• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It looks like it is down to 5 teams...

Hoopla Cash
$ 885.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU might not even be ranked when the season is over. Neither of these last two games are gimmes for them. Oklahoma is a top 10 team, and OSU won in a much more decisive manner, and they did it on the road. Plus, OSU would have beaten michigan, which Wisconsin did not do. If Wisconsin beats PSU, they would have exactly 0 top 10 wins and maybe 2-3 ranked wins. If OSU beats michigan, they'll have 3 top 10 wins and 4 ranked wins overall.

The committee thought TCU was the 3rd best team until they saw OSU absolutely annihilate the #13 team in the nation. Coupling that along with a convincing road win vs. top 10 Michigan St. and the extra overall win with the same number of losses is what bumped us over TCU.

I honestly don't see PSU beating Wisconsin. If they did, it would not be by much, which I don't think is enough to jump them from the 8-9 range over us. Wisconsin, I also don't think would have enough juice from beating PSU to jump us unless it was that sort of 59-0 style thumping we had in 2014. Then I'm concerned. I also, however, don't think Washington escapes as 12-1 conference champs this year.
Penn St winning out would be a worst case scenario for OSU. I disagree with you, I believe Penn St would jump OSU, and rightfully so. The committee would lose the very little credibility they have left if they left out the BIG champ and a team who would have the H2H advantage over OSU. OSU is in much better shape if Wisconsin is the BIG Champ, their H2H victory would even out the CCG.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU might not even be ranked when the season is over. Neither of these last two games are gimmes for them. Oklahoma is a top 10 team, and OSU won in a much more decisive manner, and they did it on the road. Plus, OSU would have beaten michigan, which Wisconsin did not do. If Wisconsin beats PSU, they would have exactly 0 top 10 wins and maybe 2-3 ranked wins. If OSU beats michigan, they'll have 3 top 10 wins and 4 ranked wins overall.

The committee thought TCU was the 3rd best team until they saw OSU absolutely annihilate the #13 team in the nation. Coupling that along with a convincing road win vs. top 10 Michigan St. and the extra overall win with the same number of losses is what bumped us over TCU.

I honestly don't see PSU beating Wisconsin. If they did, it would not be by much, which I don't think is enough to jump them from the 8-9 range over us. Wisconsin, I also don't think would have enough juice from beating PSU to jump us unless it was that sort of 59-0 style thumping we had in 2014. Then I'm concerned. I also, however, don't think Washington escapes as 12-1 conference champs this year.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think if Ohio State wins out, they should get in. However, I'm not the committee, and they seem to value conference championships extremely highly. They've said before that a non-champ can still get in, but they will have to be clearly the better team. This could be the year for that, though i see no possible way Ohio State can get in as a non-champ and the B1G champ doesn't get in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you. I think if Ohio State wins out, they should get in. However, I'm not the committee, and they seem to value conference championships extremely highly. They've said before that a non-champ can still get in, but they will have to be clearly the better team. This could be the year for that, though i see no possible way Ohio State can get in as a non-champ and the B1G champ doesn't get in.
Playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation and being top 3 nationally both offensively and defensively is about as clear as it gets.