• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've got a HORRIBLE feeling that OSU is going to win

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we should call it off. Oregon shouldn't show up to play. They have never faced a team like Ohio out of their 60 wins the last 5 years.

Brady Hoke loved calling us Ohio. He was cursed by evil buckeye witch that lives in a cave off of route 50 near bainbridge Ohio. The curse was for football only but the witch did not know the true power she had unleashed and that year, just to rub it in, the wolverines lost to the bobcats in the NCAA basketball tourney.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whether it's relevant to your "horrible feeling", but I'm pretty sure that the crystal football is out and this is the new trophy:

1405452111000-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-TROPHY-UN-65838024.JPG

Perhaps your "horrible feeling" is merely some sort of flashback to this:

2004091007.jpg

Not true, the crystal football still exists. It existed before the BCS and will exist elsewhere. It's the coaches trophy and is given to the winner of the coaches poll at the end of the year. It was presented as the "BCS Trophy" because the coaches poll agreed to award it's championship to whoever won the BCSNCG.

the-more-you-know-o.gif

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the playoffs began, I would have told you that Alabama was the best team in college football. Alabama did nothing to change my mind. They lost a game to a very good ohio state team. If those two teams played 9 more times, I would bet that Alabama would win 8 of those games. Oregon however, did change my mind. I think Oregon will win and is the better team.

I disagree. Alabama was damn near defeated by two TDs. Ohio State did look like the better team.

Credit, where credit is due.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Alabama was damn near defeated by two TDs. Ohio State did look like the better team.

Credit, where credit is due.

What? Alabama almost tied it up at the end, but a bad throw by the QB ended with an interception in the end zone. He threw the ball really short, the guy was open otherwise for a TD.

And that's not counting the hail mary attempt at the very end.

Alabama would in fact be favored if they played again tomorrow. But they won't, because on that day Alabama lost. That's football, we move on to next year. Ohio St put up when it counted, they move on to the NCG as they deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Alabama almost tied it up at the end, but a bad throw by the QB ended with an interception in the end zone. He threw the ball really short, the guy was open otherwise for a TD.

Alabama would in fact be favored if they played again tomorrow. But they won't, because on that day Alabama lost. That's football, we move on to next year. Ohio St put up when it counted, they move on to the NCG as they deserve.

OSU out gained them by 130 yards. Bama let a RB go for 200+. If anything the score was closer than the actual play.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is one big gimmick. You take that away and you have an average team.

I have full confidence in Urban Meyer's ability to combat that gimmick. Add in the fact that Oregon is losing players left and right.....OSU wins and wins rather easily.
You should be banned for life.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU out gained them by 130 yards. Bama let a RB go for 200+. If anything the score was closer than the actual play.

They had trouble converting in the redzone. Doesn't matter how many yards you get if you can't convert into the redzone.

3 of the TD's Ohio St got were lucky or gifts pretty much. Don't want to take too much away from Ohio St here, but you are extremely overstating things.

1. That WR pass was just plain amazing and they hit a very low% play on that one. That pass was right on the money and thrown by a WR. Most QB's would struggle with that throw, but that time it was perfect. Bet he wouldn't hit again in 10 throws.

2. The pick6 obvious was a gift. Again, don't want to take away from Ohio St on it, as the guy who made the play did good things etc. But since you are wanting to look at things other than this as a sign of strength, it should be pointed out.

3. The late TD run for like 90 yards or whatever came after we lost 2 people in the middle of the field. If Ragland wasn't out with a concussion and if Landon Collins hadn't been out for that play(he was injured again on the previous play and had to sit out), it's unlikely that play happens.

In a game decided by a TD, all of these were big plays.

And of course, let's not forget the safety Alabama was robbed on. That would have been huge.

If you think Ohio St dominated, then :lol:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think tOSU is the better football team and I think that they will have control and the lead the whole game. But I think Mariota is going to have a Vince Young type of moment and pull it out for Oregon at the end.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please. Everyone knows that the only way tOSU could beat an SEC champion in a bowl game is if they were lucky and the SEC Champion didn't play well. That stuff about tOSU dominating both sides of the ball, coming back from a 15 point deficit and all that was just an illusion. Ask the Bama fans. They will tell you.

:doh:

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:sadbron:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had trouble converting in the redzone. Doesn't matter how many yards you get if you can't convert into the redzone.

3 of the TD's Ohio St got were lucky or gifts pretty much. Don't want to take too much away from Ohio St here, but you are extremely overstating things.

1. That WR pass was just plain amazing and they hit a very low% play on that one. That pass was right on the money and thrown by a WR. Most QB's would struggle with that throw, but that time it was perfect. Bet he wouldn't hit again in 10 throws.

2. The pick6 obvious was a gift. Again, don't want to take away from Ohio St on it, as the guy who made the play did good things etc. But since you are wanting to look at things other than this as a sign of strength, it should be pointed out.

3. The late TD run for like 90 yards or whatever came after we lost 2 people in the middle of the field. If Ragland wasn't out with a concussion and if Landon Collins hadn't been out for that play(he was injured again on the previous play and had to sit out), it's unlikely that play happens.

And of course, let's not forget the safety Alabama was robbed on. That would have been huge.

Don't forget Eddie Jackson Falling Down(once again) on the long TD pass after halftime.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:sadbron:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, to summarize: All of Alabama's TD's were earned, OSU's were lucky.

Got it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Eddie Jackson Falling Down(once again) on the long TD pass after halftime.

That was just total skill on the part of Ohio St and they never got any lucky breaks in the game apparently.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After watching Ohio State beat Alabama on the field I think only SEC homers would have Bama favored...but maybe Vegas cashes in knowing how that bias rolls.

A desperation Hail Mary attempt to get within one of Ohio State means Alabama is the better team? Wow. I saw a different game in which Ohio State clearly beat Alabama. Wasn't Ohio State even up by two TDs with 2 minutes to go in the game?

"Yea, but, but, but..." I hear ya.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Buckeyes fan, I'd anticipate a very good game, and wouldn't want to calculate the odds of either team winning.

And I wouldn't call it a "gimmick" that the Ducks run a hurry-up offense most of the time. It's perfectly legal, and it works well for them. What some would call a gimmick, I'd call good football. But tOSU's defense has practiced to handle such an offense. Helluva great match-up, IMHO.