• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've said it before and I will say it again.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Jim McElwain. Maybe another team will hire him as their HC at the end of the year.

LSU did what they had to do and congrats to them but we ruined more of our drives with boneheaded play calling than they stopped us. For most of the game our offense played perfectly into their defense. For the love god please stop calling for a strong side sweep on the short side of the field, that is a retarted play.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Jim McElwain. Maybe another team will hire him as their HC at the end of the year.

LSU did what they had to do and congrats to them but we ruined more of our drives with boneheaded play calling than they stopped us. For most of the game our offense played perfectly into their defense. For the love god please stop calling for a strong side sweep on the short side of the field, that is a retarted play.

There's some definite head scratching in this game from a playcalling perspective. What I don't like is why did Saban and co. wait til almost the very last minute of the game to run that Maze to Williams pass? I know LSU's got a good defense, and McCarron is no Luck, but you gotta challenge these guys a little more often.

However, the offense wasn't helped by that Maze pass being underthrown and some ill advised plays by McCarron - the INT on the H Back pass and taking that sack in OT. Not a clean game from Bama by any means. McCarron also missed that pass to Richardson when he was matched up with a LB on what became a poorly thrown pass.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some definite head scratching in this game from a playcalling perspective. What I don't like is why did Saban and co. wait til almost the very last minute of the game to run that Maze to Williams pass? I know LSU's got a good defense, and McCarron is no Luck, but you gotta challenge these guys a little more often.

However, the offense wasn't helped by that Maze pass being underthrown and some ill advised plays by McCarron - the INT on the H Back pass and taking that sack in OT. Not a clean game from Bama by any means. McCarron also missed that pass to Richardson when he was matched up with a LB on what became a poorly thrown pass.

We had our share of offensive miscues, I'm okay with that because that kind of stuff is going to happen. I'm not upset with the missed field goals, the goal line interception or McCarron missing Richardson. What pissed me off is that we played to their strengths. Instead of our strenghts. I'm a firm believer that with proper play calling we would have beaten LSU by at least 10 points. LSU did what they had to do and congrats to them for the win. But I think McElwain cost us this game just like he cost us the loses to the barn and USCe last year. Over at Disney I stated that he was an idiot and should be fired during the 09 season. Maybe oneday some other team will hire him because a doubt Saban will get rid of him.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We had our share of offensive miscues, I'm okay with that because that kind of stuff is going to happen. I'm not upset with the missed field goals, the goal line interception or McCarron missing Richardson. What pissed me off is that we played to their strengths. Instead of our strenghts. I'm a firm believer that with proper play calling we would have beaten LSU by at least 10 points. LSU did what they had to do and congrats to them for the win. But I think McElwain cost us this game just like he cost us the loses to the barn and USCe last year. Over at Disney I stated that he was an idiot and should be fired during the 09 season. Maybe oneday some other team will hire him because a doubt Saban will get rid of him.

That is exactly right. We didn't play Alabama football in this game. We tried to be something we are not. Our coaches tried to make things happen, and you can respect that, but we have a stable of backs and they didn't even utilize it. It's time for a change at OC and Saban needs to get on that.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time for a change also...JM has been holding bAMA back for long enough now!

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was also really disappointed with our staff's on the spot decision making. Keeping Maze back their to field punts after he was hobbled was a bad mistake. I didn't really think he should have been there on offense even though he was still able to be productive at times. His ability to block down field wasn't there first and foremost. Asking him to throw a deep ball on a bad wheel was a down right dumb move. Even without the injury you don't do that against a defense of that caliber. McCarron could make that pass on a pitch back out of the wild cat, but not Maze. That was just a bad play call and a poorly drawn up play to begin with. They should have read the D and know that play wasn't a good idea. We were driving and could have at least got within our FG range. Our defense was holding them really well. Just one of many times in that game that we went against the grain.

Calling on our short range FG kicker to come in and try for it on the third long FG was completely uncharacteristic. Obviously they had lost faith in Foster to make it, but then they make a hasty decision to pull him for a guy that they KNOW can't make it? Punt the damn ball in that situation. Don't try and force something to that degree. It was the first point in the game that I knew our staff was not adjusting to the game. We were in for a defensive struggle and they were approaching it with a do or die mentality. That has not been our M.O. for the past 4 years. We got away from what we are and it cost us dearly.

The staff has to know they blew this game.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Duron Carter last night? I knew we would need someone to fill Who's shoes for this game since June... Who had a huge day at the Colts today and I think Duron could have pulled those LD catches in like Who would have.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll need him next year and hopefully he'll stick around for one more after that. Although that isn't happening unless his draft status doesn't look good. If that is the case then that probably means he was more hype.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely could of used carter last night

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ the OP. Playcalling was awful. But Saban is as much to blame as anyone is. On at least 2 of the 3 1st quarter FG attempts, we should have punted the football. No reason whatsoever to keep trying those FGs. For the 2nd consecutive year, Les outcoached CNS.