• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've seen some talk about Bama possibly making the NCG, but honestly...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you say they would deserve it at all? If they are in the position, it means Ohio State will have lost. In that respect, why would they deserve it over Michigan State?

Bama would be 11-1. Didn't win or play for their conference title. Only beat 9-3 LSU, 8-4 Va Tech and 8-4 A&M

Michigan State will be 12-1, would've won their conference, and will have a top 10 win over Ohio State at 12-1, along with 8-4 Minnesota, 8-4 Iowa, and 8-4 Nebraska

Looks to me like Sparty would be the clear choice in this case.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really have to ask?

cue SEC chant in 3, 2, 1...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at this; Ohio State no losses and Michigan state 1 loss to Notre Dame.....both teams have ZERO wins over a team currently inside the top 20.....NC stuff for sure.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non sec fans claiming "team sec" shit AND making this thread...

Gaaayyyyyyy!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at this; Ohio State no losses and Michigan state 1 loss to Notre Dame.....both teams have ZERO wins over a team currently inside the top 20.....NC stuff for sure.

Did you not read my post?

IF Michigan State wins, they'll have a top 10 win, Bama won't.

Best Win: Sparty - top 10 Ohio State, 3 other wins over 8-4 teams
Best Win: Bama - #15 LSU, 2 other wins over 8-4 teams

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan State fan, I will say this.

We belong no where close to the national title game this year, not with our offense. Our defense is a great one but they would go worn down spending all day on the field with FSU's offense.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non sec fans claiming "team sec" shit AND making this thread...

Gaaayyyyyyy!

I didn't claim team (insert conference) anything. This is about 2 ACTUAL teams, not 2 conferences. You conference homers need to get over this shit already.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you seeing the "talk of Bama in the NC" that you are speaking of?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you seeing the "talk of Bama in the NC" that you are speaking of?

Well there has been some talk here and there on this board, and then on ESPN they put up a "BCS scenario" article that was talking about how Bama could make the title game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck bama. if ohio can finish out everyone wants to see the CUMstains get waxed in another BCSCG game. I only hope fsu stumbles a bit in it's win against duke so they can get real arrogant again for 30 days prior to the game. :thumb:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read my post?

IF Michigan State wins, they'll have a top 10 win, Bama won't.

Best Win: Sparty - top 10 Ohio State, 3 other wins over 8-4 teams
Best Win: Bama - #15 LSU, 2 other wins over 8-4 teams

Yes I did and my point is Ohio State has zero wins over a top 20 team and does not deserve to be ranked NR2...and the only team Michigan State played that is any good is Notre Dame and they lost. Neither team has a positive resume. All this will play out if/when Ohio State plays FSU.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did and my point is Ohio State has zero wins over a top 20 team and does not deserve to be ranked NR2...and the only team Michigan State played that is any good is Notre Dame and they lost. Neither team has a positive resume. All this will play out if/when Ohio State plays FSU.

And who has Bama beaten that makes them so good? This is my point. LSU is no better than Wisconsin, for crying out loud. Both are 9-3 and both are in the top 25. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and to be honest, we could end up seeing them both square off in what would be a pretty fun bowl game.

Michigan State has beaten three teams that are 8-4, which would qualify as Bama's 2nd best win.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck bama. if ohio can finish out everyone wants to see the CUMstains get waxed in another BCSCG game. I only hope fsu stumbles a bit in it's win against duke so they can get real arrogant again for 30 days prior to the game. :thumb:

At least you're not bitter over Ohio State.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you say they would deserve it at all? If they are in the position, it means Ohio State will have lost. In that respect, why would they deserve it over Michigan State?

Bama would be 11-1. Didn't win or play for their conference title. Only beat 9-3 LSU, 8-4 Va Tech and 8-4 A&M

Michigan State will be 12-1, would've won their conference, and will have a top 10 win over Ohio State at 12-1, along with 8-4 Minnesota, 8-4 Iowa, and 8-4 Nebraska

Looks to me like Sparty would be the clear choice in this case.

Do you want me to be honest to you or lie?

If I talk to you honestly then i will tell you its because Alabama will bring its fans, its checkbooks and its history of bringing big games to the biggest stage. This sell ratings for a game(against other conference opponents) and will be a big selling point to bring in an Alabama over an MSU team not known for its travel to big games. Kinda hard to risk a gamble on MSU if you dont know if they will fill the stadium or not with their complement of fans, but they have a sure thing in Alabama.

Now, if i lie to you then i tell you because its the mystique of letting the streak continue and thats what the networks want. for me to say this would be admitting i believe in the conspiracy to keep the SEC in this, which I dont believe at all. I believe it hinges on ratings, numbers and the bottom line and MSU simply does not have that history.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want me to be honest to you or lie?

If I talk to you honestly then i will tell you its because Alabama will bring its fans, its checkbooks and its history of bringing big games to the biggest stage. This sell ratings for a game(against other conference opponents) and will be a big selling point to bring in an Alabama over an MSU team not known for its travel to big games. Kinda hard to risk a gamble on MSU if you dont know if they will fill the stadium or not with their complement of fans, but they have a sure thing in Alabama.

Now, if i lie to you then i tell you because its the mystique of letting the streak continue and thats what the networks want. for me to say this would be admitting i believe in the conspiracy to keep the SEC in this, which I dont believe at all. I believe it hinges on ratings, numbers and the bottom line and MSU simply does not have that history.

Perfectly fair response. I'm glad you saw I wasn't trying to piss off Bama fans, or by extension, SEC fans, with this post. It's a legit argument, and has nothing to do with the B1G. If Duke was 12-0 or 11-1, and beat FSU, I'd have the same argument for them.