, Iowa is exactly like A&M...minus the win over a ranked opponent.

Despite the head to head loss, LSU is better than Ole Miss...shit happens. Iowa and Minnesota are better than Vandy...but at the level of Ole Miss, current UGA and A&M...whose defense is so shitty they leave anybody they play in the game.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and SOX... maybe if you had a couple of wins over teams in the top 20 in addition to those wins over #22 and #24, you'd have a better point. but when those are the two best teams you face all season, and you aren't even particularly dominant in those games, it makes you wonder.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Ole Miss losing to Alabama, Auburn and Missouri?

Yes, they lost to shitty Mrs. State in overtime...but you Buckeyes know what a rivalry game is like...

Sorry, Iowa is exactly like A&M...minus the win over a ranked opponent.

Despite the head to head loss, LSU is better than Ole Miss...shit happens. Iowa and Minnesota are better than Vandy...but at the level of Ole Miss, current UGA and A&M...whose defense is so shitty they leave anybody they play in the game.

i still think you are giving minnesota too much credit. same level as ole miss? ole miss beat 2 ranked teams and lost 3 games against top 5 teams. minnesota's resume is far worse than that.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Nebraska and Texas A&M play. A&M's D is so bad they would make Martinez(assuming he is back) look like a Heisman contender...ditto for Nebraska's D and Johnny Ratclaws...last team to score with less than :20 on the clock wins.

Wisconsin vs LSU would be a good matchup too.

Sorry, but nobody outside the Big 10 thinks much of Minnesota or Iowa...they and Ole Miss are in the same class.

Somebody brought up the possibility of a miami tamu matchup. That would be awesome. The over/under on that one might be 120, lol

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there has been some talk here and there on this board, and then on ESPN they put up a "BCS scenario" article that was talking about how Bama could make the title game.

Yes, b/c message board posters determine who play in the BCS title game :L

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there has been some talk here and there on this board, and then on ESPN they put up a "BCS scenario" article that was talking about how Bama could make the title game.

Not from Bama fans of course. We're not that desperate.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the SEC teams would "absolutely hammer" those 4 loss B1G teams. :lame: Another of your mythical game posts where all thing SEC are supreme. I'll bet you think Kentucky could beat those 4 loss B1G teams. What a moron.

Get your head out of your ass kid. I have never seen a conference homer like you. You are the king. I guess you are a conference homer slut.

FIFY............Sakau is pretty pathetic the way he whores himself out to the conference.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who has Bama beaten that makes them so good? This is my point. LSU is no better than Wisconsin, for crying out loud. Both are 9-3 and both are in the top 25. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and to be honest, we could end up seeing them both square off in what would be a pretty fun bowl game.

Michigan State has beaten three teams that are 8-4, which would qualify as Bama's 2nd best win.

:L

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think you are giving minnesota too much credit. same level as ole miss? ole miss beat 2 ranked teams and lost 3 games against top 5 teams. minnesota's resume is far worse than that.

Could be..., there is not enough evidence to say one way or the other...and to be honest, I have only watched them play one game this year, so I can't say I have a lot invested. I've watched multiple Iowa, Nebraska, A&M and Ole Miss games...enough to know that on any given Saturday you could shake them all up in a bag, grab a team at random and be just as likely to pick the winner.

Also seen enough to believe that LSU and Wisconsin are better than all of the above and that LSU has more talent on the field than Wisconsin...not necessarily better team, but more talented.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY............Sakau is pretty pathetic the way he whores himself out to the conference.

why? because i actually take note that the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC destroyed texas (3rd? 4th? best team in the big 12, in their own house?) and that they have another quality win over LSU while 3 of their losses came against top 5 teams?

that makes me a conference slut? or just someone who can take a look at a team's resume and judge it for what it is?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? because i actually take note that the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC destroyed texas (3rd? 4th? best team in the big 12, in their own house?) and that they have another quality win over LSU while 3 of their losses came against top 5 teams?

that makes me a conference slut? or just someone who can take a look at a team's resume and judge it for what it is?

All you do is pimp out the conference. You rarely ever talk about your own team. You did that shit at ESPN and everybody called you out for being such a Team SEC teabagger. This isn't anything new.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you do is pimp out the conference. You rarely ever talk about your own team. You did that shit at ESPN and everybody called you out for being such a Team SEC teabagger. This isn't anything new.

in case you forgot about 2012, i didn't have much to brag about in auburn. i guess i could either disappear and be labeled a fairweather fan or post about the rest of college football... where i firmly believe the SEC was better. and backed it up with points. just as i am doing here.

i'm not teabagging the SEC. when a team is bad, i'll call them bad. arkansas losing to rutgers the way they did was embarrassing. kentucky has been awful for some time now. florida losing to georgia southern was terrible, even if florida is only the 11th or 12th best team in the conference. tennessee being uncompetitive against oregon, while not entirely unexpected, was embarrassing.

but other than that, the SEC is full of quality (or at least decent) teams.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice edit on who typed it.... :laugh3:

I didn't edit anything. I even said earlier in this post I wasn't sure if it was you or one of your Florida brethren complaining, but I was right.