• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's not all doom and gloom

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is won and lost in the trenches, if you have no lines, you have no team. I don't care who you have throwing, running, or catching the ball. I believe the O-line was the most improved part of this team, and I don't think anyone can argue other wise. The D-line needs help, we will lose Hatcher, and possibly Spencer and we all know the cap is in total hell. Draft a couple pass rushing D-lineman, a safety, and maybe another linebacker. It may take a couple years for them to develop into an NFL caliber pass rusher, but we need younger cheaper talent. Stay away from big free agents, which I think they have no choice but to do. Hire a decent DC and stick with him for more than a season. If we do this, I think this team will get better. We have good receivers, and the best running back we have had in years. I have noticed we have hit on a few draft picks since Garrett has been here, Smith, Fredrick, and Lee, if Lee can have an injury free year that is, and Demarco Murray. The special teams have been very good this season, and we have one of the best kickers in the NFL. Shore up that defense, and who knows what happens. Oh, and RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is won and lost in the trenches, if you have no lines, you have no team. I don't care who you have throwing, running, or catching the ball. I believe the O-line was the most improved part of this team, and I don't think anyone can argue other wise. The D-line needs help, we will lose Hatcher, and possibly Spencer and we all know the cap is in total hell. Draft a couple pass rushing D-lineman, a safety, and maybe another linebacker. It may take a couple years for them to develop into an NFL caliber pass rusher, but we need younger cheaper talent. Stay away from big free agents, which I think they have no choice but to do. Hire a decent DC and stick with him for more than a season. If we do this, I think this team will get better. We have good receivers, and the best running back we have had in years. I have noticed we have hit on a few draft picks since Garrett has been here, Smith, Fredrick, and Lee, if Lee can have an injury free year that is, and Demarco Murray. The special teams have been very good this season, and we have one of the best kickers in the NFL. Shore up that defense, and who knows what happens. Oh, and RUN THE DAMN BALL.

"RUN THE DAMN BALL" Would mean Jerry firing lil red, but we know that ain't happening

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"RUN THE DAMN BALL" Would mean Jerry firing lil red, but we know that ain't happening

Maybe not this season, but if there is no improvement next season, I think he's gone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with just about everything said. The OLine was really a strength for us this season. I would say we will lose Austin, so does that mean Beasley steps in . I love Beasley, but I would also like someone that can stretch the field. Who knows, maybe Escobar will improve and we can run more 12 personnel. I will admit that I did like the addition of a fullback at the end of the season. Dont forget about Dunbar and the weapon he can be if healthy.

Defensively- Lots of holes to fill. I like the 3 CBs if they are healthy. Carters button needs to be pushed somehow. Lee has to stay healthy. Church had a nice season, but he needs someone with him that can cover. Holleman and Wilbur both had nice moments this season. The DLine has to create more pass rush of course.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if Jerry is looking into the future as far as Head coaches goes. Maybe someone he has an eye on wont be available until 2 years from now. so why fire JG next year when they try for whoever in 2 yrs. No one would want to be hired as a head coach for one year. Just some different thoughts on possibilities. :noidea: I have no clue who is available following the end of next year. But those insiders in the FO might.

Just food for thought.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with just about everything said. The OLine was really a strength for us this season. I would say we will lose Austin, so does that mean Beasley steps in . I love Beasley, but I would also like someone that can stretch the field. Who knows, maybe Escobar will improve and we can run more 12 personnel. I will admit that I did like the addition of a fullback at the end of the season. Dont forget about Dunbar and the weapon he can be if healthy.

Defensively- Lots of holes to fill. I like the 3 CBs if they are healthy. Carters button needs to be pushed somehow. Lee has to stay healthy. Church had a nice season, but he needs someone with him that can cover. Holleman and Wilbur both had nice moments this season. The DLine has to create more pass rush of course.

I liked Holloman's motor he showed last night. if we can get three LBs with high motors & can be taught. I can give a shit about their pedigree.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if Jerry is looking into the future as far as Head coaches goes. Maybe someone he has an eye on wont be available until 2 years from now. so why fire JG next year when they try for whoever in 2 yrs. No one would want to be hired as a head coach for one year. Just some different thoughts on possibilities. :noidea: I have no clue who is available following the end of next year. But those insiders in the FO might.

Just food for thought.

If that were the case why would Jerry pay Romo the Mega Million jackpot

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case why would Jerry pay Romo the Mega Million jackpot

I don't think a year ago JJ was planning on firing JG. I do think he has considered it after this year.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just food for thought.

I know people always say anyone would want to coach this team due to them being so high profile, but I disagree. I don't think any established coach wants to coach a team that can't bring in the coaches he wants. Does Jerry think Garrett is to dumb to bring in his own coaching staff, or does Jerry just think he's the smartest SOB in the game?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people always say anyone would want to coach this team due to them being so high profile, but I disagree. I don't think any established coach wants to coach a team that can't bring in the coaches he wants. Does Jerry think Garrett is to dumb to bring in his own coaching staff, or does Jerry just think he's the smartest SOB in the game?

not sure what answer your looking for, but you will never see me defending Jerry. of course he thinks he is the cat's meow!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This outlook for this defense going into next season does not look very sunny to me. Only returning starter on the DL is the often injured Ware. Selvie did a nice job, but probably should be a backup. Hatcher and spencer will be gone. Apparently the coaching staff soured on wilcox. So that leaves lots of holes. I thought Hollowman showed he can be a force in the future. Will sean lee ever be dependable? Apparently we need to burn an early pick on safety. Heath sucked big time. If heath is better than wilcox then we have a serious hole

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been improvement in three years. Next year will be no different.

Didn't say there was, but he has one year left on his contract. I don't see Jerry giving him another contract if they finish 8 and 8 again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not this season, but if there is no improvement next season, I think he's gone.

Isn't this exactly what everyone said a year ago?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everyone" is every Cowboy fan that i spoke to that didn't already think Garrett should have been gone this time last year...

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everyone" is every Cowboy fan that i spoke to that didn't already think Garrett should have been gone this time last year...

Hey I want him gone as bad as you do, but the fans don't get to fire the coach. He has one year left on his contract. I don't see him getting another one if we go 8 and 8 three years in a row.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been improvement in three years. Next year will be no different.

Not that I want them to keep Garrett but...getting rid of Garrett doesn't guarantee next year will be different either. It would be just another change in a long line of changes ever since Landry.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want them to keep Garrett but...getting rid of Garrett doesn't guarantee next year will be different either. It would be just another change in a long line of changes ever since Landry.

I'm with you.
Garrett is far from the best at his craft. I just don't see him as the reason why Dallas hasn't won more. I still see a group effort thing and pretty sure you could do a lot worse here in Dallas working under jerry if red ball is sent packing.